Welcome!

Ribs

This is awesome how many of us lurkers have made the leap to active members.always loved the insight of the knowledgeable community and reflection on the old days…like when one could smoke at the coliseum with a twenty dollar ticket!a million years ago!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Vintage Canuck said:

I've joined the new forum to preserve my username and prevent impersonation, but I can't guarantee my level of activity here. Nonetheless, I'm still willing to assist the moderating team.

Cc: @Ribs

breaking news GIF

We have signed VC to the 6x6 Loui special. May not live up to the potential of the contract, but will provide the little things needed for our team to succeed!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

48 minutes ago, Vintage Canuck said:

I've joined the new forum to preserve my username and prevent impersonation, but I can't guarantee my level of activity here. Nonetheless, I'm still willing to assist the moderating team.

The champ is back! I was really hoping you would join. Even if you choose limited capacity, you’ve been a staple to the forum.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Guntrix said:

I don't understand what the point of insisting on an explanation from management is. Many posters have already moved on, with many more on the way.

It's like a girlfriend breaking up with you and insisting that she give you an explanation. 

You might not care for an explanation, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't. People have a right to ask these questions just as much as you and other posters have the right to move on.

It's rather naive to think your way of thinking should be the only way.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/16/2023 at 3:20 AM, AlexFriesen said:

Been reading CDC since 2009 when I was 14. It's tough to find people in Germany to discuss a hockey team half the world over, so the forum helped me a lot in my fandom. Never posted over there since I was very insecure about my english skills, but I can say I truly learned the language reading these forums ('should of' paid more attention in school) and staying up all night to listen to Canucks Games on 1040.

Really greatful to all the posters on CDC for helping me get invested in a team that cost me my sanity over the years. Maybe this new forum is a chance to post more myself, so thanks so much for the creators for stepping up when corporate greed (I assume) let us all down!!!

Cheers to you all and hopefully my optimism for this season doesn't crumble as fast as last year!

Not the funniest way I’ve heard of someone learn English, but still amusing nonetheless. 

You’re not the only German Canucks fan here. There are at least 2 more: @German Canuck and @Bombastik der Teutone

Welcome aboard.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Lock said:

Also, I just noticed post counts are being transferred over from the old site. That's cool to see. Do we request the post count or are the mods going through the list as the members join?

Take screenshots from your profile at the old forum and post them in the appropriate thread.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Not the funniest way I’ve heard of someone learn English, but still amusing nonetheless. 

You’re not the only German Canucks fan here. There are at least 2 more: @German Canuck and @Bombastik der Teutone

Welcome aboard.

I think @canuckster19 is also in Germany if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vintage Canuck said:

Excellent news VC, thanks again for all your contributions over the years. We are just happy to have you here as a fan. Plus you have you're own upvote icon sooo kinda awkward if you didn't join 😉

Cheers!

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2