[Report] Blackhawks' Perry misses practice after scratch for 'organizational decision'

RWJC

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t see why he wouldn’t. Their GM said the police aren’t involved and it is an internal matter. No other players or their families are supposedly involved. So what is it?  

We are talking about $4 million dollars here. Perry might not get signed by anyone else. He should definitely file a grievance. Worst case is he loses and doesn’t get his money. 

Nobody leaves $4M on the table for no reason, if they don 't have to...

Its also about Perrys future... Both in hockey and after hockey as well as private life...

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Exactly, we all do make mistakes at times. Hence, why we are all human beings. 

10 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Now this situation is involving Chris Chelios’ daughter…? :classic_blink:

Not Bedard’s mother…

IMG_3263.jpeg.4fef97224be001c31f242357c5eef792.jpeg

What are you doing?  This is the second trash link you've provided now and you're complaining I was mean and that everyone makes mistakes? 

Do you not know how the internet works?  

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We are talking about $4 million dollars here. 

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Nobody leaves $4M on the table for no reason

Perry was paid 2 million as a signing bonus this summer. He's losing less than 1.5 million with this termination.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Perry was paid 2 million as a signing bonus this summer. He's losing less than 1.5 million with this termination.

Yeah, I just saw that now.  Plus, I added up his salary and he's made just over $100 million in his career.  So most likely he walks away from the $1.5 million without a grievance.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Sounds like an incident with a team employee occurred the day before the Columbus game. 

If this is true then I'm not sure why they didn't just say that at the beginning....or even at the presser yesterday... would have saved a lot embarassment for the league, their organization, and their franchise player.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t see why he wouldn’t. Their GM said the police aren’t involved and it is an internal matter. No other players or their families are supposedly involved. So what is it?  

We are talking about $4 million dollars here. Perry might not get signed by anyone else. He should definitely file a grievance. Worst case is he loses and doesn’t get his money. 

Yeah will be harder to be signed by another team if no one knows why he was terminated, you would have to assume the worst. How the Blackhawks expect no one to find out what happened baffles me.  

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Coke?  I mean, what else is there to do in Columbus?

My understanding is that you can’t terminate a contract due to substance abuse. Not right away anyways.
If that had been the case, he’d be in the program and everyone on the team would be rooting for him to make a quick recovery and return as soon as possible.

• Cheers 1

As others have said, if it was drugs or anything remotely illicit they would at least filed a police report and then said "its an ongoing police matter and we cant comment publically".  This is why the situation has grown as bad as it has.... Im not saying I believe the rumor but when I heard it 2 days ago I thought it was outlandish and the more I watched the handling of the situation the more plausible it became.... Even after the presser.  They owed it to #98 to at least do more to dispell the rumor.  If they are trying to protect other parties then fine, keep it vague.  But at least give us some modicum of truth.

"Inappropriate communication with a team employee" is plenty vague.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Lol no he couldn't.

With respect to Chelly, he'd be choking on Perry's egg roll in less than 10 seconds if 60 year old Chelly tried to fight a well conditioned professional hockey player.  

But have you seen her husband, Danny Vitale? The dude is an absolute unit. He was a fullback so had to be able to both block for his QB and be an option to run. He would clean Perry's clock.

spacer.png

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

As others have said, if it was drugs or anything remotely illicit they would at least filed a police report and then said "its an ongoing police matter and we cant comment publically".  This is why the situation has grown as bad as it has.... Im not saying I believe the rumor but when I heard it 2 days ago I thought it was outlandish and the more I watched the handling of the situation the more plausible it became.... Even after the presser.  They owed it to #98 to at least do more to dispell the rumor.  If they are trying to protect other parties then fine, keep it vague.  But at least give us some modicum of truth.

"Inappropriate communication with a team employee" is plenty vague.

Did they actually say the inappropriate communication thing, or is that the new rumour.

After the presser and trying to read between the lines, it frankly sounded like it was along the lines of unsolicited dick pics to a female staff member.

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Has mom said anything publicly?

If it has nothing to do with her, wouldnt she just laugh it off and squash any rumour?

The fact that this rumor has legs shows how unaware, brainwashed and gullible people are.  It started from an absolute nobody on twitter.  

The family must be so embarrassed and disgusted 

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

Did they actually say the inappropriate communication thing, or is that the new rumour.

After the presser and trying to read between the lines, it frankly sounded like it was along the lines of unsolicited dick pics to a female staff member.

No, this was just conjecture on my part... Although it does appear some official news outlets are reporting that it was some sort of inappropriate incident with a team employee.

I watched the presser yesterday and was less than convinced of anything. Yes he explictly denied the rumor, but the fact that he was unwilling to offer any alternate narratative that debunked the rumor itself was pretty weak in my opinion.

Alright another tidbit of info from Seravalli.  Bit by bit the public will piece it together, and then someone will inevitably leak the whole story.

According to sources, an alcohol-fueled incident involving Perry was alleged to have occurred during an event that included corporate partners and team employees in attendance. It remains unclear what allegedly took place, who witnessed it, and who reported it to the team.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/blackhawks-terminate-corey-perrys-contract-but-many-questions-remain-unanswered

55 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

The fact that this rumor has legs shows how unaware, brainwashed and gullible people are.  It started from an absolute nobody on twitter.  

The family must be so embarrassed and disgusted 

Ahh, ok. 

I dont do social media. This is my only online account, so I heard it from the fine folks here at CFF.

I'm a little  lot old school. If someone said I did something and it might effect my family, in this case her son, I would simply laugh it off and set the record straight. 

I wouldn't be embarrassed about something untrue. I might be disgusted though.

Anyway you didn't answer my question chief, and you seem to know all about the online stuff, so I take it that she has not said anything. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1