[PGT] Canucks at Kraken, Battle of the I-5, Nov. 24th, 2023

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Glad you're coming around 😜

hey happy to be wrong. With him being healthy scratched a couple of times I though he was looking more like expendable depth. 

If he's really put it together, yay us. Found wallet with him still being signed at 1.1 for next season. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Man how do you take anyone out of that line up for Kuzmenko? 

Unfortunately Aman will be taken out and sent back to Abby or PDG is scratched. If Coach T sits Kuzy again these boards are going to erupt. It’s a tough decision anyway you slice it up but 5.5 million Kuzy needs to play and someone else can take a seat. 

Go Canucks 

1 hour ago, Johngould21 said:

Get him up on Petey's line for even if only a game would be nice to see. Petey looks lost out there for some reason. The chemistry between he and Kuzmenko isn't there this season for some reason. Sophomore jinx you say? Hoglander is like a dog on a bone each and every shift and I'm surprised Tocchet hasn't rewarded him the opportunity. The question is, does Aman stay up when this roster is healthy? Maybe a trade is in the works to make room for him. I will say this though, the bottom 6 on this current team hasn't been better since AV was the coach.

I feel like in the past Hogs issue was when he was out on lines with Petey he changed his game to be more finesse and not keep checking and grinding. He needs to play the third line style on the top line to be effective.  In my opinion. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I am so impressed with Hoglander. He is so strong on his skates and the puck that even when someone tries to slam him off it, they often take the brunt. Tenacious. He's also always motoring out there and generating a lot of opportunities. Just love that he's truly finding his groove and opponents are finding him hard to play against.

Dare I say he reminds me of a pre Sedin line Burrows? 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, AmyTheGma said:

Hoglander is really starting to come into his own.  That hot on Tanev really set the tone and I think was a big reason why we were able to have the big 3rd period we did.  You could tell Seattle threw everything they could at us in the first 2 periods, but being down 2 forwards for the 3rd period they did not have the legs to compete with us while we were rolling the lines.  I think that Borgstrand or whatever his name is was also out for the 3rd.  That forces them to be double shifting multiple players = game over.  Then Hoggie scores a beauty of a goal to erase all doubt.  #1 star for me tonight!

Well said Amy, many have said in the past that hits and physical play does not matter but it is essential that we are able to dish it out as much as we are able to take it. It can definitely change the look of a game. 

We have not had this type of play lately and it was good to see Hogs and Myers bring it last night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

You guys seem to argue more when we win.  I guess when we lose you just drink yourselves to sleep.

I’m going to agree with this. The overall level of mature discussion on this board lags behind the old place somewhat in my opinion. Reminds me of elementary schoolyard back and forth…maybe Junior High if I’m being generous. Place could benefit from a little firmer hand in terms of moderation I think. Also, there are some obvious trolls that seem to have free rein in here. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Well said Amy, many have said in the past that hits and physical play does not matter but it is essential that we are able to dish it out as much as we are able to take it. It can definitely change the look of a game. 

We have not had this type of play lately and it was good to see Hogs and Myers bring it last night.

I truly am amazed how in one year we went from a team that got made fun of for being easy to play against and not easy to push around to playing like this and being one of the top hitting teams.  Then all the goal scoring and winning to top it off.  All our years of pain are starting to pay off.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Unfortunately Aman will be taken out and sent back to Abby or PDG is scratched. If Coach T sits Kuzy again these boards are going to erupt. It’s a tough decision anyway you slice it up but 5.5 million Kuzy needs to play and someone else can take a seat. 

Go Canucks 

I think that RT does not give a flying you know what about our opinion here and he'll do what is the best for the team and he'll take all the heat from public opinion on himself.

10 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If anyones listening to the postgame show on 650, a caller just had a hot take that JT would go down as the most complete player in Canucks history.... And I don't hate that take.

He plays a power game, he's a great playmaker, he has a rocket of a shot, he's great on faceoffs, he plays with an edge, and now he's becoming a great defensive C. And hes doing it all while being one of the most productive players we've ever had.

Its funny because when this management team chose Miller over Horvat many were up in arms. They didn't realize how rare a player like Miller really is. I would argue that if we had Miller in 2011, we would have a Cup under our belt by now. 

What I really appreciate with him as well is players like him and Hughes, is that they do not demand the moon for their services, Vegas has similar players like Marchesault and Karlsson, they are invaluable but don't break the bank when it comes to contract demands.

Are we still concerned about all of the faceoffs that Bo won? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I mean, was there ever any real doubt about Hoglander?

404949923_10160653677590549_329857764956

Watching as it all comes to fruition.....

(I remember watching him in the World Juniors and thinking he was something special)

tbh I think there was for a bit. Under Bruce he almost seemed to take a step back. 

Tocc & Co. have been such a development home run for this team. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Its funny because when this management team chose Miller over Horvat many were up in arms. They didn't realize how rare a player like Miller really is. I would argue that if we had Miller in 2011, we would have a Cup under our belt by now. 

What I really appreciate with him as well is players like him and Hughes, is that they do not demand the moon for their services, Vegas has similar players like Marchesault and Karlsson, they are invaluable but don't break the bank when it comes to contract demands.

Are we still concerned about all of the faceoffs that Bo won? :classic_biggrin:

Sorry to say this. But as great as Kesler was being a pain in the ass to the opposition. I'll take JT on my team every time over him. As they say he's a more complete hockey player. Is he crazy passionate yes. But Ric seems to know how to keep him on an even keel. Dare I say they seem to be kindred spirits.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I think they'll probably come in around the 100 point mark, give or take.  They haven't played a lot of the top teams in their conference/division yet and I think they'll struggle there, so they need to make the most out of the games against the lower teams.

Fun fact.   We basically made EDM a lower team.   Experts pick to challenge both Vegas and Dallas to win a cup this year.    That's of course, ignored more than it should be.     Teams had to deal with some injuries and has managed about as well as expected.   EPs been off most of the season, despite the big point total (on the PP, well especially compared to last year, last year 5 x 5 he was excellent).    Who's been struggling since late Oct.    So it's not like we haven't had our fair share of hardship so far.    And it's not like we are feasting on chumps either.  

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

that peak Kes year was insane to watch. He blew up his lower body for it. JT tho is bringing something special too, and I love that energy he brings. We need grumpy dudes.

2010.   Kesler and Ryan Miller almost single handedly, beat a great Canadian team. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1