[Report] Blackhawks' Perry misses practice after scratch for 'organizational decision'

RWJC

Just now, Coconuts said:

Even if he was, seems like a pretty straight forward Players Assistance Program case 

Unless he's refusing to enter it, in which case the timeline and wording if the announcement make a lot of sense.  Bottom line is that none of us have enough information to rule anything out.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Unless he's refusing to enter it, in which case the timeline and wording if the announcement make a lot of sense.  Bottom line is that none of us have enough information to rule anything out.

You're right, we don't, but it's pretty easy to assume that Perry would rather go through the program than simply forfeit a 4M payday. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think it will stop.  Logically thinking, why would they terminate Perry's contract out of the blue?  He's never had this happen to him before, he's a future hall of famer.  

What are we missing that he could have done that would be so bad that Chicago wants him out of the city ASAP?  He's not a coke head or an alcoholic.  He's never been in trouble before.  And what about the rumours?  I highly doubt they just started out of thin air with no basis in fact.  Apparently, even ex-NHL executives like Brian Lawton were getting text messages about this.  It's not like Lawton is getting text messages from Twitter trolls.  

Chicago needs to release the actual reason why they are getting rid of Perry.  When Kane was let go by Sasn Jose they told us the reason.  He broke COVID protocol.  So what did Perry do?  If they don't answer that question then we know why...

lots of things. With no info it can be anything really. 

I wonder if its something on the anger management end for real tho. How do the older guys stay in the league? some of them have to be doped. 

But we have no evidence of anything. I just hope its not more domestic violence. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

lots of things. With no info it can be anything really. 

I wonder if its something on the anger management end for real tho. How do the older guys stay in the league? some of them have to be doped. 

But we have no evidence of anything. I just hope its not more domestic violence. 

Dude has been around a long time.  Played for multiple teams.  I doubt he just became angry now and is lashing out at teammates.  Same with the coke and alcohol.  The statement put out by Chicago is very revealing.  If you read between the lines the Bedard mom story makes the most sense...

• Vintage 1

The Bedard rumours have been discounted by multiple sources.

Even if true I am not sure this would count as a material breach of contract.

Truth will come out at some point, wouldn't keep putting a young local guys mother into this conversation as is disservice to everyone involved.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Perry’s contract was terminated? 

If he doesn’t get claimed on waivers, yes. 

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-put-corey-perry-on-waivers-for-purposes-of-contract-termination-1.2041791?tsn-amp

One would think to save face with a few families (including their new franchise centre’s) involved that the Blackhawks would at least make a statement, especially before terminating his contract. 

Edited by TheWhiskeyPickle
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Wtf was that press conference? GM looked so nervous and scared to say anything. But left everyone with more questions than answers. Get our boy back home asap. 

A whole lotta nothing.

As per the reddit thread, assuming the GM is telling the truth, then let's play the guess who bingo game:

1) No involvement of other players or players' families 2) A workplace thing, 3) An individual team matter, and 4) Blackhawks players don't know what happened, 5) Not criminal

3 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Whoops, I didn't realised it was a parody, and no need to shoot me down like that. 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

I made a mistake, and it was trending like crazy on twitterverse.

ps, I’m not a guy… 💁🏼‍♀️

I don't know why some ppl cant correct someone graciously. Everyone has been fooled by a parody acct even for a moment at least once.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I haven’t seen the presser? Just read an article that summarized it.

They denied it had anything to do with other players or their families… so who knows.  They are allowed to lie.

Reading a little between the lines, they didn’t say it didn’t involve other team staff or employees, and mentioned professional and safe workplace.  That was a little specific verbiage.  Sometimes how they don’t say things gives a really good clue.

It could have to do with harassment or assault of another employee.  Arson, something serious enough to try to terminate a guaranteed contract.

Edited by Provost

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

"....conduct that is unacceptable, and in violation both of the terms of his Contract and the Blackhawks’ internal policies..."

Talk about bad... if its in violations with the internal policies of the Blackhawk. The have had rapists etc amogst them, what the f has he done???? Killed someone???

Maybe there is some truth to the story after all😳😳😳

Maybe reported a sexual assault.

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Clearly the rumours aren’t true. Someone random just posted on Twitter and everyone fell for it. There’s zero proof to believe any of that.  

Sadly, there are users here who won't drop the speculation that has been firmly denied by the team (and the GM has no reason to lie about it).  As I mentioned in the waiver thread, it's entirely possible that this is just a simple case of bullying / harassment, or possibly uttering threats - such as "I'll fucking kill you, skin your fucking dog, and burn your fucking house down" - to a member of the coaching staff or management team.  However, that's not juicy enough for some of our hyper-testosteroned members, and they have to try to link it to sexual misconduct despite the official team denial.