[Proposal] Time to trade Boeser

DexM94

in a unpopular opinion, i think it's time to get part with our beloved Flow.

He benefits a lot from Miller's hard work, but did nothing outside,  slowing down his line, dump the puck each and eveytime (reminds
me Eriksson a lot), bubbles the puck and the few shots he takes, 90% he took them badly.
Nice some of them went in (when he s close to the net, where nobody wouldnt have miss it anyway).

So we need a TOP4 Dman, and a prospect, to a team that needs a scoring winger (at least on paper)

To CLB : Brock Boeser
To VAN Peeke and Kent Johnson

salary cap : 

to CLB : 6.6M (2y)

to VAN : 2.7M (3y) + 925k (ELC)

Beauvillier Miller Garland

Kuzmenko Pettersson Mikheyev

Lafferty Johnson Hoglander

DiGuisseppe Blueger Joshua > Blueger Suter Joshua

Hughes Hronek

Cole Peeke > Soucy Peeke

Friedman Myers > Cole Myers

Still Sign Bear in early Jan for playoff run depth.

like Johnny Storm says : flame on !

• Haha 1

Peeke is settling for a player lower than the Canucks should be aiming for. Columbus hangs up if Johnson is discussed as a return for Boeser.

Boeser, has played fairly well this year. Nearly leading the league in goal scoring. He has extra jump in his step, is finding the right areas, playing physical and back checking.

If the Canucks want to address needs, they need to add another scorer and a 2/3 defenseman.

47 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Nearly leading the league in goal scoring. He has extra jump in his step, is finding the right areas, playing physical and back checking.

He still at top of the league in goals scored, which means it's a tremendous asset to trade

i don't think he has this extra jump or whatever, he has been already caught with his poor skating, and his stone hand's already cause the dead of so many plays...

i didn't see him backchecking that much, in fact his stamina is very low.. 

to be synthetic : he is not up to the game speed at all. each stride seems to be heavy, fighting against a massive upper body (still have that from his bulking days when he was hurt in the back), and the only things he did really is dumping the puck or feed the D. We can do way better, especially on Miller line. 

the sad part is I do like Brock tho, but i like my Vancouver Canucks franchise way more. Since i felt in love with the team in 94 run, i don't have the patience anymore. 

Edited by DexM94

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Ahh yes one loss and here come the trade proposals. Never fails. 

well that's not the case, i've already talked about this proposal in a trade some days ago, and its not a "loss", its a trend with evident needs to fill.

what it never fails too is this kind of answer. Some prefer to put a finger on what could make this team better, where the other prefer to keep theirs fan glasses and barking.

• Cheers 1

Would love a solid 20+ minute LD to back up Hughes. Slavin, Skeij, Marcus Pettersson, Mikey Anderson - these are mid-range guys we could target and you know Carolina and Pittsburgh would love a top scorer.

I wanted to do it in the off-season but now with Boeser rising up the scoring standings, maybe Boeser for Pettersson makes more sense? MP is a solid shutdown, relatively young LD on a good cap hit. We'd really have to rely on our secondary and tertiary scorers and become a lot more boring offensively, but if you plop MP into our lineup we're so much more stable defensively, with a solid D-man on the ice at all times. Not only would he take massive defensive responsibilities off Hughes and the AHLers we have out there but he can kill penalties really well which is something we still suck at.

Hughes - Hronek

Pettersson - Cole

Soucy/whoever - Myers

You know other GMs has things called scouts right? They will know Brocks flaws as well as we do.

This is why you won't be able to trade him despite the hot start. Brock is making slightly less than Nylander.

If Brock was preforming like Nylander the past 2 seasons, there would be no issue.

Same goes for Garland and Beau. You're not going to get much if any return for these guys.

Look for value, maybe Rookie or Sophomore defencemen, but what would another team want in exchange?

The reality is we don't have much to offer outside our first round pick. And we need to move salary out.

It's not like PA can walk into the hockey player store and just pick up a great player.

if you trade Boeser, you'll lose Petey.

they are very good friends. 

Petey wants team to show that they are setting up to win, therefore, don't trade someone that's on a hot streak. 

