Welcome!

Ribs

3 hours ago, N7_Gyoza said:

Never actually posted on CDC but I have visited the forum on a daily basis for many many years, was really sad to hear of the shutdown but I'm very glad to have a new spot for canucks fans to hang out! Go Canucks go!! ✌️

Same here lol. Season 2 Good Job GIF by The Office

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I tried to "build" a sig @Ribs. It didn't work.

I went back and forth with VC but we couldn't locate where to do it under my account settings...I did it through the admin controls. I see it, but it's not showing up. 

Not urgent...you have a lot on your plate. Just weird and if you could take a look sometime and let me know what I did wrong. 

Yeah, I couldn’t get a Sig to work either. 

On 9/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, -dlc- said:

If you want your old name back let me know.

Personally, I kinda like the "Kid"...like Billy the Kid. A little dangerous.

how do i get my 3 canucks background picture here?  i would love to get my story of ray on here too. i'ld like to be smithers joe. i got used to being him.

by the way, lass, how is your dad doing?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

A Heartfelt Welcome and My Sincere Apology

Dear Members of the Unofficial Canucks  Forum,

I hope this message finds you well. I want to start by expressing my deep gratitude for the opportunity to rejoin this community, and I'd like to offer a warm welcome to both familiar faces and new members.

Allow me to introduce myself once again. I was here for many years, but I must admit that during some of those years, I was not the best version of myself on this forum. I engaged in heated debates, trolled discussions, and allowed my emotions to get the best of me. Looking back, I now understand the impact of my actions and how they disrupted the harmony of this community.

One thread that stands out in my memory is the one where the topic of free speech was passionately debated. Many of you wisely warned about the consequences of speech, and my own experience in the aftermath of the "smarmy dubious Dubas" thread made me realize the truth in those words. I had created that thread after losing a debate in another discussion. In my attempt to salvage my argument, I resorted to using a straw man (which I didn't recognize as such at the time), and as many of you pointed out the flaws in my reasoning, I spiraled into a dark place where my statements became increasingly nonsensical by the second.

I won't list all the ways I was wrong, as it could fill multiple pages, and I'm sure many of you would like the chance to dissect my arguments yourselves—I welcome that. However, I kindly request that any critique be shared privately to avoid disrupting the forum. As a fellow moderator in my own forum, I understand the desire to maintain a respectful and harmonious atmosphere. and i do not want chaos on my first post...

I must also apologize if I inadvertently offended anyone during those turbulent weeks, especially considering that some of those threads have since been deleted, and I may not recognize everyone by their new usernames.

What have I learned from this experience? Well, I've come to understand that while trolling trolls may be momentarily fun, it can create chaos and discomfort for many. I've also learned that words carry consequences, and that applies to all of us. I've recognized my own tendencies toward narcissism and conceit, often masking my insecurities.

But here, I'm looking for a fresh start, a different journey focused solely on hockey. No more inserting my "expert opinions" where they're not needed, just appreciating trade proposals and cheering on our team. I have bigger priorities than playing the role of Eeyore.

I sincerely apologize to each of you for the disruption and turmoil I caused. I genuinely hope you can accept my apology, but I also understand if you choose not to. This forum is ultimately for the members, and I respect your decision.

As a testament to the positive impact this forum has had on my life, I've become a moderator of a chess club, thanks in large part to the experiences and lessons I gained here. I've created countless forum topics inspired by the Canucks forum, and the members of my club appreciate them immensely.

Once again, I apologize, and I promise to do better. I've learned how to be a more responsible and respectful member, and I'm excited to apply these lessons and contribute positively to our shared passion—hockey.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Sincerely,

Tyler AKA Petey-Boi AKA badboipete

Petey Boi, you're A-OK. 

15 hours ago, Dankmemes187 said:

A Heartfelt Welcome and My Sincere Apology

Dear Members of the Unofficial Canucks  Forum,

I hope this message finds you well. I want to start by expressing my deep gratitude for the opportunity to rejoin this community, and I'd like to offer a warm welcome to both familiar faces and new members.

Allow me to introduce myself once again. I was here for many years, but I must admit that during some of those years, I was not the best version of myself on this forum. I engaged in heated debates, trolled discussions, and allowed my emotions to get the best of me. Looking back, I now understand the impact of my actions and how they disrupted the harmony of this community.

One thread that stands out in my memory is the one where the topic of free speech was passionately debated. Many of you wisely warned about the consequences of speech, and my own experience in the aftermath of the "smarmy dubious Dubas" thread made me realize the truth in those words. I had created that thread after losing a debate in another discussion. In my attempt to salvage my argument, I resorted to using a straw man (which I didn't recognize as such at the time), and as many of you pointed out the flaws in my reasoning, I spiraled into a dark place where my statements became increasingly nonsensical by the second.

I won't list all the ways I was wrong, as it could fill multiple pages, and I'm sure many of you would like the chance to dissect my arguments yourselves—I welcome that. However, I kindly request that any critique be shared privately to avoid disrupting the forum. As a fellow moderator in my own forum, I understand the desire to maintain a respectful and harmonious atmosphere. and i do not want chaos on my first post...

I must also apologize if I inadvertently offended anyone during those turbulent weeks, especially considering that some of those threads have since been deleted, and I may not recognize everyone by their new usernames.

What have I learned from this experience? Well, I've come to understand that while trolling trolls may be momentarily fun, it can create chaos and discomfort for many. I've also learned that words carry consequences, and that applies to all of us. I've recognized my own tendencies toward narcissism and conceit, often masking my insecurities.

But here, I'm looking for a fresh start, a different journey focused solely on hockey. No more inserting my "expert opinions" where they're not needed, just appreciating trade proposals and cheering on our team. I have bigger priorities than playing the role of Eeyore.

I sincerely apologize to each of you for the disruption and turmoil I caused. I genuinely hope you can accept my apology, but I also understand if you choose not to. This forum is ultimately for the members, and I respect your decision.

As a testament to the positive impact this forum has had on my life, I've become a moderator of a chess club, thanks in large part to the experiences and lessons I gained here. I've created countless forum topics inspired by the Canucks forum, and the members of my club appreciate them immensely.

Once again, I apologize, and I promise to do better. I've learned how to be a more responsible and respectful member, and I'm excited to apply these lessons and contribute positively to our shared passion—hockey.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Sincerely,

Tyler AKA Petey-Boi AKA badboipete

can we still argue about the value of face-offs?

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

can we still argue about the value of face-offs?

yes..my views have changed slightly... i still feel they are slightly overrated especially in the neutral zone... but believe they are extremely important in special teams and are as about as important as winning a board battle in 5v5 everywhere else... 

Thats What I Think Chicago Med GIF by One Chicago

Edited by Dankmemes187
add a gif...
  • Cheers 1