[Report] Blackhawks' Perry misses practice after scratch for 'organizational decision'

RWJC

On 11/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, RWJC said:

I’m cautious that this might not be about a trade but more a personal/behaviour issue behind the scenes with Perry. Apparently he instigated Bedard and the other rookie going helmetless in pre game which earned them fines. The next pre game Perry took off his own helmet and received a fine. Perhaps Hawks mgmt is a little concerned about this and other behaviours rubbing off on young players? I don’t know, I’m speculating myself but seems like none of the pundits are touching this as of yet as a trade scenario and moreso keeping hush about it which signals it might be a personal matter. 

There might be just a bit too much touching and rubbing off going on in your post; oh wait, it is Chicago, that behaviour is encouraged there and even filmed in the room.

"We know who they are" - Jonathon Toews aka Jonathon, Captain (Taint) Serious (its just men playing with boys) Toews, while smack talking the Mighty Nux in the playoffs.

No longer captain of the Shi-T-hawks, Jonny Taint still has not come clean; but we know who you are Jon, and Patty Kane, and all the other dirty douchebags, hooker and cabbie bashers, groomers and cover-uppers.  Fuck all of you; you should all be in jail.

But jeez @RWJC, clean it up a bit ok?  I suspect there are a lot of sensitive posters here..

• Haha 2

On 11/24/2023 at 12:18 PM, Rick_theRyper said:

Lol right I laughed so hard when I saw that cost for 36 yr old perry lmao. Wow. Guys about to retire soon as he's done chasing teams that are favourites to win a cup 

$4 Mill-Eon US Dollars for one season?  Hahahahahahahahaha!

Anybody still think Chicago has a smart management group?

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2023 at 4:24 AM, Miss Korea said:

The Canucks?  US???  You think this rumour has to do with the Canucks?

No.  If you want Corey Perry for Beauvillier you'll have to give up a solid prospect or pick.  Add Klimovich and D-Petterson, and maybe you get a deal.

Must be sarcasm, am I right?

They would have to give us Bedard to take Perry off their soiled hands.

On 11/24/2023 at 2:28 PM, ronning4center said:

As a rental playoff push.  Corey perry is nasty around the net and a big dude.  This is where are.  Scrums of Peter, Beau, boes don't really strike fear into anyone.

Corey Perry doesn't strike fear in anyone anymore; well maybe Chicago management.

Good luck getting anything for that male sexual organ now, let alone prospects and picks etc.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

So with team injuries and this Perry situation, it occurs to me that management may just blow up what’s left of this team for this season in the hopes of landing Macklin in the draft.

I’m already breaking into a cold sweat thinking about the irony that two Vancouver boys may anchor the Canucks biggest rival of the previous decade.

ugh! 🥺

Chicago should not be allowed to draft until they face the charges; keep the new kids safe!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Again - it was a cheeky response to those who completely skipped my post (as you guys probably did) and immediately assumed VANCOUVER was in need of... a winger and a goalie?  Really?  Are people here really that stupid?

In any case, the asking price for a productive Corey Perry would still be fairly high.  His linemate, Nick Foligno, fetched a hefty sum just two years ago.

image.png.31c8315ccea019d81e1b992143929fb8.png

Toronto got 11 games and... 5 assists for this.  Then he walked in free agency.  It was a not a good trade.  But this is the price for solid veteran talent.  And before this weird absence, Perry was playing pretty good hockey.

Maybe you guys should be the ones thinking twice about your lopsided proposals that no team would be interested in.  I don't want Perry but if Vancouver wanted him they'd have to pay up.

First of all, I read all of your post and I knew you were being facetious.
2nd, I have never made a trade proposal on CDC or on CFF.

3rd, never said any thing about what the Canucks need.

4th, I was being ‘cheeky’

5th, I’ll mimic your comment, ‘Are people here really that stupid?’

thanks for assuming and lumping people together.

2 hours ago, Theo5789 said:

At the time of this Burrows trade, Dahlen was a highly touted 2nd round pick. Hindsight shows that Dahlen didn't live up to hype, but the trade was excellent for a pending UFA in Burrows at the time.

It would essentially equate to us trading Klimovich in a similar scenario. Not saying I would do that, but just for comparison sake.

It also led to getting Karlsson in the system

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

The original trade proposal was 

Beauvillier AND Klimovich… AND DPetey and MAYBE we would get a deal for Perry. Thats insanity.

