[Signing] Nils Aman - two year deal with Canucks

25 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

And his little 'buddy' Beau too.

Once we replace these two with some meat hooks, we will be closer to Winning The Stanley Cup.

Yup. Fortunately Beau is up at the end of this season. Garden Gnome we are stuck with for two more. Aman and Podz are guys we need in those roles. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

But he still can't shoot.  Almost $5m AAV for a few more years?  No thanks.

Underlying stats show he's very effective on the ice.  I suspect if he was playing with Miller and Boeser he'd be on a 45 to 50pt pace.

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Underlying stats show he's very effective on the ice.  I suspect if he was playing with Miller and Boeser he'd be on a 45 to 50pt pace.

22 games; 2 goals; 7 points. 

I love Garland; he's got a lot going for himself; still can't shoot or score; still want him to be on another team; still want to get something for him in trade if at all possible.

I think Aman is an under-rated part of our future going forward. Big strong body, good center play, good defensively and can chip in offence. He's having a monster year in the AHL, point-per-game at the moment, gets called up and drops a masterclass 2 assists +3 performance with the Canucks. He was good for us last year and looks even better this year.

Raty looks like he's taking a while to develop but the two of them are such solid big strong two-way centers and I think Aman deserves the shot he's getting now with Suter out. 

19 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Aman is an under-rated part of our future going forward. Big strong body, good center play, good defensively and can chip in offence. He's having a monster year in the AHL, point-per-game at the moment, gets called up and drops a masterclass 2 assists +3 performance with the Canucks. He was good for us last year and looks even better this year.

Raty looks like he's taking a while to develop but the two of them are such solid big strong two-way centers and I think Aman deserves the shot he's getting now with Suter out. 

Aman was a great find for the Canucks and he's more than outperformed his 6th round pic.  Raty

isn't really 'taking a while to develop' when you consider that Aman is 2yrs + 8 months older.  Abby

only has two other 20yrs players on the team (Klim + Bloom), which in most cases, is considered

'entry level.'

Raty has settled into the AHL game and is climbing the stats ladder now.  He plays a solid 2-way

game and is starting to showcase his offensive talents.  He can play the style of hockey that

the Nuck's need more of.  I think he is getting closer to being an NHL player than many fans think.