Welcome!

Ribs

I'm still here and I'm salty af about the CDC shutdown 

Glad we have this place and all but it should have never come to this 

Not that the signs weren't there with the stifling of political content and whatnot, but we did just fine with that stuff for years

• Cheers 3

Glad to be part of this community, been looking for a new home to discuss Canucks. I couldn't visit classic CDC anymore, Reddit Canucks are meh, and HFCanucks are just group of 10-15 daily posters with zero intellect (also unusable to ads)

Edited by Bane
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/16/2023 at 1:58 PM, MeanSeanBean said:

Zero chance they made the right decision. It was a terrible decision based on money and not their fans.

The wealthy are out of touch with the people, shocking. Eat the rich.

All I'm gonna say is that the French made fantastic use of metal and wood.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 9/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, -dlc- said:

In reading the Sun article, I feel like it's really out of touch and short sighted if it reflects ownership's thinking. 

So sure, maybe the forum was not as active lately...but there wasn't much reason to board the bandwagon over the past while. Those of us who were here hung in there, despite it all.

Twitter users aren't really establishing a connection like we have here. One and done. Easy to check out without any sort of ties or loyalty like what we see here.

Remember that we've also crashed the boards with so many active WHEN THERE WAS REASON TO. The buzz that was generated on CDC was contagious and filtered out beyond the site itself. They'll lose a lot of that and I'm not sure the powers that be are really forward thinking. 

I don't think it's so much a matter of people losing interest in CDC...as much as it is that they've grown tired of the past decade of nothing to cheer for. But sure, ditch a boatload of fans in an abrupt rug pull. That'll help matters.

Unplugging a hub that has people who've been there through the best and worst of times is quite a test. We'll see if they made the right decision or not.

Not to mention, in terms of Twitter, who knows how long Twitter's even around at this point. If that's considered a "better option", that's laughable at best given the recent drama behind Twitter.

• Like 2

I tried to "build" a sig @Ribs. It didn't work.

I went back and forth with VC but we couldn't locate where to do it under my account settings...I did it through the admin controls. I see it, but it's not showing up. 

Not urgent...you have a lot on your plate. Just weird and if you could take a look sometime and let me know what I did wrong. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I tried to "build" a sig @Ribs. It didn't work.

I went back and forth with VC but we couldn't locate where to do it under my account settings...I did it through the admin controls. I see it, but it's not showing up. 

Not urgent...you have a lot on your plate. Just weird and if you could take a look sometime and let me know what I did wrong. 

Can't be done through the admin side, but you should see it it Profile  > Account Settings. I may have screwed something up though cause I can't see it 🤪

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ribs said:

Can't be done through the admin side, but you should see it it Profile  > Account Settings. I may have screwed something up though cause I can't see it 🤪

I couldn't see it either...ok, at least I'm not losing it (well I am but, whatever)

• Haha 1