Welcome!

Ribs

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

Hopefully folks who have bookmarked this site can find their way back in. The old link wasn't working for me, and I had to go to the old CDC site to get the new link here.

Triple H Reaction GIF by WWE

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

That was scary for a few minutes there. Looks like the site redirect is working now?

I was using History to try and get in, but I kept getting a network protocol error. I figured it was something like that.

20 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I don't have exact numbers, but it's very likely that the vast majority of those accounts were inactive. Numbers I heard were somewhere between 500 and 1000 active members per month, so this isn't totally out of line. I'd guess we've gotten at least 75% of the regular users over to CFF already. Despite drastically lower numbers, CFF is close to the activity CDC was at, an indication of most regular users having transitioned over.

Even if it never gets to the size that CDC was at, we have a big enough dedicated community to drive tons of discussion for a long time.

EDIT: Just looked it up and it seems like CDC averaged 20-35k posts per month during the season. So far, CFF has about 15k in about 10 days. We're probably on pace for pretty regular numbers.

I was wondering if we were reaching the ceiling of active users. Will be interesting to see what active numbers the season brings. 

With the site URL switch, the other url being down, just wondering how we'd find out any updates in the future when CDC shuts down.

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I was wondering if we were reaching the ceiling of active users. Will be interesting to see what active numbers the season brings. 

With the site URL switch, the other url being down, just wondering how we'd find out any updates in the future when CDC shuts down.

I can get a discord going as well to act as a backup.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

For me, when I type the old URL, it forwards to the new one.

We could also get a Discord backup. The admins already have one that was used in case CDC went down, so we could either adapt that for usage for everyone or create another one for all members.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

For me, when I type the old URL, it forwards to the new one.

We could also get a Discord backup. The admins already have one that was used in case CDC went down, so we could either adapt that for usage for everyone or create another one for all members.

I tried early this morning and it was down. Then I wondered how I'd find out about the new url if CDC wasn't around. 

Whatever works for everyone, I'm good. Appreciate the efforts you guys are putting. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I don't have exact numbers, but it's very likely that the vast majority of those accounts were inactive. Numbers I heard were somewhere between 500 and 1000 active members per month, so this isn't totally out of line. I'd guess we've gotten at least 75% of the regular users over to CFF already. Despite drastically lower numbers, CFF is close to the activity CDC was at, an indication of most regular users having transitioned over.

Even if it never gets to the size that CDC was at, we have a big enough dedicated community to drive tons of discussion for a long time.

EDIT: Just looked it up and it seems like CDC averaged 20-35k posts per month during the season. So far, CFF has about 15k in about 10 days. We're probably on pace for pretty regular numbers.

Sounds about right, the pool of regulars didn't seem massive in comparison to the number of accounts that were signed up 

Hopefully we can grow this place to have a larger regular user base than CDC's have the last several years 

24 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Also jesus

image.png

Hell yeah, brother

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I tried early this morning and it was down. Then I wondered how I'd find out about the new url if CDC wasn't around. 

Whatever works for everyone, I'm good. Appreciate the efforts you guys are putting. 

When I Google “Canucks Forum” the Unofficial Canucks Fan Forum is the second entry shown and links to us right here. 

It’s possible the first entry (CDC) disappears from the Google search result when CDC shuts off the lights and closes the door. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if many people find a place to discuss Canucks  through Google and end up here. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

When I Google “Canucks Forum” the Unofficial Canucks Fan Forum is the second entry shown and links to us right here. 

It’s possible the first entry (CDC) disappears from the Google search result when CDC shuts off the lights and closes the door. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if many people find a place to discuss Canucks  through Google and end up here. 

Nice! Glad you mentioned this. I'm glad it's showing up in search. I was wondering. I always Google Canucks Talk to get to the forum. Hopefully this one replaces it.

Yeah, it'll take a little while but CDC will disappear from search and expire like my old Columbia House subscription.

When it does disappear, it'll be like it never existed. And some people will think this is the only one that ever existed. 

• Cheers 1