[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche Nov 22 2023 7:00 PM PST

Satchmo

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

We'll see Stawns. Long season. We'll see who has the last laugh. Enjoy your wet blanket win.

why do you think that's a "win"?  I don't want to see my team lose any game.  There sure a lot of insecure fans on this board.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

The same Seattle that’s firing on all cylinders and dominated last game? Gonna have to start burying chances and stop making defensive gaffes.

I'm not worried. The team hasn't even had a year together yet with the new system. 

Colorado plays their systems on autopilot at this point.

We are building something special here, give it a full season.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

every person on this board would have been thrilled with being a wild card team at the start of the season and that's exactly where every single person thought they'd be.  

Beg to differ. I had this team finishing in the mid 20's. I ask that you refrain from speaking for me, as you have.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

These miserable fucks who wait for losses then start with the  "I told ya so" and "this is who they really are" are just so boring. Is that too Ike Turner for y'all?

You actually seem more miserable than the fans who can watch a game and point out areas that need improvement. 

It's OK. You'll be ok

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Yes they were.

Is it so hard to believe that people can be fans of the team, but also be able to constructively criticize when there's some issues showing up?

Not hard to check.  Just go and find a few PGT threads from a few weeks ago and scan the posts.  I just did and I'm telling you that a few of these posters in this thread are nowhere to be seen.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So when the Avs lost 7-0 and 8-2 that’s who they really were right?

Cant play it both ways.😂

now that the first 20 games is passed and teams start to settle on their identity, which of these two teams is trending up and which is trending down?

I don't understand why you and others are so insecure.........did you really expect this was going to be a top team or did you think they'd be in the wild card hunt?

Just now, JayDangles said:

You actually seem more miserable than the fans who can watch a game and point out areas that need improvement. 

It's OK. You'll be ok

If you were observant at all I really only 'attack' the most negative people. I'm not miserable, just predictable. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Not good enough in the third

Learn from this. 

Was tied with Seattle 2-2 after two last game and lost that too.  

Move on.  Win the next game. 

Great take. Exactly this. We're being tested and that's a good thing. And a good thing it's happening this half of the season. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Not hard to check.  Just go and find a few PGT threads from a few weeks ago and scan the posts.  I just did and I'm telling you that a few of these posters in this thread are nowhere to be seen.

I know myself and a few others called this downslide back to reality.  It was crystalclear after the Dallas game, which was their peak.  They're still a good team,probably still a playoff team, but they have come back down to reality now and are going to have to fight to mantaina  playoff spot for the rest of the season........like most teams do

Just now, stawns said:

now that the first 20 games is passed and teams start to settle on their identity, which of these two teams is trending up and which is trending down?

I don't understand why you and others are so insecure.........did you really expect this was going to be a top team or did you think they'd be in the wild card hunt?

Teams have ups and downs all season the Avs are no different.

Saying we’re trending down is ridiculous.

We’re currently in a slump yet still second in the West. This desperate attempt to say “see this is who they really are” after every loss is just annoying.

If they go on a 5 game winning streak next I doubt we’ll hear much from you until the next loss. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I'll admit I post less when the team is winning and looking good. 

Something about venting frustration. 

I think there are 2 types of real fans that show up when things are bad.

One type that complains and points out errors, issues etc.

And one type that makes excuses for the team.

Neither are wrong, and neither are better fans than the other.

Petey looked great first few games. Could  it be that shot he took from Myers early on hurt him? ? I know he’s racked up points but he looks off. It doesn’t help that he’s paired with lesser d men and his wingers can’t win a board battle.

That said The team has taken a big step forward this year. They went toe to toe with these guys and even controlled the play for stretches. Just a few holes to fill and they will continue this uptrend.