[PGT] Canucks at Kraken, Battle of the I-5, Nov. 24th, 2023

Roger Neilsons Towel

Happy with the win - I missed the first 2 periods but watching the third, it was a great team effort by everyone especially the third fourth lines  - blocked shots, zone coverage, gritty fore check.- everyone focused on getting 2 points.  Huggy JT and Petey do not have to win scoring titles to be impressive - by just getting a single point on a winning or key goal or initiating a defensive check to save a goal in a tightly battled game is just as impressive.

In the next 20 games, I hope that the team starts developing even more stability when in the lead (dump pucks out, tighter coverage - essentially just play tight checking "boring" hockey) and holding onto leads - it will serve them a bit better as the season moves forward.

Next up, San Jose (again)..

Just Win.jpg

• Vintage 1

I listened to the game on Seattle radio. I'm working tonight. Does anybody know why I can't get games broadcast on 650 on my Tune-In app? I can listen to 650 all day long, but at game time nada. Does the NHL embargo out-of-market radio broadcasts like they do TV broadcasts? I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the Nucks were playing so I thought I'd listen. No joy. Tried Tune-In, the Sportsnet app won't work in the US, I couldn't even get it off the 650 website. WTF? I know they have blackout restrictions for out of market TV when playing the home team, when the Nucks and Kracken play, I have to watch the Seattle broadcast even though I pay Xfinity for the entire Canucks season. But what the hell is up with radio, especially when they are NOT playing the home team?

11 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I listened to the game on Seattle radio. I'm working tonight. Does anybody know why I can't get games broadcast on 650 on my Tune-In app? I can listen to 650 all day long, but at game time nada. Does the NHL embargo out-of-market radio broadcasts like they do TV broadcasts? I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the Nucks were playing so I thought I'd listen. No joy. Tried Tune-In, the Sportsnet app won't work in the US, I couldn't even get it off the 650 website. WTF? I know they have blackout restrictions for out of market TV when playing the home team, when the Nucks and Kracken play, I have to watch the Seattle broadcast even though I pay Xfinity for the entire Canucks season. But what the hell is up with radio, especially when they are NOT playing the home team?

I am dealing with the same situation atm as I am in the US.  

24 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If anyones listening to the postgame show on 650, a caller just had a hot take that JT would go down as the most complete player in Canucks history.... And I don't hate that take.

He plays a power game, he's a great playmaker, he has a rocket of a shot, he's great on faceoffs, he plays with an edge, and now he's becoming a great defensive C. And hes doing it all while being one of the most productive players we've ever had.

That didn't happen to be JD Burke? 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Would a vpn be helpful perhaps?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Are they who you thought they were though? 😂

I feel like you're trying to be clever here, but it's like dollar store clever.

They did what I expect them to do, beat teams below them in the standings.  I'm not sure why that's contentious for you

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3