[Rumour] Flyers are open for business

HKSR

Canucks were rumored to be in on Sanheim? Or was that just Friedman speculation? I just remember us being linked to them for some reason. Sanheim scares me. 7 more years on his deal. We are just getting out from under Myers' deal. This is like being close to being out from under Eriksson and Roussel only to trade them for guys we didn't want long term either. Resets the suffering. Laughton will fetch a pretty penny. We'd have to move Beauvillier, then move likely Hoglander and a pick for him.

5 hours ago, Provost said:

Ok, here is a big swing.

Ristolainen is coming off injury.

He has spent his entire career with bad analytics but last year turned a corner and was one of the top defensive D in the league.

4 more years at $5.1 million.

Depending on if last year we was a fluke or not, you either get a legit mean, physical 2nd pairing defensive D… or you get a meaner Tyler Myers overpaid on the 3rd pairing for the next four years.  

How much faith do you have in Tocchet and Foote to keep the guy on track?

If you get Zadorov in the summer, you possibly have fixed your D and vastly increased the grit needed for the playoffs.

Definite risk/reward on a possible deal.

Risto is very often injured. Hasn’t played a game yet this season. Has averaged only 63 games last 3 seasons prior. Too much cap to spend on an often injured player that is not really a reliable top 4 Dman. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Canucks were rumored to be in on Sanheim? Or was that just Friedman speculation? I just remember us being linked to them for some reason. Sanheim scares me. 7 more years on his deal. We are just getting out from under Myers' deal. This is like being close to being out from under Eriksson and Roussel only to trade them for guys we didn't want long term either. Resets the suffering. Laughton will fetch a pretty penny. We'd have to move Beauvillier, then move likely Hoglander and a pick for him.

Don’t worry. Allvin has very good scouts and (unlike Benning) he actually listens to them. There’s zero chance we have any interest in Sanheim. He’s a puck sucker. 

14 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

7 years? No thanks. Philadelphia would have to pay us to get a deal like that off their hands. We already have OEL’s cap to deal with and he’s not even on the roster anymore moving forward and we want to add a guy with 7 more years on his term? What is his cap hit? I’m inclined to say pass on this one. 

• Huggy Bear 1

14 hours ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Konecny is a pipe dream, but damn hed slot in nicely w EP or Miller

Inthink Konecny would cost way too much to be honest. Would mean the Canucks giving up their first for sure. If we make the playoffs. I guess that might be a decent gamble? But I’d rather wait until next year to see where we are. By that time Petey’s contract will be done (right?). And if are good enough, maybe next season we take another step and go another round deeper? If that’s the case, I can definitely see acquiring Konecny for our first. 

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

7 years? No thanks. Philadelphia would have to pay us to get a deal like that off their hands. We already have OEL’s cap to deal with and he’s not even on the roster anymore moving forward and we want to add a guy with 7 more years on his term? What is his cap hit? I’m inclined to say pass on this one. 

Yeah, we were tied to Sanheim last year, fresh off signing his 8 year deal. A lot of us didn't want it then. But now that he is playing really well, I guess we forgot that this contract isn't very ideal. 6.25mil isn't terrible all things considered. He'll be 35 when it expires though. Not super terrible. Not super ideal. I am on the fence. I wouldn't be opposed to it if we don't trade the farm for him. I am sure we can cap dump his final 2 years if need be. He has a 12 team no trade list for the second half of his contract.

Like, nothing about his game right now is bad. 6'4, 220, blocks pucks, looks quite durable. 70-80 games a season consistently. Outside of the covid season obviously. He is putting up points this season, which wouldn't look great if not for the fact he already signed his big deal, so it's not him playing over his head for a contract. And it's Philly, so the production looks good considering the quality of teammates. Averaging 26 minutes a game right now cause that team is so bad. I am not a hard pass on him, I am just not entirely sold on him purely cause his contract is so long.

All in all, if we can get him without trading Willander or Lekkerimaki, he'd be a pretty good player to have. For at least the next 4-5 years. After that, who knows with d-men. Especially the bigger ones. Assuming he'd waive his full NTC for us. I just don't see management taking a plunge on that much cap with that much term without knowing what Hronek and Pettersson will be making. We have 2 seasons of 4.7mil in dead cap coming and Demko's next deal will come during one of those seasons.

• Cheers 3

14 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Yeah, we were tied to Sanheim last year, fresh off signing his 8 year deal. A lot of us didn't want it then. But now that he is playing really well, I guess we forgot that this contract isn't very ideal. 6.25mil isn't terrible all things considered. He'll be 35 when it expires though. Not super terrible. Not super ideal. I am on the fence. I wouldn't be opposed to it if we don't trade the farm for him. I am sure we can cap dump his final 2 years if need be. He has a 12 team no trade list for the second half of his contract.

Like, nothing about his game right now is bad. 6'4, 220, blocks pucks, looks quite durable. 70-80 games a season consistently. Outside of the covid season obviously. He is putting up points this season, which wouldn't look great if not for the fact he already signed his big deal, so it's not him playing over his head for a contract. And it's Philly, so the production looks good considering the quality of teammates. Averaging 26 minutes a game right now cause that team is so bad. I am not a hard pass on him, I am just not entirely sold on him purely cause his contract is so long.

