[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche Nov 22 2023 7:00 PM PST

Satchmo

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

now that the first 20 games is passed and teams start to settle on their identity, which of these two teams is trending up and which is trending down?

I don't understand why you and others are so insecure.........did you really expect this was going to be a top team or did you think they'd be in the wild card hunt?

I dont think this is about hockey.Much deeper.Dont try this on me.not working

Pre-game Tocc said this game is a test and part of the process. The team is not being clouded by all the winning right now and they know it. 

So much panic when our team clearly has taken a step forward this year. Imagine being an oilers fan now....

Edited by Wing
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I'll admit I post less when the team is winning and looking good. 

Something about venting frustration. 

I think there are 2 types of real fans that show up when things are bad.

One type that complains and points out errors, issues etc.

And one type that makes excuses for the team.

Neither are wrong, and neither are better fans than the other.

Fair enough.  We all are entitled to vent.

Personally I still believe we're just missing a healthy Petey right now from getting back to our winning ways.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Teams have ups and downs all season the Avs are no different.

Saying we’re trending down is ridiculous.

We’re currently in a slump yet still second in the West. This desperate attempt to say “see this is who they really are” after every loss is just annoying.

If they go on a 5 game winning streak next I doubt we’ll hear much from you until the next loss. 

so hit ignore, you're a grownup.  In my opinion, you just don't like that myself and others, have been right.  

What is it that offends you so much?  It's been pretty clear for the last 8-9 games that the hot start was not the reality........is that a bad thing to say?  I still think they're a playoff team.  They had a solid game tonight, they just don't have the orses or experience yet..........it takes a long tme for twams to learn to win consistently.  A loss like tonight is valuable to their growth

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think it's pretty fair to say, now, they aren't a true top team.  In a way, I think it's better than they're coming back to earth as it allows them to be patient, rather than make a knee jerk move to "go for it" this seaosn

What does 'top team' mean? They're definitely top 3 in the Pacific. Colorado & Vegas are the class of the West as evidenced by being the last 2 Stanley Cup champions, we aren't there, but we are in that next group.

Tonight's game easily could've been a bit different, look at the chances Joshua had, the 3-2 goal, exc. Colorado showed their pedigree & was better in the guts of the ice, but we are still learning. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

If you were observant at all I really only 'attack' the most negative people. I'm not miserable, just predictable. 

Honestly this team has looked sub par for a while, and when we watch another game where the forecheck is lacking, where the PP is completely stagnant, where the Petey line is a no show... it starts to compound. I'm definitely concerned with the trajectory lately. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What does 'top team' mean? They're definitely top 3 in the Pacific. Colorado & Vegas are the class of the West as evidenced by being the last 2 Stanley Cup champions, we aren't there, but we are in that next group.

Tonight's game easily could've been a bit different, look at the chances Joshua had, the 3-2 goal, exc. Colorado showed their pedigree & was better in the guts of the ice, but we are still learning. 

I don't think they ever looked like they were going to win tonight.  Had they got some bounces, maybe, but Colorado looked in controlfor most of the night.  Vancouver skated with them, looked good, but Colorado is clearly a tier above them........and I doubt anyone would have denied that at the start of the year.  

Top team, as in a true contending team.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

so hit ignore, you're a grownup.  In my opinion, you just don't like that myself and others, have been right.  

What is it that offends you so much?  It's been pretty clear for the last 8-9 games that the hot start was not the reality........is that a bad thing to say?  I still think they're a playoff team.  They had a solid game tonight, they just don't have the orses or experience yet..........it takes a long tme for twams to learn to win consistently.  A loss like tonight is valuable to their growth

And clearly you’re the master of reality…😂

Saying this is all an illusion is pretty blind. The way they have had success is not a fluke.

You can’t say the team that shut out the Stars and went toe to toe with the Rangers was not the real team.

This team has shown they can play a winning style. Tonight they just got edged by a better team. But to say that proves they’re only a wild card team is based on nothing. You’re just crystal balling it nothing more.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Wing said:

Pre-game Tocc said this game is a test and part of the process. The team is not being clouded by all the winning right now and they know it. 

