Jess

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Juulsen's performances:  

Montreal (14 mins) :  Average   

Islanders (11 mins) : Bad 

Calgary (15 mins) : Bad 

Seattle (13 mins) : Average 

Sharks (15 mins) : Good 

I thought he was solid against the Sharks and took another step towards playing simple and physical.  We just need Juulsen to keep on getting more game time and I think that he will turn into a serviceable 6th d-man until we get Soucy back.  I also believe that he's already surpassed Friedman but we will see.  Mark Friedman also had a solid game against the Sharks. 

I hope that the team rotates Hirose back into the lineup for the next game and sits Friedman.  

I have to disagree. I thought Friedman looked good and it kind of seems like we play a better game with him in the line-up as compared to Hirose and Juulsen. Not really a lot separating them but I thought we played a more basic game again yesterday after his return. He seems more in tune with the style RT wants to play, whether or not he's the better player.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

Bouvillier 5'11. 180 lb

509 NHL games

113 g. 123 asst.     236 total points

(27 points in 52 games as a Canuck)

503 hits

200 blocks

He's almost .5 points a game

And about 1 hit per game

(In 52 games with us 19 takeaways 8 giveaways)

I think if the coaches could get him some more defensive training he may be a good addition to the pk.

He's a streaky scorer and not afraid of physical play. With right strength and conditioning he could help Hogs with the pest forecheck. 

I think with more physical training he could get more points in the dirty areas.

56 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Problem with him ultimately is he can’t score enough to stay in the top 6. He is a smallish winger that skates well, provides some forecheck and is a shooter that has never been a great scorer.
Ultimately PDG beat him and Podz for that open spot on the top 6. 
He needs to develop a solid PK game and be a bit more of a pest to maintain his long term presence in the NHL. 

Yeah I agree. NY was perfect for him because his play contributed to their control the play and strong defensive posture style. His odd goals and skill with speed made a useful player there. Like you said though to stay in the league and be more useful to teams he'll have to develop that ability to shut down teams and contribute from lower in the line-up. I think his days as a top 6 in this league are numbered or more realistically over.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Bouvillier 5'11. 180 lb

509 NHL games

113 g. 123 asst.     236 total points

(27 points in 52 games as a Canuck)

503 hits

200 blocks

He's almost .5 points a game

And about 1 hit per game

(In 52 games with us 19 takeaways 8 giveaways)

I think if the coaches could get him some more defensive training he may be a good addition to the pk.

He's a streaky scorer and not afraid of physical play. With right strength and conditioning he could help Hogs with the pest forecheck. 

I think with more physical training he could get more points in the dirty areas.

To be fair, that's a little skewed as he played his first stretch as a Canuck with Petey and they put up some good points

I would have gladly forgone Garland if it meant Benning didn't make the OEL trade.

Would it have meant one season of crap play from the team? Yeah.

But then all 3 would have walked in the offseason, and there would have been lots of cap space available.

Oh and wouldn't we have had an extra 1st round pick?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m a fan of Hoglander. I think he should stay up with the team. He’s earning his ice time. 

Damn. 

That means Benning drafted Hughes, Demko, Pettersson, Boeser, and Hoglander. 

Traded for Miller and Garland. 

Signed Myers and Di Giuseppe. 

I guess he wasn’t all bad when you really think about it. 

I like Hogs from day one. Definitely not a top six type, but shines where we have him.

JB's tenure with us did net us said players above. However, most of his trades and signings were more 'miss' than 'hit!' And let's not forget that we're in cap hell 'cuz of some of JB's questionable moves. Plus, in addition to horrible drafting from the previous regime with MG, JB didn't help much to bolster our depth either. That being said, he did have a huge hand in our present success with the names above. Anywho...........................

So. We drop 2 and win again. I look forward to see how we compete in Denver's thinner air against the powerhouse Avs. 

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Sativika said:

we're in cap hell 'cuz of some of JB's questionable moves.

Hard to blame him for that. We're mostly in cap hell because of the flat cap the past how many seasons. It's hard to blame ANY GM for signing deals when they had no foreknowledge. Because if they knew, reason would dictate GMs wouldn't've signed those deals at those prices in the first place. The projections would have completely changed. Eg. Tyler Myers 6x6 would not be 6x6, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would have gladly forgone Garland if it meant Benning didn't make the OEL trade.

Would it have meant one season of crap play from the team? Yeah.

But then all 3 would have walked in the offseason, and there would have been lots of cap space available.

Oh and wouldn't we have had an extra 1st round pick?

Given that Oel is back to being a top 2-3 dman, was it really a bad trade?

1 hour ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

Hard to blame him for that. We're mostly in cap hell because of the flat cap the past how many seasons. It's hard to blame ANY GM for signing deals when they had no foreknowledge. Because if they knew, reason would dictate GMs wouldn't've signed those deals at those prices in the first place. The projections would have completely changed. Eg. Tyler Myers 6x6 would not be 6x6, etc.

You can't tell them anything, they don't hear anything but "Benning bad"

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sick or injured? I read (can’t remember where) that during that horrid 5 game in 8 days in five cities stretch illness was going through the club. 

I think it was McDavid's frustrated crosscheck from behind - followed by Draisaitl headlocking him in the scrum afterwards.