Danila Klimovich | RW

On 5/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, Alflives said:

He’s a big body and has elite puck skills. Can’t teach either of those. 

I’m pretty sure he will be given a much bigger role and rope next season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I’m pretty sure he will be given a much bigger role and rope next season.

JR said we need to improve on wing. Klimovich has a big opportunity to progress into one of those guys. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

JR said we need to improve on wing. Klimovich has a big opportunity to progress into one of those guys. 

Not sure that is a realistic expectation.  Ship may have sailed on him. 

3 hours ago, RomanPer said:

What are you basing this opinion on? Asking for a friend.

A juolevi like lack of improvement and stagnation and injuries.

He could just jump back to where he could be like Lekkerimaki did......I just don't see it though.  My opinion is this one is a bust.  

Hope I am wrong, but they don't all turn out.  

On 5/20/2024 at 1:03 PM, kettlevalley said:

Not sure that is a realistic expectation.  Ship may have sailed on him. 

I think you're right that it's not realistic for the coming season. But I'm not going to say the ship has sailed on him. I'm just hoping for a healthy season in the AHL where we his his skills translate into some offensive production. I'll worry about him helping the big club another year down the line.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 1:54 AM, CaptainCanuck12 said:

OMG!  Sooo glad we didn't take Pinelli or Fedotov!  Benning was genius!!😉

To be fair that's a couple of really strong drafting teams in Arizona and Carolina that passed over Stankoven too.

The history of this franchise and the league are littered with guys FAR more skilled or hungry than Klimovich who just never panned out.

Expectations for him should be at a very low point and for good reason.

On 5/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, Alflives said:

He’s a big body and has elite puck skills. Can’t teach either of those. 

Define elite please.  

12 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Oh, how many people in this thread will be eating crow 🙂 

I love me some crow, but he hasn’t shown anything that says he is going to be a big league player. 

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

Define elite please.  

I love me some crow, but he hasn’t shown anything that says he is going to be a big league player. 

Klim O has elite hands. It’s those hands (puck skills) that attracted Benning so much he drafted him. Package elite puck skills with size and there’s a very high ceiling. Didn’t grow up playing high level hockey though so patience is needed. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Klim O has elite hands. It’s those hands (puck skills) that attracted Benning so much he drafted him. Package elite puck skills with size and there’s a very high ceiling. Didn’t grow up playing high level hockey though so patience is needed. 

You didn’t answer the question 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why do you think Benning used our top pick in that draft on Klim O if not for the combination of elite puck skills and size? 

Because Benning was a fucking idiot. 

We both know you won’t answer the question because everyone knows there isn’t a single ‘elite’ thing about Klim.  
If he was elite, we’d all be hearing about it.   
He isn’t even in our top 5 of prospects. 
That isn’t elite 

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

Because Benning was a fucking idiot. 

We both know you won’t answer the question because everyone knows there isn’t a single ‘elite’ thing about Klim.  
If he was elite, we’d all be hearing about it.   
He isn’t even in our top 5 of prospects. 
That isn’t elite 

Yes Benning is a moran. But Klim O does have elite puck skills. Both can be true. 

58 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The history of this franchise and the league are littered with guys FAR more skilled or hungry than Klimovich who just never panned out.

Expectations for him should be at a very low point and for good reason.

Klim's first two seasons in Abby were quite striking for such a young player.  He was derailed last season

with injuries and just couldn't get his game off the ground.

It is the norm in all drafts that 2nd rounders take longer to make the NHL; if ever.  Have a look

at the 2021 draft and you will see that most 2nd rounders have not played a single game and

some have just completed Jrs.  A quick look, shows that Klim has done fairly well compared

to other 2nd rounders playing in the AHL

After looking at this draft, it shows us of Raty's remarkable upward trend. He is the same age

as Klim and will likely make the NHL next season. The big difference is that Raty developed

through great hockey systems since he was a teenager; whereas Klim has the raw skills, but

requires more development.  Raty clearly should have been picked late in the 1st.

I think there's a decent chance Klim will get there, but it will take some time.  Canucks should not

give up on him.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Define elite please.  

Somehow I trust Sedins' and Allvin's opinion about Klim a little more than yours, sorry, bud 🙂. And all of the above believe in his skills and development. The way he was used (or shall I say - not used) in the Abby this past season after his injury was one of the reason for Colliton not being back.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Elite hands and puck skills?

51 points in 153 AHL games does not scream elite at any level.

vs

Stankovens 57 points in 47 AHL games which does in fact scream elite.

Temper those expectations because the amount of turn around needed to see Danila as even a bottom 6 role player at this point in the NHL let alone a productive top line player in the AHL is going to be beyond dramatic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Klim's first two seasons in Abby were quite striking for such a young player.  He was derailed last season

with injuries and just couldn't get his game off the ground.

It is the norm in all drafts that 2nd rounders take longer to make the NHL; if ever.  Have a look

at the 2021 draft and you will see that most 2nd rounders have not played a single game and

some have just completed Jrs.  A quick look, shows that Klim has done fairly well compared

to other 2nd rounders playing in the AHL

After looking at this draft, it shows us of Raty's remarkable upward trend. He is the same age

as Klim and will likely make the NHL next season. The big difference is that Raty developed

through great hockey systems since he was a teenager; whereas Klim has the raw skills, but

requires more development.  Raty clearly should have been picked late in the 1st.

I think there's a decent chance Klim will get there, but it will take some time.  Canucks should not

give up on him.

There's a chance he'll get there yes.

But every indication is that it is an outside shot at this point.

That's not hate.  That's just the facts.  

I go to bat and have gone to bat for every prospect we've had for decades but some times the reality sets in and the hopes of an NHL calibre player from a D3-D4 prospect are further away every month that goes by.  He's had Cull, Cotillon and will now have Malhotra as a coach.  So at some point the reality starts looking more and more like a longer shot than you'd hope for and more like a missed pick; of which we've had literally hundreds if not bordering on the thousands over the decades.

59 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Somehow I trust Sedins' and Allvin's opinion about Klim a little more than yours, sorry, bud 🙂. And all of the above believe in his skills and development. The way he was used (or shall I say - not used) in the Abby this past season after his injury was one of the reason for Colliton not being back.

What are they going to say about him?   
‘Klim has been a disappointing pick by our franchise and it doesn’t look good for him’.  
lol.