[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche Nov 22 2023 7:00 PM PST

Satchmo

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

These miserable fucks who wait for losses then start with the  "I told ya so" and "this is who they really are" are just so boring. Is that too Ike Turner for y'all?

In words of my esteemed philosopher friend Todd Bertuzzi .... FLACK 'EM, THEY AREN'T FANS

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

These miserable fucks who wait for losses then start with the  "I told ya so" and "this is who they really are" are just so boring. Is that too Ike Turner for y'all?

It’s not I told you so but I think we all have to realize the cracks are starting to show, especially on d. Losing 3/4 against not so great teams and winning against only San Jose says more about our team. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, dannydog said:

What’s up with Petey? Is he hurt? Are these contract talks wearing on him? His body language reminds me of my grandkid after he drops one of his Mcchicken nugget on the floor. 

I don’t think it’s injury.

He’s falling down all over the ice. He needs to either change skates or work on his lower bod strength.

He wants to make 12 mil he’s gotta show up in these kind of games. Very disappointing effort from him lately.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think it's pretty fair to say, now, they aren't a true top team.  In a way, I think it's better than they're coming back to earth as it allows them to be patient, rather than make a knee jerk move to "go for it" this seaosn

We'll see Stawns. Long season. Open to being wrong. We'll revisit this.

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Take care Deb.

Oh, just checked back to address those who are admiring the powerhouse Av's.

Who, in their last 10 games were 5-5-0. Two of those losses being 7-0 and 8-2.

I'm not convinced. I like my team better.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

We'll see Stawns. Long season. Open to being wrong. We'll revisit this.

every person on this board would have been thrilled with being a wild card team at the start of the season and that's exactly where every single person thought they'd be.  

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Canucks basically giving up at the end. lol. Ya that’s a good look.

Yes, they were definately out of gas and lacked effort in the last period.    Not sure whats going on with them but there's a trend develping here!

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s not I told you so but I think we all have to realize the cracks are starting to show, especially on d. Losing 3/4 against not so great teams and winning against only San Jose says more about our team. 

It's a long season. They're going to stumble here and there. Funny part is guys like you are so fuckin quiet when they're doing well. The constant negativity will wear on your man. It will fuck your health.

Just now, stawns said:

every person on this board would have been thrilled with being a wild card team at the start of the season and that's exactly where every single person thought they'd be.  

We'll see Stawns. Long season. We'll see who has the last laugh. Enjoy your wet blanket win.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No kidding.  A lot of these guys were nowhere to be seen a few weeks ago.

Yes they were.

Is it so hard to believe that people can be fans of the team, but also be able to constructively criticize when there's some issues showing up?

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So does Canucks GM make a trade for a defensemen now? This was the one thing I feAred. They looked like they could withstand the Soucy injury again. But now Friedman (who's done surprisingly well) and possibly Myers, half of our top 6 D might be out next game. Time to pull the trigger Move Beau and a pick and or prosect. No more waiting it's time. A guy like Friedman should be a 7th depth guy anyways. For these exact reasons. Don't want to ruin a great start to the season by not fixing the one last problem, we need one more top 4 D. RHD. I think everyone on the planet knew that going in. Get Tanev or Peeke or go big for Pesce (I personally don't know why they move Pesce) big name with term for our 1st plus, or Beau plus for Tanev/Peeke. Or something else off the board but do something this could get bad quickly!

not yet, ride it out imo.  If they can maintain a decent point pace over the next week or two, they shoud be ok.

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Oh, just checked back to address those who are admiring the powerhouse Av's.

Who, in their last 10 games were 5-5-0. Two of those losses being 7-0 and 8-2.

I'm not convinced. I like my team better.

Well we have lost 3/4 against Calgary, Seattle, and Colorado. Only win against San Jose. Nothing really to brag About.