Welcome!

Ribs

3 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

I get that. But what’s concerning to me is that something like this happening in the first place whether by design or accedintal

If they has engaged with the forum instead of treating it as a nuisance, they might have found that we could be a good resource for them on a lit of fronts.

Will see where it goes, talking is always a good start.

Worst case, everything goes the way it is now.

Best case, they start to engage with fans at a level they haven't considered in a long time.

One if the best people this team ever had was Brian Burke. He got out into the community, talked with fans, showed up at Rotary clubs and other places thar were outside his job description for no other reason than it engaged with the fan base.

This management team is sitting above the public and not engaging. That's not leadership or building fan loyalty. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Agree completely!

Glad you sent them the email and got attention right away.

We may not have CDC anymore but bravo sir for giving them a good kick in the pants on the way out lol. I love it!

It peeves me because we are the die hard fans that spend money on their products every year.

I’ve been to countless games, bought countless jerseys and merchandise, bought their expensive food and drink, went to the young stars tourny several times, pay my sportsnet subscription, and for good measure pay for an ahl live subscription to watch the farm club…all this adds up. I as a paying customer feel completely back handed by all this and it’s definitely making me think twice on going to any more games or even considering buying seasons tickets like I have been lately. 

They shot the puck over the glass on this one in my humble opinion.

I do agree with Sharpshooter, damage is done. There’s no coming back from it.

This could have gone way different if they were honest from the beginning and let us know up front. Instead we find out just as the season starts ramping up and we are all getting excited for it…while leaving us no options to go anywhere else. Shitty move plain and simple.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

If they has engaged with the forum instead of treating it as a nuisance, they might have found that we could be a good resource for them on a lit of fronts.

Will see where it goes, talking is always a good start.

Worst case, everything goes the way it is now.

Best case, they start to engage with fans at a level they haven't considered in a long time.

One if the best people this team ever had was Brian Burke. He got out into the community, talked with fans, showed up at Rotary clubs and other places thar were outside his job description for no other reason than it engaged with the fan base.

This management team is sitting above the public and not engaging. That's not leadership or building fan loyalty. 

Their in their ivory tower and will continue with the , sell as many different types of jerseys as they can. That kind of marketing shows a clear lack of interest of wondering what’s in the Canuck fans mind , but more about what’s in their wallet. It also shows me there’s not a whole bunch of creativity. The saying goes ‘ no input no output’  this IS their loss. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Just wondering, if there was a way to contact the Executive or their helper who made this decision, what would you say and how could we make our collective voices heard? 

It’s too late obviously. I’ll never go back, but I’m wondering how to let ‘them’ know that they just hundreds of actual supporters and the thousands that we all know and can influence?

Greatest sports merchandise marketing and sports business failure ever? 

Yeah. I think so.

Sharpshooter of old??

image.gif.78d007f04eda0a8bb71030c1f2b8bcfb.gif

I’d be curious to see what the actual site traffic numbers were on CDC. 100 k plus users on the site but how many times have you seen it where someone finally signs up and says they’ve been coming to CDC for years just to get info and surf. How many uncounted people/visitors are we talking here? It could be huge. And that’s a big miss on their part.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Just wondering, if there was a way to contact the Executive or their helper who made this decision, what would you say and how could we make our collective voices heard? 

It’s too late obviously. I’ll never go back, but I’m wondering how to let ‘them’ know that they just hundreds of actual supporters and the thousands that we all know and can influence?

Greatest sports merchandise marketing and sports business failure ever? 

Yeah. I think so.

Sharpshooter of old??

image.gif.78d007f04eda0a8bb71030c1f2b8bcfb.gif

Reminds me of the marketing geniuses that thought “New Coke” was  a good idea.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Glad you sent them the email and got attention right away.

We may not have CDC anymore but bravo sir for giving them a good kick in the pants on the way out lol. I love it!

It peeves me because we are the die hard fans that spend money on their products every year.

I’ve been to countless games, bought countless jerseys and merchandise, bought their expensive food and drink, went to the young stars tourny several times, pay my sportsnet subscription, and for good measure pay for an ahl live subscription to watch the farm club…all this adds up. I as a paying customer feel completely back handed by all this and it’s definitely making me think twice on going to any more games or even considering buying seasons tickets like I have been lately. 

They shot the puck over the glass on this one in my humble opinion.

I do agree with Sharpshooter, damage is done. There’s no coming back from it.

This could have gone way different if they were honest from the beginning and let us know up front. Instead we find out just as the season starts ramping up and we are all getting excited for it…while leaving us no options to go anywhere else. Shitty move plain and simple.

That email went to 30+ people within the senior management of the Canucks. Only 5 were initially rejected, but due to the fact that the reply I got was a reply to all, my address has now been authenticated throughout the management team. I can drop an email into everyone from Rutherford on down. 

What was interesting was of the Team Management group, JR, Allvin, Granato, Tallon and Castonguay, all the newcomers, ALL bounced back, rejected as unauthorized communication. ONLY Stan Smyl's address went through. All the new management only accept emails, likely from other NHL teams or mainstream press. Smyl let's everyone get through, which is in like with his management style of listen to fans and engage them.

I find that very telling within the current management approach. Arms length access at best. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

That email went to 30+ people within the senior management of the Canucks. Only 5 were initially rejected, but due to the fact that the reply I got was a reply to all, my address has now been authenticated throughout the management team. I can drop an email into everyone from Rutherford on down. 

What was interesting was of the Team Management group, JR, Allvin, Granato, Tallon and Castonguay, all the newcomers, ALL bounced back, rejected as unauthorized communication. ONLY Stan Smyl's address went through. All the new management only accept emails, likely from other NHL teams or mainstream press. Smyl let's everyone get through, which is in like with his management style of listen to fans and engage them.

I find that very telling within the current management approach. Arms length access at best. 

All my best you Brother. 

The decision has been made. No one you emailed can change the decision  

Let’s move forward, together. 

• Cheers 1

re: repercussions to the team and management.  Won't happen   As soon as we start winning people will start buying more merchandise. It's inevitable. That's why the NHL can change the rules every Playoffs to pave the way for an American team. When Colorado won, there were no late hits and teams were not allowed to impede. One season later and 4-5 second late hits are the norm and dirty plays are allowed. No Canadian team has won in the Betteman era. That's not a coincidence.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

re: repercussions to the team and management.  Won't happen   As soon as we start winning people will start buying more merchandise. It's inevitable. That's why the NHL can change the rules every Playoffs to pave the way for an American team. When Colorado won, there were no late hits and teams were not allowed to impede. One season later and 4-5 second late hits are the norm and dirty plays are allowed. No Canadian team has won in the Betteman era. That's not a coincidence.

We, as supporters of the team can either be here and support the players of OUR team, or we don’t. 

Thank you for your post. We all kinda hear you and feel you. 

Now, we gotta rally. Around ourselves mostly, but also around the guys that make up our team. 

Forever and always, Go Canucks Go. 

16 minutes ago, Papa Sawce said:

Back to where it all makes sense, not gunna lie was pretty sad last couple days man, but this looks great! Was never a big poster but definitely enjoyed all you hooligans discussing Canucks!

Cheers man. Glad to see guys like you making an effort. 

You hidden hooligans make it all worthwhile. 🫡

• Cheers 1