Welcome!

Ribs

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

I don't understand what the point of insisting on an explanation from management is. Many posters have already moved on, with many more on the way.

It's like a girlfriend breaking up with you and insisting that she give you an explanation. 

I'm literally trying to explain this to someone right now...  and he's 60 years old !  

5 minutes ago, HIWATT said:

I mentioned going through this before on another, non-hockey forum. (other thread)

There are a number of reasons why the loss of CDC is way less devastating in general, and I do see how some younger folks who've not known a world without the internet might find this terribly upsetting.

It's like a breakup. The quicker you move on the better. 

It's the people that make the site anyway not the site itself. Think of it like a church. A church is not a building, it's the people in the building. 

Brother/Sister, one thing I need you to know is that nothing is ‘ending’. 

This is the same place that you get to be supported and talk Canucks Hockey! 

Message me if you need any help. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Brother/Sister, one thing I need you to know is that nothing is ‘ending’. 

This is the same place that you get to be supported and talk Canucks Hockey! 

Message me if you need any help. 

If anything I love the dedication and commitment CDC snubbing us fans has shown. Thanks to Stealth and our community we can continue onwards and upwards for another season.... to 20 more years!!!

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, HIWATT said:

It'll be interesting to see if this happens on all other NHL team platforms.

If it doesn't then does that  mean all those Canuck conspiracies were right?

Rome getting the longest suspension in NHL history in the SCFs for a half second late legal hit comes to mind.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Well, if nothing else, maybe we can get this recognized as the Official Canucks Forum...

It’s gotta be ‘unofficial’. For legal, privacy reasons.

That’s it. Move on. 

We all are gonna move on to a site that is independently owned and we’re going to be a fan site owned and paid by the fans. 

That’s it. That’s all.

Don’t bother asking why. It is what it is. Don’t make me go old school Sharpshooter on you. 

😛

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

@VegasCanuck I really liked your letters. At best we can hope for is some kind of response  like oh we had no idea of the popularity of the site?  There is definitely a missed opportunity at play here. Their certainly not going to admit to a “don’t know what you had til it’s gone “ response. The damage is done and it’s all on their short sited dumbass decisions. Of which we’ve all questioned at some point in time. This very same questioning is the very reason they came to this cancel culture decision in the first place. Their out now, and have absolutely no power over this Site. I hope the door hits them in the face both coming and going!!!!!!

Going to be an interesting discussion. I expected to get some type of brush off response.  I was surprised that I got a reply in less than 20 minutes on a Saturday night from the President of the business side of the Canucks organization.  This guy would be roughly on a parr with JR in terms of position, just different division. The reply came from someone who would report directly to Francesco Aquilini. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Going to be an interesting discussion. I expected to get some type of brush off response.  I was surprised that I got a reply in less than 20 minutes on a Saturday night from the President of the business side of the Canucks organization.  This guy would be roughly on a parr with JR in terms of position, just different division. The reply came from someone who would report directly to Francesco Aquilini. 

Vintage, Vegas?....

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I get that. But what’s concerning to me is that something like this happening in the first place whether by design or accidental is moot. We’re better off here avoiding any of it. And I actually hope there is a didn’t know what you had til it’s gone situation on their part. To bad we’re here now.

Edited by Chon derry

Just wondering, if there was a way to contact the Executive or their helper who made this decision, what would you say and how could we make our collective voices heard? 

It’s too late obviously. I’ll never go back, but I’m wondering how to let ‘them’ know that they just hundreds of actual supporters and the thousands that we all know and can influence?

Greatest sports merchandise marketing and sports business failure ever? 

Yeah. I think so.

Sharpshooter of old??

image.gif.78d007f04eda0a8bb71030c1f2b8bcfb.gif