Perry for Klim is about the same as Burrows for Dahlen. Which I would pass on, Klim has potential, Perrys retirement is a guarantee.

I dont think I'd move klim, but I'd be ok with a 3rd or 4th

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Easily, folks shit on Perry but it's not a coincidence that he's been a part of teams who have gone to the finals. 124 points in 196 playoff games. He hasn't been prime Anaheim Ducks Perry in a while but he's absolutely been a useful player. 

Finals with four different teams with one cup win, triple gold (two Olympic golds), Rocket Richard, Hart, all-star. Will probably be a hall of famer at some point. On top of that, Perry is only the second player (joining Scott Niedermayer) to combine Triple Gold membership with gold at the World Junior Championships, a Memorial Cup win, and a World Cup of Hockey win.

Yeah, but he OLD

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Yeah, but he OLD

And still put up 9 points in 16 games

I'd take him over Beauvillier, absolutely, all he's ever done is win championships 

Not saying I'd give up much for him, but I'd welcome him on the team, he brings some sandpaper, agitation, championship pedigree, and secondary scoring 

If Chicago isn't interested in playing him it's possible all it'd take is Beau and maybe a 4th or 5th 

Perry would probably bring more to our bottom six than Beau does imo

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Easily, folks shit on Perry but it's not a coincidence that he's been a part of teams who have gone to the finals. 124 points in 196 playoff games. He hasn't been prime Anaheim Ducks Perry in a while but he's absolutely been a useful player. 

Finals with four different teams with one cup win, triple gold (two Olympic golds), Rocket Richard, Hart, all-star. Will probably be a hall of famer at some point. On top of that, Perry is only the second player (joining Scott Niedermayer) to combine Triple Gold membership with gold at the World Junior Championships, a Memorial Cup win, and a World Cup of Hockey win.

And who better to surround the youth with?

tell me, who gets more out of Corey Perry.

Whichever team who wants to overpay for him and possibly win a round? In exchange for the odds of a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick panning out to anything.

OR

The youth who have no Kane, Keith, Toews, Seabrook, Hossa etc to lean on, learning from Perry who as you said brings an insane amount of experience to a locker room.

If I was Chicago I would say fuck that to moving Perry. His experience to a locker room is invaluable. Far more value in a locker room than in a trade.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

And who better to surround the youth with?

tell me, who gets more out of Corey Perry.

Whichever team who wants to overpay for him and possibly win a round? In exchange for the odds of a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round pick panning out to anything.

OR

The youth who have no Kane, Keith, Toews, Seabrook, Hossa etc to lean on, learning from Perry who as you said brings an insane amount of experience to a locker room.

If I was Chicago I would say fuck that to moving Perry. His experience to a locker room is invaluable. Far more value in a locker room than in a trade.

Sure, but that's contingent on Perry actually playing, which he's not. Any Perry acquisition assumes that Chicago is more interested in moving him than playing him. 

Don't know what's actually going on between Perry and the Hawks, the messaging put out by the Hawks themselves and Perry's agent has been mixed. 

Theoretically, if the Hawks were looking to find him a new home and the cost wasn't outrageous than I would be interested. 

Is it likely? Who know, but discussion boards are for discussing. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, but that's contingent on Perry actually playing, which he's not. Any Perry acquisition assumes that Chicago is receptive is more interested in moving him than playing him. 

Don't know what's actually going on between Perry and the Hawks, the messaging put out by the Hawks themselves and Perry's agent has been mixed. 

Theoretically, if the Hawks were looking to find him a new home and the cost wasn't outrageous than I would be interested. 

Is it likely? Who know, but discussion boards are for discussing. 

Just saw this

Edited by AnthonyG

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Just saw this

It seems suspicious because the team could've made that statement, but instead they said it was a team decision. Something doesn't quite add up, but Chicago is living up to their bill of being solid at hiding things for as long as they can, then not speak about it anymore and sweep it under the rug.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Just saw this

Aye, I touched on this on page two 

But initially the messaging was more mixed, which made it seem like more of a Chicago decision than a Perry decision 

It could be a team pushed personal decision, if the Hawks feel there's something he needs to address 

More than likely it's just the Hawks bungling their PR but it's hard to say 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Assuming he hasn't done anything creepy, id be happy to trade Garland for him 1:1

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 2