John Klingberg has been placed on LTIR

Miss Korea

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

My favorite part of the article is this:

"If it’s not immediately obvious, yes…Robidas Island refers to long-time NHL defenseman and current assistant coach Stéphane Robidas. In 2014, Robidas signed a three-year, $9 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He played 52 games, but his season was cut short by a couple of broken legs."

Most humans only have two legs. Does Robidas have more?

Robidas obviously is related to Phil Leotardo:

🥸

• Haha 2

On 11/21/2023 at 12:40 AM, Miss Korea said:

Despite a very successful NHL campaign in Sweden, there is one piece of bad news: John Klingberg seems to have... aggravated his injury on the long trip over there.  Something seems to be very wrong with his health.

For him to somehow get worse on a long flight and nothing else, my guess is that it's arthritis.  His hips are completely messed up and although he looks useful on the powerplay, I guess it's obvious now that he's been fighting through some debilitating pain.  His defence has gone from worst in the league to... even worse.  But if he's really fighting through injury, it's hard to be an asshole about it now.

image.png.2468641175cbee18b96cda73718bf580.png

If this is truly the end for John Klingberg, he will be remembered for one of the NHL's biggest fumbled bags.  He chose not to sign long-term with Dallas two years ago.  He was offered $56 million over 8 years but his agent suggested he turn it down.  Everything has gone downhill since.

In relation to the Canucks, this is going to make the Leafs even more desperate for a right-side defenceman, exactly what we are looking for.

Truly a cautionary tail for these players who are taking short deals over long to hopefully make more on a later deal. Injuries, disease and drop in play can cost you tens of millions.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• Miss Korea changed the title to John Klingberg has been placed on LTIR
On 11/22/2023 at 2:41 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

"If it’s not immediately obvious, yes…Robidas Island refers to long-time NHL defenseman and current assistant coach Stéphane Robidas. In 2014, Robidas signed a three-year, $9 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He played 52 games, but his season was cut short by a couple of broken legs."

Nat Geo Wild Giraffe GIF by Savage Kingdom

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, D-Money said:

I’m not going to cry too hard about a guy who has made over $38M playing hockey. But he could have more than doubled that if he didn’t get greedy. Them’s the breaks.

Like watching re-runs of "Deal or No Deal"... so many greedy mofo's.    That get caught up in it.   Klingberg for sure felt he was worth more (agent wow - whoopsy!")  

• Cheers 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Didn't Joffery Lupul have a cabana on Robidas island as well?

• Haha 1