All in all, if we can get him without trading Willander or Lekkerimaki, he'd be a pretty good player to have. For at least the next 4-5 years. After that, who knows with d-men. Especially the bigger ones. Assuming he'd waive his full NTC for us. I just don't see management taking a plunge on that much cap with that much term without knowing what Hronek and Pettersson will be making. We have 2 seasons of 4.7mil in dead cap coming and Demko's next deal will come during one of those seasons.

Yeah, I get all of what you're saying. I'm just not sure that we can afford to take him without dumping contracts. 

To VAN 

Konecny

Walker

Laughton

2024 2nd (they have several )

To PHI

Kuzmenko 5

Beauvellier

Podkolzin

Silovs

2025 1st 

Milky EP Konecny

Hoglander Miller Brock

Garland Laughton Suter

Aman Bluegger Joshua 

PDG

Hughes Hronek

Cole Walker

Soucy Myers 

Edited by canucks curse

I’ve seen this trade proposal/rumour up for a few days now , surprised no one has posted it.

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.canucksdaily.com/TRADE-PROPOSAL-Canucks-go-all-in-and-pay-the-price-to-fetch-Travis-Sanheim-from-Philadelphia-302547

for anyone that doesn’t click on the link, here is a picture of the proposal 

377F05F3-DE89-458D-BC6C-6703019DD31A.thumb.png.a93fc36f9a7b3f895e62f76eef051b1f.png

3 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

I’ve seen this trade proposal/rumour up for a few days now , surprised no one has posted it.

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.canucksdaily.com/TRADE-PROPOSAL-Canucks-go-all-in-and-pay-the-price-to-fetch-Travis-Sanheim-from-Philadelphia-302547

377F05F3-DE89-458D-BC6C-6703019DD31A.thumb.png.a93fc36f9a7b3f895e62f76eef051b1f.png

We need a puke emoji. Sanheim is a cap dump. He’s an awful player. The Flyers should add. This is more than we paid for a stud in Hronek! Allvin wouldn’t go anywhere near this. Not even Alf on cocaine would go this. 
9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

Take out the first and maybe.

They’d really have to be convinced Sanheim can find his game under Footer and the Gonchman though.

• Cheers 1

On 11/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, N4ZZY said:

Inthink Konecny would cost way too much to be honest. Would mean the Canucks giving up their first for sure. If we make the playoffs. I guess that might be a decent gamble? But I’d rather wait until next year to see where we are. By that time Petey’s contract will be done (right?). And if are good enough, maybe next season we take another step and go another round deeper? If that’s the case, I can definitely see acquiring Konecny for our first. 

If we make that trade, this is a line I would want to see. Move Mikheyev to the 2nd line so they can become an even better shutdown line.

Konecny - Pettersson - Podkolzin/Kuzmenko

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

58 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

a top prospect (which Nils is, he was PPG in Ahl and has shown he will project as a good 3C in NHL) plus a first and a 2nd is too much.

I would take out Aman and put in klimovich or even before podkolzin Aman 

Time to swoop in and make a deal for Risto - 50% retained. 

But in all seriousness, Sanheim is akin to Hanifin as a 2nd pair driver we really need to find a way to land. And the cost certainty there isn’t bad at all. 

Last edit: not saying this is a move that needs to be done this season, at all. Just that a real stud at #3 D has to be the next step for this management group (after re-signing Petey and Hronek, of course.)

Edited by The Duke

8 hours ago, The Duke said:

Time to swoop in and make a deal for Risto - 50% retained. 

But in all seriousness, Sanheim is akin to Hanifin as a 2nd pair driver we really need to find a way to land. And the cost certainty there isn’t bad at all. 

Last edit: not saying this is a move that needs to be done this season, at all. Just that a real stud at #3 D has to be the next step for this management group (after re-signing Petey and Hronek, of course.)

I agree that we need a legit no. 3 d man 

I’m just not sure sanheim is it for us due to the cost 

I also like Konecny and I think Laughton has Stanley Cup 3 C potential 

to VAN

konecny 

Sanheim (20% retained)

Laughton

to PHI 

Kuzmenko

Beauvellier 

Garland 

Podkolzin

Hirose

2025 1st unprotected 

Silovs 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I agree that we need a legit no. 3 d man 

I’m just not sure sanheim is it for us due to the cost 

I also like Konecny and I think Laughton has Stanley Cup 3 C potential 

to VAN

konecny 

Sanheim (20% retained)

Laughton

to PHI 

Kuzmenko

Beauvellier 

Garland 

Podkolzin

Hirose

2025 1st unprotected 

Silovs 

We do need another top four D. Sanheim isn’t that guy. He’s a cap dump. Alf on weed won’t take Sanheim. FE46EFA3-B6BB-40B5-8ADD-A2B3C97E9CF4.gif.5a995cac76546bdc4653f139e9f86706.gif

Laughton would be of interest, always good to have more C's on the roster than less!

But what does Philly want in return...Canucks want to send out cap but what other piece would we need to add to make it work. Zero interest in giving up a sweetener, we done that enough... need to keep our picks/prospects so they can be of use for us down the road as a roster player or trade bait.

Anybody even know what Philly wants right now?  Are they trying to retool?  rebuild?  fill in holes?

If they're trying to be competitive or retooling, I think they'd be looking for a top 6 centre in return (which we don't have available).

Not sure why they'd be rebuilding.  So I doubt prospects/picks would get a deal done.