Danila Klimovich | RW

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

He absolutely is. They are a great young family and they absolutely love it here.

Love to see Klimovich be a Canuck. If he’s not though, that’s fine too. After his hockey career is over it would be wonderful if he (snd his family) stay as part of our community. Sure hope he keeps his home here, regardless of how his hockey career turns. 

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love to see Klimovich be a Canuck. If he’s not though, that’s fine too. After his hockey career is over it would be wonderful if he (snd his family) stay as part of our community. Sure hope he keeps his home here, regardless of how his hockey career turns. 

That’s the hope from their perspective.

Yea. When ya' see a story like his, ya' wanna pull for him. I mean, it'd be cool if even a third of our prospects we drafted, or got as undrafted free agents, get to the big show. Whether it be with us, (Preferably!) or another NHL team; all the hard work pays off if they end up a roster player on an NHL team.

I am routing for this kid. Woo, McWard, McDonough, Bains, Karlsson as well, And Ratu, Bloom, .....................others I don't remember!

Cheers.

Edited by Sativika
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Definitely not, at least not last time I spoke to him.

okay thats good, from what I know of him that seems out of character. He seems to like it in Canada, still young no need to give up on him yet its not a straight path even at the AHL level its high end hockey

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Klimovich is back. 2 goals in 2 games. 

I have high hopes for him. Hopefully he stays injury free the rest of the season. I predict next season will be his breakout year once Podkolzin is gone from Abby. 

Looks like he could already be stealing some of Podkolzin's thunder.  Might be making it easier for the Canucks to agree to part with Podz to stack up for the post-season too.

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Looks like he could already be stealing some of Podkolzin's thunder.  Might be making it easier for the Canucks to agree to part with Podz to stack up for the post-season too.

Can I assume Podz be preferred as a trade over Klimo because of his 10th overall draft status over Klimo's 41st in the 2nd? Perhaps I answer my own query.

I guess a 1st round 10th overall sounds more sensational than a 2nd rounder. But I guess it's a toss up. I mean look how 2nd rounder Hogz has turned out.  Podz in the same draft year, not so. But the attraction of offering up a 1st rounder. I get it.

Staying with Klimo and Pod comparos;

- Klimo has no NHL experience, where as

- Podz has NHL experience. On the other hand

- Podz be assigned to the farm to work on his NHL pitfalls, where as

- Klimo being molded to get to the big club. Also of note

- Podz be a lefty where as

- Klimo is a more valuable righty

It'd be cool to keep both of these players. Their respective potential kind of mirror each other it seems.  

One way or the other, our future looks bright regarding our forward position prospect pool. Sadly, Podz is one the names being bandied about for a trade upcoming.

What are ya' gonna do, PA. Let's get to it already, man!

Go Canucks Go!!!! Let's beat those Blues with our metallic blues! 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

What has happened o Danila Klimovich? Has he been shut down for the season or sent to the ECHL?

He's had an injury plagued season, he has not been sent down to the ECHL. AHL injury news is hard to come by, so I'm not sure if he's still recovering or a healthy scratch at the moment, but he has definitely struggled with injuries this year.

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

He's had an injury plagued season, he has not been sent down to the ECHL. AHL injury news is hard to come by, so I'm not sure if he's still recovering or a healthy scratch at the moment, but he has definitely struggled with injuries this year.

should have drafted stankoven ...

56 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

should have drafted stankoven ...

I mean everybody always says it’s hard to build center depth then in the draft you reach for a winger like Klimovich when you have BPA which is also premium position players available like Stankoven or Pinelli or even Raty were all fairly well mocked as 1rst round centers in 2021. Sometimes scouting is just wild with their takes.

22 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I mean everybody always says it’s hard to build center depth then in the draft you reach for a winger like Klimovich when you have BPA which is also premium position players available like Stankoven or Pinelli or even Raty were all fairly well mocked as 1rst round centers in 2021. Sometimes scouting is just wild with their takes.

Yeah, in the draft, it should be always BPA... but if you have a couple guys that are relatively close in potential, always go for either the centre or the defenceman.  ESPECIALLY if it's a RHD or RHC.  Can't really blame the Canucks with Klimovich though, it was a very solid pick.  The only other guy that made sense would have been Raty.  Stankoven was and still is a tiny player, and Pinelli wasn't that special at the time of the draft.  I would have liked Heimosalmi too.

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, in the draft, it should be always BPA... but if you have a couple guys that are relatively close in potential, always go for either the centre or the defenceman.  ESPECIALLY if it's a RHD or RHC.  Can't really blame the Canucks with Klimovich though, it was a very solid pick.  The only other guy that made sense would have been Raty.  Stankoven was and still is a tiny player, and Pinelli wasn't that special at the time of the draft.  I would have liked Heimosalmi too.

Yeah, if Klim doesn't work out, Raty is a solid replacement.  It's so easy to look at these pics AFTER the

draft.  Moser or Knies sure would look great in a Canuck uni.🙃

Most of the players in the 2nd round are still in Jrs, so I'd say Klim is ahead of them.  I'm sure he will

return to form next season.