[Report] Blackhawks' Perry misses practice after scratch for 'organizational decision'

RWJC

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

So Perry has now been cleared to sign a new deal.  He is a proven playoff performer.........yay or nay for the Canucks?

Yay for me

Don’t know all the facts about what happened, but I believe everyone deserves a second chance. 

It would be worth kicking the tires on it. Team would have to do their due diligence first.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

He's exactly what we need.

Thank you Connor, True canucks fan.

He is, I agree.  He'll likely be league min for the rest of the season and he can fit anywhere in the lineup.

Not sure what bedard has to do with anything

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Don’t know all the facts about what happened, but I believe everyone deserves a second chance. 

It would be worth kicking the tires on it. Team would have to do their due diligence first.

I'm betting GM's all know the real story and up to this point he hasn't been in any off ice trouble

• Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I wish more people believed in this. Sometimes some people have multiple second chances, whereas some people never got that second chance. Sometimes there's talk about "cancel culture", but in reality, it's just people not able to accept their own consequences.

Like if someone said something racist 10 years ago when they were in a bad, bad space. Yes, they should be held accountable, but no, we should see what they did before and after to see if they've changed. IF they haven't changed and there's evidence that they remain racist, that isn't cancel culture.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

So Perry has now been cleared to sign a new deal.  He is a proven playoff performer.........yay or nay for the Canucks?

Yay for me

29 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

28 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

He's exactly what we need.

Thank you Connor, True canucks fan.

He would be a great add. Definite "yay" from me too.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Mikheyev - Suter - Perry

Not sure about Suter as the #2C. Maybe they make another trade?

or split up the Lotto line?

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Perry

It sounds like it was substance abuse related with a poor decision and unprofessional conduct (read as bad behaviour) towards a staff member.  Adding him to our bottom 6 would make us even more difficult to play against which I'm all for.

Perry and Maroon are what this team needs at this point.  Depth, veteran guys that have won it all multiple times, and are a pain in the ass to play against.

Miller-Petey-Boeser

Hoglander-Lindholm-Mikheyev

Garland-Blueger-Joshua

Maroon-Suter-Perry

Edit:  Can't believe how much depth we have that I forgot to include Hoglander in there lmao.  Ok, trade Kuzmenko away for Lindholm!

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1

The way this team is firing on all cylinders, the coaching/management group had better do their due diligence (which I'm sure they would) on anyone they might be looking to add whether it's this guy or someone else,  especially anyone who left their previous team under suspect circumstances.  Don’t want to mess up this MOJO they got right now!

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Pretty hard to argue against giving a guy  another chance when we don’t even know what the offence was or what steps he took to be reinstated. I trust implicitly in PA’s judgement on these things.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Yay for me

A proven playoff performer, it's a no brainer. Kick some tires and see what happens 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, AK-19 said:

Perry is way too slow to play on this 

I think for playoffs, where greasy goals are needed, especially if the speed and transition game is hampered, Perry could prove useful. 

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Yeah, I totally agree. He's not built for this team.

He's been successful on every team he's played on, regardless of style.  Doesn't get more proven than CP

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I think for playoffs, where greasy goals are needed, especially if the speed and transition game is hampered, Perry could prove useful. 

Exactly.

He'd be good on the PP, where speed isn't so required as are smarts, experience, and a decent shot, which he has

• Cheers 1

I think it's a risky move depending on what really happened.  Could be a locker room poison or media distraction all the way to the cup final.   If the management is entertaining this, they better vetted it thoroughly and have a game plan with the inevitable media shit storm wherever the team plays.  

17 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

Stop spreading this crap already. It's been an invalidated rumour, especially since that post came straight from Reddit.

Mods, please enforce the rules for these things.

How has it been invalidated, because the trustworthy kind hearted Blackhawks management team said so. Why wouldn't they lie if that is what really happened?

All we know is that it was a alcohol influenced inappropriate misconduct at a team event around the time of the mom's trip and it was not bad enough to be admitted in the players assistance program or prevent him from signing with another team. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Cheers 2