Welcome!

Ribs

Haha a quote from the Sun article about funny moments on our old site

Quote: "favourite has to be the, ‘Burrows? Do we really need him?’ Thread. That thread will always be iconic, always made me laugh when I needed it,” a poster named Apricot wrote.“The guy who was on a date, and the toilet backed up, and went to CDC for advice,” wrote TheGhostof1915.“Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd,” quipped Billabong, with a joke about the long-standing love fans have for posting their own trade proposals" 😹

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting

This is spreading

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-team-shuts-down-popular-website-fan-forums-fans-lament-the-loss/wcm/5491405e-cd47-470a-969e-c1e957aac51

And fancy that.

And from time to time, senior executives of the team would push to shut down the message boards, often because they’d come across a thread critical of the team, but the team’s digital staff always pushed back, saying that the community it provided, shown in the high number of page views

Nothing else to report on. They, all 3 GM's, don't appear to be doing anything.

I mean couldn't any poster do what Johnson does?

Speaking of that weren't there 3 Assistant GMs? Now listed as two.

Distancing themselves from fan interactions. Before it was run by the Canucks so hard to keep saying they were not hearing the fans but now they can say whatever they want that fans want with no internal connection to the fanbase.

I guess it will now take more flying messages to get a Canucks management type to even consider what fans really want.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

In reading the Sun article, I feel like it's really out of touch and short sighted. 

So sure, maybe the forum was not as active lately...but there wasn't much reason to board the bandwagon over the past while. Those of us who were here hung in there, despite it all.

Twitter users aren't really establishing a connection like we have here. One and done. Easy to check out without any sort of ties or loyalty like what we see here.

Remember that we've also crashed the boards with so many active WHEN THERE WAS REASON TO BE. The buzz that was generated on CDC was contagious and filtered out beyond the site itself. They'll lose a lot of that and I'm not sure the powers that be are really forward thinking. 

Unplugging a hub that has people who've been there through the best and worst of times is quite a test. We'll see if they made the right decision or not.

Of course life time bans didn't help either. Multiple families banned because of accounts on the same IP address or computer or trying to access an account of a device that was already registered. One person tried three different sign ins and resulted in 8 life time bans for multiple accounts.

So are you or other admins still working at Canuck front office?

19 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Zero chance they made the right decision. It was a terrible decision based on money and not their fans.

The wealthy are out of touch with the people, shocking. Eat the rich.

I’m guessing they did it to protect the image and brand. Running a fan forum about your product can be risky, as fans will always have something critical to say. But now the danger may get even bigger for them, as at least before they had some power over what gets kept on the boards. Now that the same fans are moving to an independent site that has potential to grow just as big, Canucks management will have less control on what is said. Like the old saying, “keep your enemies close, but keep your hardcore fans even closer”

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Vintage may not be able to join this, if he's still working for the Canucks organization. 

I wonder if they had to fight just to keep the site up until the end of the month and give people time to migrate to something else?

Seems like a very petty decision to shut down CDC, but at the end of the day a truly fan-run site is better and its a small but strong group on here.

JM_'s back, or you just use his profile pic?