If there's a deal around Boeser for Pesce, then I'm all for it.  Garland and Miller have shown chemistry in the past, so I think we could definitely afford to sell Boeser high.

Kuzmenko-Petey-Mikheyev

Garland-Miller-PDG

Hoglander-Suter-Joshua (Hogs is very similar to Garland IMO)

Blueger-Lafferty-Beauvillier

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Pesce

Soucy-Myers/Friedman

I think Soucy will take over Cole's spot by season's end assuming Soucy is healthy.  He looks like he can be a top 4 guy.

Looks like a solid lineup to me.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Rather have Sillinger. He’s an honest player. Johnson is only looking to make highlight reels. He’s a bustaroo!

CBJ have a trio of young centers now in Fantilli, Johnson, and Sillinger. Sure, one could slide over to wing but Fantilli likely bumps both Johnson and Sillinger down as far as young potential centers go. 

Sillinger is off to a decent start but I could see them being open to moving him if a deal made sense. Caveat is his being born in Columbus, but given he's Canadian I question how much that actually matters. 

Sillinger has 8 points in 20 NHL games this season, Johnson has 3 in 8. Looks like Johnson is currently playing AHL hockey though. 14 points in 8 games with the Cleveland Monsters. 

I'd be open to acquiring either but I do think it's more likely they opt to keep Johnson over Sillinger considering he put up 40 points in 79 NHL games last season. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/23/2023 at 8:08 AM, grumpyone said:

Petey wants team to show that they are setting up to win, therefore, don't trade someone that's on a hot streak. 

Laughable.

EP wants to win and if trading BB makes us better EP will not have a problem with it.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:41 AM, Nucker67 said:

I don't think Boeser is the problem. He's played faster and more physical this year, near the top in league goal scoring. 

I'd probably trade Kuzmenko, Beauvillier, Garland and Mikheyev before Brock. 

This I would actually agree with. 

Out of all of the above, including Brock... IMO, I'd keep Boeser. 

BB is playing really well. 

Even though he didn't score tonight at Seattle, he had numerous chances and was a constant threat. 

On 11/23/2023 at 6:42 PM, DexM94 said:

in a unpopular opinion, i think it's time to get part with our beloved Flow.

He benefits a lot from Miller's hard work, but did nothing outside,  slowing down his line, dump the puck each and eveytime (reminds
me Eriksson a lot), bubbles the puck and the few shots he takes, 90% he took them badly.
Nice some of them went in (when he s close to the net, where nobody wouldnt have miss it anyway).

So we need a TOP4 Dman, and a prospect, to a team that needs a scoring winger (at least on paper)

To CLB : Brock Boeser
To VAN Peeke and Kent Johnson

salary cap : 

to CLB : 6.6M (2y)

to VAN : 2.7M (3y) + 925k (ELC)

Beauvillier Miller Garland

Kuzmenko Pettersson Mikheyev

Lafferty Johnson Hoglander

DiGuisseppe Blueger Joshua > Blueger Suter Joshua

Hughes Hronek

Cole Peeke > Soucy Peeke

Friedman Myers > Cole Myers

Still Sign Bear in early Jan for playoff run depth.

like Johnny Storm says : flame on !

I would strongly consider trading Boeser in the Summer.  

I wouldn't take the risk of messing with the team chemistry right now.  

Edited by Jeremy Hronek

On 11/23/2023 at 8:08 AM, grumpyone said:

It's not like they will stop being friends if they are good friends. Though as a harsh critic of Brock I will say I have been very impressed with his engagement this year more so than even his rookie campaign. I would take this years Brock over last years Kuzz even if Brock only matches his career high G and doesn't approach Kuzz 39G I feel he has affected the outcome of the game at both ends and for the first time in a long time is a net positive player especially for his caphit. 

Fuck it thou I'm still team trade his ass. 

Whichever of Brock Kuzemenko gets the best return has to go. Having both is 12=m redundancy. Garland is not the problem, Beauvillier is keeping OEL's buyout money warm and Myers has Pete Hronek's money in his pocket.  The Brock/Kuz conundrum is where you can have the biggest impact on the quality of our team.