[Report] Blackhawks' Perry misses practice after scratch for 'organizational decision'

RWJC

I’m cautious that this might not be about a trade but more a personal/behaviour issue behind the scenes with Perry. Apparently he instigated Bedard and the other rookie going helmetless in pre game which earned them fines. The next pre game Perry took off his own helmet and received a fine. Perhaps Hawks mgmt is a little concerned about this and other behaviours rubbing off on young players? I don’t know, I’m speculating myself but seems like none of the pundits are touching this as of yet as a trade scenario and moreso keeping hush about it which signals it might be a personal matter. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’m cautious that this might not be about a trade but more a personal/behaviour issue behind the scenes with Perry. Apparently he instigated Bedard and the other rookie going helmetless in pre game which earned them fines. The next pre game Perry took off his own helmet and received a fine. Perhaps Hawks mgmt is a little concerned about this and other behaviours rubbing off on young players? I don’t know, I’m speculating myself but seems like none of the pundits are touching this as of yet as a trade scenario and moreso keeping hush about it which signals it might be a personal matter. 

Nurse went helmetless last pregame skate and got a puck in the head. Did he get a fine or was the puck enough?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Mrazek this year has certainly been better than any Edmonton goalie, but I'm not sure he's been consistent enough over his career to do that reliably.

Fair, I haven't followed Mrazek closely this year to be honest.  Hehe, the bolded part made me laugh because that's not a high bar 😂

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

The Canucks?  US???  You think this rumour has to do with the Canucks?

No.  If you want Corey Perry for Beauvillier you'll have to give up a solid prospect or pick.  Add Klimovich and D-Petterson, and maybe you get a deal.

I wouldn't even make that deal for Corey Perry 5 years ago let alone now lol are you serious?

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I really hope the EDM Mc babies burn a 1st for Perry and Mrazek 😂

Chi probably revives Campbell too.

And the Oilers still miss the playoffs. Win win situation baby. Not only do Oilers miss playoffs but miss out on a chance for that Celebrini kid. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And the Oilers still miss the playoffs. Win win situation baby. Not only do Oilers miss playoffs but miss out on a chance for that Celebrini kid. 

thats what I'm hoping, Holland desperate enough to give the 1st unprotected. Thats what I'd wait them out for. 

7 hours ago, Rekker said:

No, this isn't 2010 Correy Perry. Beauv straight across is more than fair.

57 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Lol right I laughed so hard when I saw that cost for 36 yr old perry lmao. Wow. Guys about to retire soon as he's done chasing teams that are favourites to win a cup 

54 minutes ago, Pears said:

I wouldn't even make that deal for Corey Perry 5 years ago let alone now lol are you serious?

This is on you guys for actually thinking Vancouver is an interested team here.  Leave it to people here to automatically think every rumour is about their team.  I thought I made it readily obvious that it's Edmonton desperately seeking help, not us.  The Canucks need defencemen.

And yes, the price for Perry was built in when Chicago signed them to that $4M contract.  Retain half and trade for futures.

• Cheers 1

The Blackhawks are once again being ambiguous about the reasoning for Perry's absence.  He was healthy and playing on the first powerplay unit.  He is being scratched for something, and now it's just rampant speculation.

He could be entering the player assistance program.  I don't think the team would be allowed to disclose that.

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

The Blackhawks are once again being ambiguous about the reasoning for Perry's absence.  He was healthy and playing on the first powerplay unit.  He is being scratched for something, and now it's just rampant speculation.

He could be entering the player assistance program.  I don't think the team would be allowed to disclose that.

He wouldn't be traveling with the team if this were the case.