John Klingberg has been placed on LTIR

Miss Korea

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I just wonder why OEL had such a low effort time here, but he can perform in Florida?

I think he was miscast, we already had a primary OD in Hughes

A lot of it is probably systems too, how Florida plays their team game 

He stepped into a team that was already good, he was brought here by Benning when he was trying to make the team good

We made some pretty solid additions this offseason, but while he was here he was part of a mediocre D core

Could be a synergy thing, if he's had partners that suit his game more in Florida it could make all the difference

It's a weird thing, it's not even like he's been insulated by Ekblad and Montour most of the season as they were injured

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He stepped into a team that was already good, he was brought here by Benning when he was trying to make the team good

We made some pretty solid additions this offseason, but while he was here he was part of a mediocre D core

It's a weird thing, it's not even like he's been insulated by Ekblad and Montour most of the season as they were injured

Seems like he's been paired up with Forsling when he was playing those major minutes.  Now if only Benning could've acquired a player like that.🥸

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Could be a synergy thing, if he's had partners that suit his game more in Florida it could make all the difference

maybe he just knows this is his last chance at something so he's trying? 

• Vintage 1

Here's a link to an article discussing it (you'll have to translate it though - think its in Swedish):

https://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/nhl-stjarnans-mangmiljonsmall/

It's been a few years now so perhaps he's been able to regain that liquor licence (you really need one to have a good chance of a restauranet making money).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

maybe he just knows this is his last chance at something so he's trying? 

Maybe, but realizatically this Florida team may simply be the best team he's played on ever

Aside from a brief good stretch the Coyotes have historically been pretty lousy and we weren't good while he was here 

Could be reinvigorated 

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Here's a link to an article discussing it (you'll have to translate it though - think its in Swedish):

https://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/nhl-stjarnans-mangmiljonsmall/

Loui Eriksson's restaurant chain in central Gothenburg is making multi-million losses.

According to the first annual reports since the NHL star took over the restaurants, the business has gone from profit to 16 million in losses.

The background is the rape scandal that the previous owner was involved in – which caused the municipality to revoke the alcohol licenses for the restaurants.
image.png.a69d0105912545719412af91365e5460.png

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe, but realizatically this Florida team may simply be the best team he's played on ever

Aside from a brief good stretch the Coyotes have historically been pretty lousy and we weren't good while he was here 

Could be reinvigorated 

I find OEL's reinvigoration agitating. 

• Haha 3

This was always going to happen to him after the double hip surgery.  For a normal person, that can be endured with normal movement and recovered from as long as you're not too old and have exisitng conditions, but for an athlete needing to move his hips all the time, especially in forceful motions, he was always going to be in pain, and the wearning signs were there with the recent hamstring injuries.  This guy should not have gotten a contract from anyone after seeing those recurring injuries happen, and whoever conducted the medical for him on behlaf of the Leafs should be sued for malpractice if he said that Klingberg was good to go.  

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I just wonder why OEL had such a low effort time here, but he can perform in Florida?

That's the thing year one he was excellent, year 2 he was hurt. Been saying this since last year and that he would have a bounce back year if healthy. The main reason I was against a buy out so soon into his deal. Thankfully it hasn't blown up in our face yet like the Wild situation. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Theo5789 said:

Robidas Island was getting cold

15 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Newest resident of Robidas Island.

Uhhhh....okay....I'm clueless here.......Is this some kind of 'Island of Misfit Toys' schtick?!?!?!!?? But pertaining to injured players?

1 minute ago, Theo5789 said:

My favorite part of the article is this:

"If it’s not immediately obvious, yes…Robidas Island refers to long-time NHL defenseman and current assistant coach Stéphane Robidas. In 2014, Robidas signed a three-year, $9 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He played 52 games, but his season was cut short by a couple of broken legs."

Most humans only have two legs. Does Robidas have more?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

My favorite part of the article is this:

"If it’s not immediately obvious, yes…Robidas Island refers to long-time NHL defenseman and current assistant coach Stéphane Robidas. In 2014, Robidas signed a three-year, $9 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He played 52 games, but his season was cut short by a couple of broken legs."

Most humans only have two legs. Does Robidas have more?

I can answer that but it might have gotten me a warning on CDC

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1