[Proposal] Ekholm for Beauvillier + Raty

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Bless his heart, but Beauvillier is trash.  Don't even try to talk up his value.  He doesn't kill penalties and he can barely generate any offense of his own.  There is a reason Tocchet has tried promoting any other player but him this season - he sucks.  He has less points than Sam Lafferty and he costs a hell of a lot more.  Everyone knows you're trying to dump him so don't even think you can get any kind of decent return.  More likely you will have to pay to get rid of him.

Shhhh

Ok? 

Just shhhhhh lol

We just need to promote him, showcase him and hope he goes on a streak and then boom. Gonzo. 

I think RT doesn't promote him because our top 6 players are better than him. We are a top 3 team in the league afterall. 

When we used to be terrible, there were bottom 6 guys on other teams that could immediately slot up to our top 6. Beau is in an unfortunate position of being behind 

Boeser, PDG, Kuz, Mik 

He's at least versatile enough to play a regular role in a bottom 6 than being a one dimensional top 6 player. 

Who knows? Maybe a team will like having a depth guy for playoffs that can go up or down in a lineup and still contribute. 

Lastly who knows how long Holland will last.. I would say he's gone by summer at the latest or even sooner if oils don't pick up their play and they'd rather have a GM in earlier to assess the team ( a la JR and PA) so they can start a Ning for the draft and be ready to  make more informed moves in the summer 

7 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Yes in an ideal world, oilers would need to start trading guys like hyman, nuge, Ryan for better defence. But those guys have zero value. So it would cost to get rid of them to even create cap space. 

But then, how are you gonna acquire D with zero assets? Any asset you might have had, you traded it to dump the guys I just mentioned. 

There's no one in the farm.

Honestly. These guys are screwed. The fact they wasted 4m on Connor Brown is a joke. This happens when Mcdavid runs the show not the GM. 

Their best and only trade chips are Mcdrai and ekholm.. 

Everyone else is negative value. 

As much as it hurts them and they will be the laughing stock for squandering the mcdrai years, they need to trade the 3 mentioned and start over by tanking and drafting (again for the 20th year) 

What a nightmare.... 

Tbh I agree but I disagree with RNH not having value. He's signed to an amazing contract and is a solid 2C, he has a ton of value. But yes, that team is screwed. If I were them, probably go all in and trade your draft picks while you have McDrai or get rid of both of them and build a team the right way.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KingRaj91 said:

Tbh I agree but I disagree with RNH not having value. He's signed to an amazing contract and is a solid 2C, he has a ton of value. But yes, that team is screwed. If I were them, probably go all in and trade your draft picks while you have McDrai or get rid of both of them and build a team the right way.

I think Nuge is decent value but would I want him as 2c on this team? 

Like how many teams have a better 2c than nuge? My guess would be lots? 

Oils might not have to pay to get rid of him but I wonder what his value is on the trade block. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/21/2023 at 12:42 PM, CanucksJay said:

I don't think so.... 

Fans are calling and pressuring to blow it up including mcdrai. 

I have no idea how money puck has them at 45 percent to make playoffs. They are 4 pts up on the sharks... 

Fans aren't stupid. They see the writing on the wall. 

It would be highly irresponsible to take that team that's already highly leveraged and then double down to make playoffs. 

If they don't start moving ppl now, next year, they'll trade Drais and then the following year Mcdavid. 

There is no quick fix for this team. 

They are missing WAY too many pieces to fix this in 1 year. 

I honestly don't even know how you would fix this team

Kane, hyman, Nuge, Ryan, Gagner Ekholm are all 30+

What a disaster. 

Doubt they blow it up.   But if they did, they will be getting a very good package for Ekholm.   He's not just a rental, they could easily get a better deal then a cap dump and a B+ prospect.    Retain down to 3 million, a first, and a third and a Raty is more like it.   Plus we'd have to pay to dump Beaus cap.  

Going to guess Ekholm 50% retained is worth a lot to a team trying to win right now though.   It's EDM so won't be us they trade with.   If they did, it would instantly be the biggest deal we've done with them. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

On 11/21/2023 at 10:42 PM, KingRaj91 said:

They still have next season.   And there is time to make it work this year too.    A coaching change is the first step.   Their goaltending is for sure a weakness.   That's where they need to focus their efforts.    Won't cost as much.    If they had top ten goaltending, it would help a lot. 

Edited by IBatch

On 11/21/2023 at 11:07 PM, CanucksJay said:

I think Nuge is decent value but would I want him as 2c on this team? 

Like how many teams have a better 2c than nuge? My guess would be lots? 

Oils might not have to pay to get rid of him but I wonder what his value is on the trade block. 

They've got 3 so can afford to play him either on the wing, 3c or 2c.    Currently he's the 67th highest paid C in the league, at 5.125.   Cheap, and by the times he's 33/34, likely drops into the 90th or highest value 3C guys.  

One of the best UFA deals in the NHL.   If we wants to be traded, there would be a big line of suitors.    Also can play as your first line center on a rebuilding team, or of course on the wing or as a center depth option.     You know what you're getting with him, solid two-way player.     Brayden Schenn would be a decent comp, minus the toughness.  

Look at it this way.   For a bit more whom would you rather have?   Mikheyev, Garland or RNH?    He signed around the same time Garland did too, and was 27/28 at the time.    

As far as how many teams, would guess maybe 1/3.   But of those 1/3, many are paying a big premium for that extra.   Mathews and Tavares of course being the heftiest price.   Like Crosby and Malkin used to be cap wise.    Kyrou and Thomas in St. louis kind of the norm.   Two guys at a little over 8.      Adding RNH as a winger would be good value.   

Edited by IBatch