[Report] Blackhawks' Perry misses practice after scratch for 'organizational decision'

RWJC

With no trade happening yet, this sounds more like an internal team discipline issue.

They sit guys for being late for practice and stuff like that.

It isn’t like they care about winning this year, so maybe he isn’t being a good pro and example for the young guys so they are making an example of him.

If it were a family/personal situation one would think they would say that he has taken a leave, not that it is an “organizational decision”

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

On 11/23/2023 at 7:23 PM, Kevin Biestra said:

Inside sources say he is not raping enough to meet Blackhawks standards.

Oh man, I'm going to hell for laughing so much at that rofl

Update:  Perry is gone indefinitely.  Blackhawks choice too...

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/corey-perry-to-remain-away-from-chicago-blackhawks-for-foreseeable-future-1.2040629

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Oh man, I'm going to hell for laughing so much at that rofl

Update:  Perry is gone indefinitely.  Blackhawks choice too...

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/corey-perry-to-remain-away-from-chicago-blackhawks-for-foreseeable-future-1.2040629

Update. Bettman has awarded the Black Hawks an extra first rounder, just because.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Blackhawks would do well to just make the scenario clear. Perry's always been a bit of an asshole on the ice over the years, but I can't recall hearing anything bad about him off the ice. Seems weird that something would come up this late in his career.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Blackhawks would do well to just make the scenario clear. Perry's always been a bit of an asshole on the ice over the years, but I can't recall hearing anything bad about him off the ice. Seems weird that something would come up this late in his career.

I suppose the agent should've requested the team to say this.

8 hours ago, DSVII said:

This is being floated around the interwebs. Obviously no proof but this is my headcanon that will eventually lead to Bedard holding out for us!

image.thumb.png.b2ecce9391b116b2e893d955852f32a3.png

And Bedard’s mom couldn’t say no? Seems like, if this is a true story, then she should no better too. Equal fault for bad judgment. 

• Upvote 3

So with team injuries and this Perry situation, it occurs to me that management may just blow up what’s left of this team for this season in the hopes of landing Macklin in the draft.

I’m already breaking into a cold sweat thinking about the irony that two Vancouver boys may anchor the Canucks biggest rival of the previous decade.

ugh! 🥺

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 4:24 AM, Miss Korea said:

The Canucks?  US???  You think this rumour has to do with the Canucks?

No.  If you want Corey Perry for Beauvillier you'll have to give up a solid prospect or pick.  Add Klimovich and D-Petterson, and maybe you get a deal.

For THE 38 year old scoring machine Corey Perry? I wouldn’t give up those assets for a night with Katie Perry FFS.

Edited by Captkirk888
  • Cheers 1

On 11/24/2023 at 4:24 AM, Miss Korea said:

The Canucks?  US???  You think this rumour has to do with the Canucks?

No.  If you want Corey Perry for Beauvillier you'll have to give up a solid prospect or pick.  Add Klimovich and D-Petterson, and maybe you get a deal.

GIF by South Park

• Haha 4

On 11/25/2023 at 6:59 PM, Alflives said:

Might the Hawks have had a trade for Perry but he refused, so they sat him? And then it just went downhill from that point? 

Normally, I would say it would be an incredibly bad look for a team to sign a player then change their mind and decide to trade him, only to sit him when he refused to be traded. But we're talkin the Blackhawks here, who have a rather checkered history with doing the right thing.

With that said, I don't believe he has trade or movement protection so this is probably not likely the case.

3 minutes ago, Reznor said:

Normally, I would say it would be an incredibly bad look for a team to sign a player then change their mind and decide to trade him, only to sit him when he refused to be traded. But we're talkin the Blackhawks here, who have a rather checkered history with doing the right thing.

With that said, I don't believe he has trade or movement protection so this is probably not likely the case.

