[Report] Blackhawks' Perry misses practice after scratch for 'organizational decision'

RWJC

On 11/26/2023 at 10:21 PM, DSVII said:

This is being floated around the interwebs. Obviously no proof but this is my headcanon that will eventually lead to Bedard holding out for us!

image.thumb.png.b2ecce9391b116b2e893d955852f32a3.png

Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson held a media conference this afternoon, where he appeared to shoot down the social media-fuelled rumour. Davidson said that he wasn’t able to disclose any details because it’s an “individual personnel matter,” but he made sure to make one clarification during his opening remarks.

“I do want to be very clear on this one point,” Davidson said. “This does not involve any players or their families. And anyone that suggests otherwise is wildly inaccurate, and frankly, it’s disgusting.”

Whether its true or not Davidson had to deny it.  What exactly does he have to lose by lying?  Hes not under oath and I doubt any of the parties care about the denial if it was true. 

Davidson confirmed it was not a police matter and the fact that they are unwilling to divulge or hint at what it could possibly says a lot to me.

6 hours ago, Provost said:

I haven’t seen the presser? Just read an article that summarized it.

They denied it had anything to do with other players or their families… so who knows.  They are allowed to lie.

Reading a little between the lines, they didn’t say it didn’t involve other team staff or employees, and mentioned professional and safe workplace.  That was a little specific verbiage.  Sometimes how they don’t say things gives a really good clue.

It could have to do with harassment or assault of another employee.  Arson, something serious enough to try to terminate a guaranteed contract.

The look on the guys face who conducted the presser was pretty somber.  He almost broke out in tears.  Highly doubt it's Corey hooking up with a team mates mom which though kinda shitty of him not worth "very disturbing" comments.  I'm thinking this was something more.

Edited by ronning4center

16 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

The look on the guys face who conducted the presser was pretty somber.  He almost broke out in tears.  Highly doubt it's Corey hooking up with a team mates mom which though kinda shitty of him not worth "very disturbing" comments.  I'm thinking this was something more.

I connected that “very disturbing” comment to be referring to the rumours rather than the Perry incident itself.

It does have to be something fairly significant though to terminate his contract.

If Perry clears waivers and has his contract terminated, wouldn’t this be similar to Evander Kane where he can file a grievance along with the NHLPA with an arbitrator?  If so, doesn’t the reason for the termination need to come out as that is what the arbitrator is going to base his decision on?

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 minute ago, hockeyville88 said:

Kyle Davidson sounded very emotional when speaking about this. Whatever the transgression is, it sounds serious. Very sad if this is how Corey Perry's illustrious career comes to an end. I hope that if he has hurt others in any way, they get the support they need 

To me he sounded more hurt that this turned into nasty rumours about Bedards family.

He seemed to take it personally because he feels responsible for this whole thing going sideways.

Thats my take anyways. 

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Perry clears waivers and has his contract terminated, wouldn’t this be similar to Evander Kane where he can file a grievance along with the NHLPA with an arbitrator?  If so, doesn’t the reason for the termination need to come out as that is what the arbitrator is going to base his decision on?

Perry can, but the question is whether he will or not.

The BH’s are going to do and say whatever it takes to bury this asap. They are currently  under no obligation to reveal anything to anyone and well within their rights to explain it away any way they choose. 

This franchise is not in a position to weather yet another horrendous scandal. They’re desperate as can be right now. If this explodes in their face they are hooped. The whole organization could be fragmented and brought to its knees. 

Bedards 2 month NHL career has already been marred and interfered with by this scandal and things are going to get worse before they get better. 

They have created a terrible mess for themselves, the players, the league and the fans league wide. 

It’s a disgrace and everyone knows it. They will say anything to cover this up. It’s do or die at this point.

10 hours ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

I mean, I find this rumour really hard to believe, but...

On the other hand if I were in the Blackhawks front office, and the rumour was true, I would be keeping this a secretive as possible (as they are) despite the promise to be more transparent after the Beach incident.  I mean, they absolutely could not disclose such a thing given the obvious privacy and emotional concerns for Bedard.  Also, if it did happen, I would probably release a statement that says something like:

"Perry engaged in unacceptable behaviour, that violated policies relating to professional and safe work environments" (i.e. having relations with other player's family members).

Which is exactly what was said in the Blackhawk's statement.

Frack the Blackhawks, the secrets need to be out. They deserved it, especially the whole Beach incident and getting the Bedard sweepstakes with no penalty…

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Perry can, but the question is whether he will or not.

I don’t see why he wouldn’t. Their GM said the police aren’t involved and it is an internal matter. No other players or their families are supposedly involved. So what is it?  

We are talking about $4 million dollars here. Perry might not get signed by anyone else. He should definitely file a grievance. Worst case is he loses and doesn’t get his money. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t see why he wouldn’t. Their GM said the police aren’t involved and it is an internal matter. No other players or their families are supposedly involved. So what is it?  

We are talking about $4 million dollars here. Perry might not get signed by anyone else. He should definitely file a grievance. Worst case is he loses and doesn’t get his money. 

Hmmm.  My guess would be...

Kane had the rest of his career at stake and made a good gamble.  Perry has the rest of his life at stake.  If he's to have any hope of having a career in hockey (in whatever capacity, broadcast or coaching), he should bury this as quickly and as deep as possible.

All speculation.  I wonder how long he has to file a grievance.

1 hour ago, Crimson JH said:

Now this situation is involving Chris Chelios’ daughter…? :classic_blink:

Not Bedard’s mother…

IMG_3263.jpeg.4fef97224be001c31f242357c5eef792.jpeg

An unverified Bob Beers account with 180 followers does not sound like a credible source. Can we please just wait until there's info from an actual credible source before we run down this rabbit hole again?

(Also, while not impossible this rumor is true, Chelios' daughter is married to a former NFLer. I don't think that's someone Corey Perry would want to risk messing with.)

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

(Also, while not impossible this rumor is true, Chelios' daughter is married to a former NFLer. I don't think that's someone Corey Perry would want to risk messing with.)

Forget the former NFLer - Chelios in his 60s could probably still whup Perry's ass.  :classic_laugh:

• Cheers 1