Welcome!

Ribs

I feel this year will be different. It's been said many times before, but this time, with the newly adjusted coaching staff, player movement and acquisitions, Hughes being the new captain, even this new forum...something special is brewing.  Would be kind of funny if the Canucks went on a deep run, and maybe even drank from the Cup, the year CDC closed. 

Looking for a weak spot on the Canucks, I can't really pick one out like I used to:

Great goaltending in Demko.

High octane offense in Petey, Kuzmenko, Miller and Boeser. Big redemption year for Brock.

Steady, gritty bottom 6 that includes Podkolzin, Suter, Blueger and Joshua. 

Offensive D in Hughes, Hronek and Myers. Yes, that Myers. I think he has a bounce-back season and provides more offense paired with Irwin. My guess.

Defensive D in Soucy, Cole and Irwin

Also some nice options with Woo, Hirose and McWard

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting

This is spreading

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-team-shuts-down-popular-website-fan-forums-fans-lament-the-loss/wcm/5491405e-cd47-470a-969e-c1e957aac51

And fancy that.

And from time to time, senior executives of the team would push to shut down the message boards, often because they’d come across a thread critical of the team, but the team’s digital staff always pushed back, saying that the community it provided, shown in the high number of page views

your link didn't work for me, so I deleted some part of it from the end, if anyone has the same problem, try this one:

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-team-shuts-down-popular-website-fan-forums-fans-lament-the-loss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting

This is spreading

https://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-team-shuts-down-popular-website-fan-forums-fans-lament-the-loss/wcm/5491405e-cd47-470a-969e-c1e957aac51

And fancy that.

And from time to time, senior executives of the team would push to shut down the message boards, often because they’d come across a thread critical of the team, but the team’s digital staff always pushed back, saying that the community it provided, shown in the high number of page views

Would be interesting to see if it actually gains traction, but yeah, link didn't work for me either.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

Awesome!  I was hoping that you’d make it over here.  We haven’t always agreed (though I think we have more often than not) but it wouldn’t be the same without you.  I look forward to reading your viewpoints in the future!

appreciate it always liked your contributions as well!

• Cheers 1

Glad to see a new forum and many familiar usernames! Let's make this site even better than before, wonder if there will be any sort of fee to be a member to help this new site and maybe we get some kind of small gift in the mail annually after we pay...just an idea!?!?

I need somewhere to talk Canucks, I hope this site flourishes and looking forward to the upcoming season and attending some games in October...Go Canucks Go!!!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

So who owns this forum?

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

We, the people. 

Actually I have no idea.

More or less. In the long term, it will probably either be funded by donations or ads, or perhaps a mixture of both, depending on the needs. A forum by the people, for the people.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1