So much panic when our team clearly has taken a step forward this year. Imagine being an oilers fan now....

Good thing is the team is not panicking.  

They have been preaching even keel since game 1.  

They are thin on D since Soucy went down.  It is what it is.  The team needs more horses to be a contender.  That's not where they are now.  

Just need to ride out this stretch and minimize their losses.  Get as many pt in the bank.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Teams have ups and downs all season the Avs are no different.

Saying we’re trending down is ridiculous.

We’re currently in a slump yet still second in the West. This desperate attempt to say “see this is who they really are” after every loss is just annoying.

If they go on a 5 game winning streak next I doubt we’ll hear much from you until the next loss. 

Exactly this. Couldn't have said it better. People just waiting to pounce to be right. This is a different team. We all know it.

They do have to beat top teams and this is on them. Like I said ... it's good this is happening in this earlier part of the season.

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

And clearly you’re the master of reality…😂

Saying this is all an illusion is pretty blind. The way they have had success is not a fluke.

You can’t say the team that shut out the Stars and went toe to toe with the Rangers was not the real team.

This team has shown they can play a winning style. Tonight they just got edged by a better team. But to say that proves they’re only a wild card team is based on nothing. You’re just crystal balling it nothing more.

When did I say it was an illsion.  I said they are still a playoff team.  You're smarter than that Deniro, you're just be willfully obtuse

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Fair enough.  We all are entitled to vent.

Personally I still believe we're just missing a healthy Petey right now from getting back to our winning ways.

I think that's part of it.. but there's more than just a healthy Petey missing on the ice.

After having such a hot start, we are trending towards battling for a wildcard spot by January.

It would be different if the team was clearly the better team and just not getting the bounces, but seriously... canucks have not been the better team on the ice since the Dallas game.  Thats 9? Games ago.

That's a lot of games 

1 minute ago, NHL Tyranny said:

I guess Makar won the elite D battle. Something for Captain H to think about...

QH still leads in NHL scoring.  Makar is good. JT turnover was bad.  Demko didn't make a big save there.

Move on.  

Just now, Jaimito said:

Good thing is the team is not panicking.  

They have been preaching even keel since game 1.  

They are thin on D since Soucy went down.  It is what it is.  The team needs more horses to be a contender.  That's not where they are now.  

Just need to ride out this stretch and minimize their losses.  Get as many pt in the bank.  

exactly right.  They need to have the urgency against the teams below them that they showed tonight

1 minute ago, stawns said:

When did I say it was an illsion.  I said they are still a playoff team.  You're smarter than that Deniro, you're just be willfully obtuse

You said the hot start was not the reality. The opposite of reality would be an illusion no?

Again they didn’t fluke their way to this start. They did it through hard work and great goaltending.  Don’t see why that formula would change.

Are we a team that can take it to the Avs at home yet? No. But that doesn’t mean this team doesn’t have the pieces to win a lot of games and be jockeying with the likes of LA and Vegas.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think they ever looked like they were going to win tonight.  Had they got some bounces, maybe, but Colorado looked in controlfor most of the night.  Vancouver skated with them, looked good, but Colorado is clearly a tier above them........and I doubt anyone would have denied that at the start of the year.  

Top team, as in a true contending team.

I think there was certain points in the game where if a puck goes the other way it could've been a different game, but at keys points I agree Colorado showed their pedigree.

When they had the puck they were throwing pucks on net & getting more dangerous chances than us (see the 3-2 goal). When we had the puck we seemed to be looking for the perfect play & Colorado played well taking away the middle.

Of course roster-wise we are still clearly lacking pieces on the backend whereas Colorado is better there. But alot of this stuff is details we are learning that they've already learned, and you only learn it through experience.

Keep in mind, for Colorado this was probably one of their best games this year, & we were right there the whole way. 

edit; same with the game against Seattle, we are getting teams best games now b/c we are a legit good team, and that's a credit to us but also of course another learning experience from where we've been. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian