[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Nov 20, 2023

Jess

im on another workperiod so im missing some games again.... highlights only tells u so much...

whats this about a dirty hit from Hogs? any video?

how did our 1st line do? EP40 and kuzmenko still a bit under their level or did they have some good moments?

from the highlights it seemed as blueger was involved in a lot of things.....or was that just a misinterpretation? if u continue to produce chances u will soon get rewarded...we could use a bottom 6 C with some offensive capabilities...

besides Hughes who was fenomenal as usual, which D made an impression?

32 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Happy guy!

Sounds like JT is having lots of fun. 

Just watched the Mcdavid post game interview after tonight's loss. What a stark contrast. So depressing. No way he stays in edm after his contract is finished. 

Edmonton is such a crap hole. No redeeming reason to stay in Edmonton if hockey is terrible too. 

Reminds me how bad it was here even just last season around this time of year. Man things changed quickly. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sign Myers around $2.5M for two years. $3M a tad too high to work. 

I noticed Myer's had a gimme at the side of the net but lost track of the puck. He loses track of the puck a lot between his skates. I'm wondering if he might benefit from a slightly shorter stick? It might help his stickhandling too. That was such a gimme goal I wished he got that. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

im on another workperiod so im missing some games again.... highlights only tells u so much...

how did our 1st line do? EP40 and kuzmenko still a bit under their level or did they have some good moments?

from the highlights it seemed as blueger was involved in a lot of things.....or was that just a misinterpretation? if u continue to produce chances u will soon get rewarded...we could use a bottom 6 C with some offensive capabilities...

Hogz was battling Leblanc. They were both basically trying to swing the other player down but Hogz got his feet behind Leblancs legs for leverage and took him down. 

Should have been 2 min at most. I wonder if the refs thought Leblanc hit his head on the ice or something and felt like they had to call something more serious. 

Didn't think ep40 line was all that great. They were average. 

Also we do have a bottom 6c with offense in Pius Suter.  Hopefully he's back soon. 

Curious which bottom 6 sits per game when Suter is back. 

In terms of D, they all did ok. Hronek was really good as usual. Friedman took a lot of shots. 

Juulsen played well. Myers did well. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, conquestofbaguettes said:

He said Canucks fans.

Not Trump fans

Poster said they were a fan of Harry and Meg now, they are entitled pricks.

Anyway Canucks are for real this year people. Calling it now kids.

Canucks Bruins in the final this year.

Canucks Rangers next year.  

The ultimate redemption!!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

The Hogs match penalty was ridiculous. They were BOTH battling it out. Refs were out of control there. Also with the non calls on Petey for the trips and slash on breaking his stick. They probably didn’t like being yelled at for that too many men. A call they were forced to make because of Petey. If that’s the case, that’s pretty petty. 

Gotta disagree on Hogs. Easy call on a clear slewfoot.  Sadly, it's just not being consistently called lately.

Rest is spot on. Until that shift with Petey getting his stick slashes, I didn't have much to complain about the reffing, and I probably complain too much about the reffing, usually.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Kuzy was better, made some nice, creative plays and was less tentative than the Squids game.  Be nice to see him producing again, though.

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

I could imagine him getting tossed over that. Maybe the refs didn't like the beatdown we had against the Sharks last time.

I do wonder if us running up the scoreboard is frowned upon by the refs. Funny that we also went with pp1 to end the game while up 3-1.

Im happy RT does this. He's training the team to have killer instinct and the mentality of never letting up. Id rather that than the classic canucks letting up with a lead. This is so refreshing lol

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I do wonder if us running up the scoreboard is frowned upon by the refs. Funny that we also went with pp1 to end the game while up 3-1.

Im happy RT does this. He's training the team to have killer instinct and the mentality of never letting up. Id rather that than the classic canucks letting up with a lead. This is so refreshing lol

I was surprised about the PP1, but maybe that had to do with Hoffman bitching about the call?

I loved it against the Oilers, cuz they were playing dirty and deserve the extra embarrassment. I think if it was 4-1, he would have gone with the PP2.

Or, maybe he wanted Miller and Petey to keep pace :classic_wink:

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

I was surprised about the PP1, but maybe that had to do with Hoffman bitching about the call?

I loved it against the Oilers, cuz they were playing dirty and deserve the extra embarrassment. I think if it was 4-1, he would have gone with the PP2.

Or, maybe he wanted Miller and Petey to keep pace :classic_wink:

I think there's something to be said about playing for a coach who wants to win and have the team put up alot of points. Id rather play for a guy like that than the guy who's just itching to dress scrubs on the PP if the game script allows. 

Im sure Petey was happy he at least had an opportunity to try keep pace. 

I think RT is a true players coach. While preaching systems, he knows his stars will buy in if they put up points while he knows his bottom 6 will buy in if he highlights effort and solid play. 

The guy is pressing all the right buttons so far

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Tougher game but I did expect this given the very poor outing by the Sharks the last time.   Midway through, I was a bit worried about Blackwood possibly stealing this one - especially after the SJ goal that was eventually disallowed.  - so good on our captain H to eventually take charge and see this through.

Wednesday's match against the  Avs will be on another level though - especially since they lost in the last minute tonight. Up there with Dallas, the Avs have quite a formidable lineup with depth scoring and one of the more mobile Ds in hockey.

Will be a very good test early in the season for the Nucks.  Don't even mind if the Canucks try to slow it down a bit and get a boring a 1-0 victory - as the late Al Davis says

Just Win, Baby!