That salary is all the trade protection he needs.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just for fun. Bedard seems tempting, but I don't know. 

to CHI - Pettersson (50% for this year), Brzustewicz, 1st (2024)

to VAN - Bedard

To ? - Beauvillier +

Sign Phil

Hoglander - Bedard - Lafferty

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Suter - Kessel

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Di Giuseppe

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

For THE 38 year old scoring machine Corey Perry? I wouldn’t give up those assets for a night with Katie Perry FFS.

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

GIF by South Park

Again - it was a cheeky response to those who completely skipped my post (as you guys probably did) and immediately assumed VANCOUVER was in need of... a winger and a goalie?  Really?  Are people here really that stupid?

In any case, the asking price for a productive Corey Perry would still be fairly high.  His linemate, Nick Foligno, fetched a hefty sum just two years ago.

image.png.31c8315ccea019d81e1b992143929fb8.png

Toronto got 11 games and... 5 assists for this.  Then he walked in free agency.  It was a not a good trade.  But this is the price for solid veteran talent.  And before this weird absence, Perry was playing pretty good hockey.

Maybe you guys should be the ones thinking twice about your lopsided proposals that no team would be interested in.  I don't want Perry but if Vancouver wanted him they'd have to pay up.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Again - it was a cheeky response to those who completely skipped my post (as you guys probably did) and immediately assumed VANCOUVER was in need of... a winger and a goalie?  Really?  Are people here really that stupid?

In any case, the asking price for a productive Corey Perry would still be fairly high.  His linemate, Nick Foligno, fetched a hefty sum just two years ago.

image.png.31c8315ccea019d81e1b992143929fb8.png

Toronto got 11 games and... 5 assists for this.  Then he walked in free agency.  It was a not a good trade.  But this is the price for solid veteran talent.  And before this weird absence, Perry was playing pretty good hockey.

Maybe you guys should be the ones thinking twice about your lopsided proposals that no team would be interested in.  I don't want Perry but if Vancouver wanted him they'd have to pay up.

Foligno was 32 and on a 2.75mil cap hit with 50% retained.

Corey Perry turns 39 in May at 4mil

Alex Burrows was 35 putting up roughly the same points as Perry and what did he fetch us?

DATE TRADE DETAILS
Feb. 27, 2017chat.svg

Ottawa Senators Acquire:
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
Alexandre Burrows · $4,500,000

Sum: $4,500,000
Change: +$4,500,000
Trade

Vancouver Canucks Acquire:
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
Jonathan Dahlén · $0 (AHL/JR)

Sum $0

Say no to crack

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Foligno was 32

Corey Perry turns 39 in May

Alex Burrows was 35 putting up roughly the same points as Perry and what did he fetch us?

DATE TRADE DETAILS
Feb. 27, 2017chat.svg

Ottawa Senators Acquire:
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
Alexandre Burrows · $4,500,000

Sum: $4,500,000
Change: +$4,500,000
Trade

Vancouver Canucks Acquire:
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
Jonathan Dahlén · $0 (AHL/JR)

Sum $0

maybe you should consider putting the pipe down.

At the time of this Burrows trade, Dahlen was a highly touted 2nd round pick. Hindsight shows that Dahlen didn't live up to hype, but the trade was excellent for a pending UFA in Burrows at the time.

It would essentially equate to us trading Klimovich in a similar scenario. Not saying I would do that, but just for comparison sake.

8 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

At the time of this Burrows trade, Dahlen was a highly touted 2nd round pick. Hindsight shows that Dahlen didn't live up to hype, but the trade was excellent for a pending UFA in Burrows at the time.

It would essentially equate to us trading Klimovich in a similar scenario. Not saying I would do that, but just for comparison sake.

The original trade proposal was 

Beauvillier AND Klimovich… AND DPetey and MAYBE we would get a deal for Perry. Thats insanity.

Perry for Klim is about the same as Burrows for Dahlen. Which I would pass on, Klim has potential, Perrys retirement is a guarantee.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1