Injuries piling up for Montreal AGAIN

qwijjibo

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Montreal has zero use for Beauvillier.  I don't see why they'd move a kid they just picked in the 3rd round and waste the cap space when they can make better use of that space 

Habs are a loser club with no future. Who friggin’ cares what they need or want? They clearly need a lot and have a want for everything. 
Sllvin wouldn’t trade Beau to that loser club for Slafkoski. He’s too smart for that, and sees a bust.,

• Vintage 1

Habs are totally screwed. 👍

They have no elite talent. They have only one good player (Suzuki).

They can’t draft. Evidence is the bustaroos these past two stars. 
Loser club. 
Best city in the world though. But a LOSER club. 
And that makes Alf happy. Love the city but hate the LOSER club. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwijjibo said:

I'm curious, what did you think of Burrows?  He wasn't exactly the cleanest player.  I'm pretty sure I can find far more examples of Burrows stepping over the line than Matheson 

Verbally talking shit pulling hair and finger biting is foreplay compared to choke slamming.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Verbally talking shit pulling hair and finger biting is foreplay compared to choke slamming.

Burrows had a history of dirty acts.  Matheson didn't and has, by in large, been a clean player throughout his 9 year career.   He definitely stepped over the line with Pettersson. He took his suspension and personally apologized to him.  I don't really think the two compare, yet people here love Burrows 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Burrows had a history of dirty acts.  Matheson didn't and has, by in large, been a clean player throughout his 9 year career.   He definitely stepped over the line with Pettersson. He took his suspension and personally apologized to him.  I don't really think the two compare, yet people here love Burrows 

Thats the job of a pest. Of course he crossed the line. if other fanbases like yourself see fit to dislike him that's your prerogative. 

Matheson wasn't doing his job I guess that's the difference. So fuck that guy. 

For the record I wasn't a Torres fan. Fuck that guy.

Give me Burr, Ruutu, Max Lap, Roussel (on Dallas 😞) those guys could change the outcome of a game. Without potentially ending careers. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Thats the job of a pest. Of course he crossed the line. if other fanbases like yourself see fit to dislike him that's your prerogative. 

Matheson wasn't doing his job I guess that's the difference. So fuck that guy. 

For the record I wasn't a Torres fan. Fuck that guy.

Biting and saying "I'm gonna hurt you like your daddy did" to an abuse survivor is doing your job? 

57 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Burrows had multiple suspensions and fines in his career. Not to mention biting and saying despicable things to another player who had suffered child abuse at the hands of his father.  Matheson has had 1 suspension for the Pettersson hit and one fine for a hit on Eric Stahl.  Of the two Burrows is a much bigger douchebag. Matheson made a bad play against Pettersson.  He also reached out to Pettersson afterwards to apologize and check on him.  You're entitled to your opinion but for the most part you're basing it on one event that happened 5 years ago.  Wishing harm on him seems childish 

No throwing someone on their head on the ice is significantly worse than anything Burrows did. Keep defending your gutless douchebag though. The coward wouldn’t have your back though he’s too big of a pussy. 

• ThereItIs 3

10 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Biting and saying "I'm gonna hurt you like your daddy did" to an abuse survivor is doing your job? 

I'm fine with it. I don't know that that was substantiated and if it was meh he said it to a grown ass man. Get therapy. If you shoved your fingers in my mouth I'd bite em too. It's meh I hit my thumb with a hammer the other day. 

I can still have a thumb war with my kiddo.

Edited by Hammertime

Looking at their lineup, it's tough to tell how to even improve their roster.  Besides a couple all-round guys (Suzuki, Matheson, Guhle, some of their RHD) the rest of the guys are either small skilled guys (Newhook, Caufield), bigger guys who don't contribute much (Anderson, Pearson), average gritty/ depth guys (Gallagher, Dvorak) and decent goalies.  I doubt they would trade their young RD and we aren't really in a place to trade them a center (unless they want Suter and we bump Lafferty to 3rd C), so good luck to them (not sure how good their farm system is).

29 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yes verbally crossing the line is bad, deliberately slamming someone head first on the ice is significantly worse. Mindboggling this has to be explained to you…

What I'm saying is he did 1 very crappy thing once 5 years ago  and apologized for it. Burrows consistently acted like an ass 

12 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

You're right. Matheson messed up once. Badly. Burrows did it repeatedly to a lesser extent 

Slamming someone head first on ice is significantly worse than everything Burrows has done on the ice. Period. 

And he was too much of a pussy to back it up, another thing I can’t say the same for Burrows he owned and took his lumps when needed. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Slamming someone head first on ice is significantly worse than everything Burrows has done on the ice. Period. 

And he was too much of a pussy to back it up, another thing I can’t say the same for Burrows he owned and took his lumps when needed. 

I agree. It's worse.  And he did it once, beyond that hes plsyed a mostly ckean game. .  Burrows did a number of dirty things throughout his career.  

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

None at risk for brain damage. 

First off. I'm not condoning what he did.  There's no place in the game for it. Which is why there was a suspension.  Secondly, you're overselling what he did do. Yes. He slammed Pettersson down to the ice. But not head first as you're saying.  His shoulder hit first.  Does that make it ok? Absolutely not.  But let's not act like it was akin to attempted murder.  

I've agreed numerous times that it was a dirty hit. He agreed it was a bad hit and he apologized to Pettersson.  But other than that and a late hit on Stahl he's had a clean record over 9 years.   You're painting him like he's out headhunting game in and game out.  You want to hold it against him forever and wish him harm. That's your prerogative.  

I'm done arguing with you on this.