[GDT] Vancouver @ Seattle. Friday, November 24th, 7pt/10et. SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Do you have some insane metabolism or something? I'd do that I'd gain 30 pounds overnight?

You know what, my jeans were indeed fitting me a little tight last week. It’s in the Confessions thread. But, no I still weigh the same. 

• Cheers 2

Looking at the lineup tonight - I think RT wants to add some edge to the third + fourth lines by including  PDG and adding Aman, possibly wanting a heavier fore check on opposing teams (as teams have done to us recently).  Wonder if they are planning to use Kuz tomorrow with the back to back.

Teams around them are starting to move up - so its good the Canucks are treating it accordingly and not just satisfied with their first quarter  - I think the next quarter of games will have a bit more bite - more hitting, blocks and less open looks.  As I have noted earlier, they may need to play more Tocchet style now and get those greasy / dirty goals in close.  Stats are always nice but we all want wins!

Hoping for a FULL 60 minute effort (since they did not play yesterday), outworking the Kraken and most importantly - keep out of the box.  Forget the first quarter now - lets win and get a good start to the second quarter.

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I was gonna post “that explains why you’re such a dick then” but figured I shouldn’t since even though it’s a joke keeping with the theme I just can’t tell anymore nowadays who’s gonna get offended at what.

It’s a fine line when you’re dicking around. Be careful out there. 

8 minutes ago, brilac said:

You know what, my jeans were indeed fitting me a little tight last week. It’s in the Confessions thread. But, no I still weigh the same. 

I feel fatter than ever, but while cleaning and tidying I found 3 old belts that I haven't worn since before Covid started, as they didn't fit any longer after that initial lockdown, lol, and by golly all three are perfect right now. Maybe I lost weight last year and have put a bit back on...but still, I will see it as a win. 

I just went back to CDC for the first time since early October to see the game notes. I hope we bookend tonights game: rack em up early and fend off the counterassault in the middle 25 or 30 minutes and then finish them in the last half of the third. Lets GOOOOO.