Welcome!

Ribs

I'm enjoying the new posters/former lurkers coming out of the woodwork!

I realize how daunting it is to try and 'establish' yourself as a day to day voice here with so many big personalities and strong opinions. People should absolutely be able to post with confidence and without fear of meatheads or bullying. It's been a nice adjustment so far, thank you everyone for helping this new community grow!

1 hour ago, diesel_3 said:

I realize how daunting it is to try and 'establish' yourself as a day to day voice here with so many big personalities and strong opinions. People should absolutely be able to post with confidence and without fear of meatheads or bullying. It's been a nice adjustment so far, thank you everyone for helping this new community grow!

Couldn't agree with you more.  To me strong opinions about the team or sports in general is fine... However, when politics or religion get platforms.  That's when the ganging up and down right vitrol becomes damaging because if people have a view, that the very vocal group of posters here don't agree with, and they're condemned and piled up on a poster with a different view.  That same energy will taint and permeate through all the threads.  It really happened during the covid period.  I know many feelings were hurt.  This is supposed to be a safe place to banter about our favorite team.  I hope we have learned from those challenging times and can really be more open minded when it comes to subjects outside of sports.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Couldn't agree with you more.  To me strong opinions about the team or sports in general is fine... However, when politics or religion get platforms.  That's when the ganging up and down right vitrol becomes damaging because if people have a view, that the very vocal group of posters here don't agree with, and they're condemned and piled up on a poster with a different view.  That same energy will taint and permeate through all the threads.  It really happened during the covid period.  I know many feelings were hurt.  This is supposed to be a safe place to banter about our favorite team.  I hope we have learned from those challenging times and can really be more open minded when it comes to subjects outside of sports.  

100% 

39 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Welcome back buddy! I'm hoping your team makes the playoffs this year. But the East is going to be a dogfight.

We finally have a real coaching staff and a hands off owner (he's been busy with the NFL team since 2014) whose wife is no longer running the team.  I'm optimistic.

15 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

We finally have a real coaching staff and a hands off owner (he's been busy with the NFL team since 2014) whose wife is no longer running the team.  I'm optimistic.

I loved those goat head thirds, and the fact that they almost scored 6 goals every time they wore it... what an exciting team that is

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Absolutely not!

sob-arnold.gif.7ff7dc583781c103d66ae3b0c7ab0bd5.gif

2 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Agreed, the infusion of new blood via lurkers turning poster is really nice to see

Broadens the pool of posters, views, and opinions, makes engaging around here more interesting 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rubik said:

before it slips my mind, stats from the old site, I'll make another one right before it shuts down

image.thumb.png.5fdec5afa15aee350814628f1b3d6d06.png

There was a purge too quite a few years ago - actual total post number is over 12m.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Ribs said:

There was a purge too quite a few years ago - actual total post number is over 12m.

and I guess that 100.000 users is the total number of posters from the very beginning, including the ones who got banned and etc... but do you have a ballpark estimate for active users, who still regularly posted in the last year or so?

Edited by Rubik

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Over 200 visitors on a non game day.

Screenshot_20230920_103703_Chrome.jpg

Interesting to see so many guests too. I figured we'd lose a lot of guests/lurkers with the transition, but it seems like a lot of them have come over.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, Vintage Canuck said:

I've joined the new forum to preserve my username and prevent impersonation, but I can't guarantee my level of activity here. Nonetheless, I'm still willing to assist the moderating team.

Cc: @Ribs

I did that too. Pretty sure there were tens if not hunrdeds of people looking to steal my username so I had to be really, really quick 😎

🇫🇮

• ThereItIs 1