Welcome!

Ribs

14 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Some one hold me, I'm scared.

The forum software has just called me a collaborator, and I remember what happened to them during ww2.   

You're just writing a book with a friend....

🙈

Edited by HIWATT
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Just a heads up, I am trading emails with the President of Canucks Business Operations right now.

I sent an email to the ENTIRE Canucks management team, including Francesco Aquilini and got into all but 5 email boxes.

We are arranging to talk directly this coming week....

This will only solidify their stance on their decision , the damage is done. Besides this site is less  stringent 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Chon derry said:

This will only solidify their stance on their decision , the damage is done. Besides this site is less  stringent 

I got a reply from the President of Canucks Business in 20 minutes on a Saturday night from his personal iPhone.

I sent a really detailed email, detailing why shutting down the forum was a bad idea.

Response from someone that high up on a Saturday night?

I struck a nerve

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chon derry said:

It'd be good to know if they'll give us some meaningful explanation, or some fluff talking points.  If it's the former, then maybe there might be at least some closure, even if we don't re-engage with the site should it continue operating beyond Sept 30th.  If it's the latter, then fuck them, they deserve every lost dollar that they could've earned but instead burned by shutting down the site.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HIWATT said:

It's funny reading some of the posts in the CDC closure thread where guys are like "I started coming here when I was 10, now I'm 23"

How many times did ask yourself back then "is this guy 10 years old or what?" when you were reading a post...

well.......   😂

Respect the nostalgia. 

This is kinda life changing for many actual people here. 

Be kind.  Have empathy bud. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I got a reply from the President of Canucks Business in 20 minutes on a Saturday night from his personal iPhone.

I sent a really detailed email, detailing why shutting down the forum was a bad idea.

I struck a nerve

I'd imagine he's getting an earful. And not just from one person. 

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

It'd be good to know if they'll give us some meaningful explanation, or some fluff talking points.  If it's the former, then maybe there might be at least some closure, even if we don't re-engage with the site should it continue operating beyond Sept 30th.  If it's the latter, then fuck them, they deserve every lost dollar that they could've earned but instead burned by shutting down the site.

With all the work that’s been done to create this site in such short order coupled with what was such a short sighted decision on their part I could care less what their response is. my loyalty is with this site. And not some blithering idiots in a board room making decisions with no consideration to the number of people they impacted. They can all burst into flames. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I struck a nerve

What did you say?

Just now, HIWATT said:

I'd imagine he's getting an earful. And not just from one person. 

Well, 5 emails on the first message bounced, JR, Alvin, Tallon, Granato and Castonguay. The reason they bounced was Authorization to send them email protection...I wasn't in their address books as approved to send them emails.

Michael did a reply to all to my original message which means, I am now IN their address books and they saw 2 replies and Francesco will have seen my email plus 2 replies from a senior manager, which means, he or whoever screens his email will notice it and the business case I made around the forum.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Too late....like the girlfriend who wanted to test whether the grass was greener elsewhere and then returned to you....thank you but no thank you.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Respect the nostalgia. 

This is kinda life changing for many actual people here. 

Be kind.  Have empathy bud. 

I mentioned going through this before on another, non-hockey forum. (other thread)

There are a number of reasons why the loss of CDC is way less devastating in general, and I do see how some younger folks who've not known a world without the internet might find this terribly upsetting.

It's like a breakup. The quicker you move on the better. 

It's the people that make the site anyway not the site itself. Think of it like a church. A church is not a building, it's the people in the building. 

• Cheers 1

Well, 5 emails on the first message bounced, JR, Alvin, Tallon, Granato and Castonguay. The reason they bounced was Authorization to send them email protection...I wasn't in their address books as approved to send them emails.

Michael did a reply to all to my original message which means, I am now IN their address books and they saw 2 replies and Francesco will have seen my email plus 2 replies from a senior manager, which means, he or whoever screens his email will notice it and the business case I made around the forum.

None of this matters my friend. 

CDC is going to be shut down effectively Oct. 1.

Lets move on to the new site, graciously created by Stealth. 

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see if this happens on all other NHL team platforms.