[GDT] Vancouver @ Seattle. Friday, November 24th, 7pt/10et. SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

20 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Kuz and Hirose out then?

I mean the coach has told Kuzy how he needs him to play, and he’s still struggling there. This is the accountability that’s needed.

PDG is where he should be on the roster. A good story out of training camp but it should never be a long term thing.

Beau and Lafferty have earned their promotions with their play. Lafferty adds another big body to the top line and Beau adds speed to the second. Bottom 6 now has size and should be great at forechecking and grinding.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I guess we knew eventually Kuzmenko was going to ride the pine for a spell. Imagine even how much further we'd be is he was at full tilt.

Maybe he's nursing something though I haven't noticed.

Might have something to do with stitches not being blown out of his chin over a practice ..  perhaps just saving him for the game and being cautionary.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean the coach has told Kuzy how he needs him to play, and he’s still struggling there. This is the accountability that’s needed.

PDG is where he should be on the roster. A good story out of training camp but it should never be a long term thing.

Beau and Lafferty have earned their promotions with their play. Lafferty adds another big body to the top line and Beau adds speed to the second. Bottom 6 now has size and should be great at forechecking and grinding.

I agree, PDG should never have been on the 2nd line, especially with other guys lower in the rotation being better options. I'm glad to see this change, hopefully it works out and sticks. This might be the bump that Beau needs, and it could turn out to be a great move.

Always liked Laff, I expect him to do well with EP40 and Mik, hopefully Elias' suspected groin pull is healing, it's def a concern.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Beau is streaky scorer, seems to have been playing better so why not try to jumpstart a streak. 
This lineup needs EP to be better than the last couple. Whatever is ailing him is starting to look like when he hurt his wrist. Hasn’t been shooting, taking less faceoffs. I also don’t think his skating has looked right, laboured which is not like him.  I still think he hasn’t quite been his usual self since he took that shot from Myers. 
This is where teams show their mettle. Hitting the grind of the season, all the teams are settled into their systems and people are starting to get banged up. 
Good professional teams find ways to fight through these things and grind out points. We know this team can go on a hot streak, time to see if this team can grind. 

• Upvote 1

I jokingly said “every game will be a big game for the fanbase” early in the season.. and it’s true.  From a fan perspective, the confidence just isn’t there with this group.

I hope (and assume) the team in the room is a lot more solid.  That said, it feels like we need 2/4 points this weekend but 3 or 4 would be excellent.  

Tonight is a prime situation for a star player like Petey, Hughes, Miller, Hronek, Boeser or Demko to put the team on their backs and steal one. 

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I jokingly said “every game will be a big game for the fanbase” early in the season.. and it’s true.  From a fan perspective, the confidence just isn’t there with this group.

I hope (and assume) the team in the room is a lot more solid.  That said, it feels like we need 2/4 points this weekend but 3 or 4 would be excellent.  

Tonight is a prime situation for a star player like Petey, Hughes, Miller, Hronek, Boeser or Demko to put the team on their backs and steal one. 

I’m confident in the team. They have what it takes. They’re just learning how to wield that power consistently. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's no secret that the Boeser Miller line has been or top line for quite some time now. Kuz definitely looks and plays different than last year. I often wonder if he struggles with Tocchet style of hockey. But we don't know if there's a nagging injury or just major regression. But it seems the Petey Kuz combo isn't working. Petey has his own issue whether it's injury or just confidence is down. 

Maybe the change will do wonders

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Hoglander should be on one of the top lines, and Laff down wheres he's best, he's basically a perfect grinder with some skill. Him and PDG make the bottom six bigger and tougher too. 

I’m thinking that Lafferty must be performing more of a bodyguard role for Pettersson, so that opposing team don’t try to continue to aggravate whatever’s bothering Elias. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m confident in the team. They have what it takes. They’re just learning how to wield that power consistently. 

They also have to learn how to handle prosperity. They never had a start to a season like they did. Like Rutherford said if all goes right, minus key injuries, we should be playoff team 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Kuz and Hirose out then?

this is a really interesting experiment. Laffy is on fire so maybe he can help Petey with his issue. Beau's trade value might go up, or he might just get more useful to us if we keep him. 

Very happy to see Aman back. 

Edited by Bob Long

5 hours ago, Goalie29 said:

It just seems goofy to go to Denver to come all the way back to Seattle, then south again to SJ.  I get that there are building availabilities and such, and flying makes it fairly easy, but this would have made more sense as a circle route.

Sense and NHL scheduling are never mentioned in the same sentence

Kuzmenko is slow and not aggressive, and to compensate on the forecheck, he was slapping his stick on the ice last game (beaver tail), to try and fool the Avs into passing to him. Tocchet hates this.

I'm glad they're benching Kuzy. Maybe he'll play better when he returns.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Kuzmenko is slow and not aggressive, and to compensate on the forecheck, he was slapping his stick on the ice last game (beaver tail), to try and fool the Avs into passing to him. Tocchet hates this.

I'm glad they're benching Kuzy. Maybe he'll play better when he returns.

Not sure what the issue is but trust in Tocchet to add some "Rocket" to the Kuz-Missile. Dude scored 39 goals last year so barring any permanent brain injury that occurred over the summer, he hasn't forgotten how to play hockey.

Benching might just be the ticket.

1 hour ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I'm pretty stoked on the draft class but 2-3 years out for dmen typically. We need a guy who can fill in top 4 right now and round out our top 6 while healthy 

But it address a long standing need that the team until now has been ignored.

As long as we don't start trading those prospects, it should really help stock up our shelves.

Not everything can be fixed right away.

• Vintage 1