[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche Nov 22 2023 7:00 PM PST

Satchmo

The whole team will have to play their best to win tonight, totally doable.  As a Canucks homer, I see the top players Van vs. Col like this : 

Miller  =  Mackinnon
Petey = Rantanen
Hughes >  Makar
Hronek > Toews
Micheyev  < Nichushkin 
Boeser >  Drouin
Kuzmenko >  Tatar
Di Guiseppe <  Johansen  
Demko >  Georgiev

• Cheers 3

Just like last Wednesday, a reminder that this is not a national game in Canada, it is on Centre Ice and is a regional game on Sportsnet Pacific. Sportsnet made the wrong decision to not promote the game to national status for Wednesday Night Hockey, their #2 signature night! 🤬 The same thing also happened to Monday's game. 😠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

These teams have played some amazing games last few years. 
I think the 7-5 game where EP had 5 pts was one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen. 

I was at that game as well. It was the Petey - Boeser show. I think McKinnon also had 5 points. 

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

The whole team will have to play their best to win tonight, totally doable.  As a Canucks homer, I see the top players Van vs. Col like this : 

Miller  =  Mackinnon
Petey = Rantanen
Hughes >  Makar
Hronek > Toews
Micheyev  < Nichushkin 
Boeser >  Drouin
Kuzmenko >  Tatar
Di Guiseppe <  Johansen  
Demko >  Georgiev

I like this comparison.

I think Rantanen is very underrated, maybe because he plays on the wing. Point-wise and defensively Petey might have the edge, but I think Rantanen carries the offense more consistently. He gets a bit overshadowed by MacKinnon imo. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Georgiev has a poor SAV, we need to get lots of pucks on net and the goals will go in

We have Demko. 

End of

Yup. 

Better Goalie. (no contest).

Equal Defense (and equal offensive defense).

Better Forwards: 

Better Top 6: Top 3:  Miller = McKinnon,  Pettersson > Rantanen,  Boeser > Nichushkin. (All based on my eye test.)

Better Top 6: Bottom 3:  Kuzmenko 14p > Drouin 3p,  Mikheyev 10p > Johansen 7p,  Di Giuseppe 8p = Tatar 7p. (Points test)

Better Top 6: Bottom 3 (cont'd):  Difficult to judge, maybe edge to Colorado, maybe not, as Vancouver 32p > Colorado 17p, and that is almost double.

We're gonna bring the climate change to those Sweaty Yetis!

nervous-animated-blue-monster-airplane-p

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1