[PGT] Canucks at Kraken, Battle of the I-5, Nov. 24th, 2023

Roger Neilsons Towel

48 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I listened to the game on Seattle radio. I'm working tonight. Does anybody know why I can't get games broadcast on 650 on my Tune-In app? I can listen to 650 all day long, but at game time nada. Does the NHL embargo out-of-market radio broadcasts like they do TV broadcasts? I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the Nucks were playing so I thought I'd listen. No joy. Tried Tune-In, the Sportsnet app won't work in the US, I couldn't even get it off the 650 website. WTF? I know they have blackout restrictions for out of market TV when playing the home team, when the Nucks and Kracken play, I have to watch the Seattle broadcast even though I pay Xfinity for the entire Canucks season. But what the hell is up with radio, especially when they are NOT playing the home team?

I get 650 in California - thru the 'simple radio' app

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postgame-hughes-at-kraken-6341755099112

God Drance asked the same 'ugly win' question to Hughes too. "I wouldn't have called it an ugly win"

Its funny on Halford & Brough the other day he brought up trading picks for Hronek & Lafferty again (as if to bring back the criticism of those moves), then they combine for the 3-1 goal tonight. Just seems like he wants to twist things to justify his own prior views, too much self indulgence.

That's exactly right, and that's what some on this board do, as well. 

It's pathetic. It's okay to be wrong. Nobody's right, all the time. Accept it and move along.

But no... "can't let go..."

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lol okay.

So after a loss you can make a claim they’re trending down and becoming the bubble team you knew they were?

After a win they’re a team that should beat every team below them?

Can’t have it both ways! 😂

Wouldn’t that imply that we should be beating almost every team in the NHL considering we are in 4th place in the entire NHL?  

• ThereItIs 3

Most goals last 5 games:

Höglander - 4

Miller - 3

Hughes - 2

Mikheyev - 2

Lafferty - 2

Petey - 1 

Boeser - 0

Kuzmenko - 0

Höglander deserves a shot in the top 6.

Lafferty for a 5th round pick was a steal.

One of Kuzmenko or Boeser needs to be traded in the summer. 

Juulsen had a great game. We still need a RHD though if we want to go deep in the playoffs. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They’re off this week too by the time they play their next game they’ll have 5 games on hand 

well, we should focus on OUR games.
we should be worried about finals standings 15 games from the end, now we should care about playing good games, stay sharp physically and mentally. Absolutely no interest to get distracted by others teams results.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland has 2 goals this year. He shouldn’t be anywhere near our top 6. Höglander has 2 goals in his last 2 games. He’s miles ahead of Garland at this point. 

it's not about goals, its about creating chance, space, keep the puck into the Ozone, backchecking, make others guys on his line better.
Boeser does absolutly NOTHING. Garland does it all. 
put Garland with Miller. 

2 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

it's not about goals, its about creating chance, space, keep the puck into the Ozone, backchecking, make others guys on his line better.
Boeser does absolutly NOTHING. Garland does it all. 
put Garland with Miller. 

Garland does not do it all. He’s a 3rd liner. He has less goals than Lafferty. 

Boeser does absolutely nothing other than having 22 points. Garland has 5. Garland shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 6. And neither should PDG. He’s run his course in the top 6. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland does not do it all. He’s a 3rd liner. He has less goals than Lafferty. 

Boeser does absolutely nothing other than having 22 points. Garland has 5. Garland shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 6. And neither should PDG. He’s run his course in the top 6. 

Are you stoned out of your fucking mind? Wow! 

He's top 25 in the league in points, +8,  and he had numerous chances tonight. 

He actually muscles guys off of pucks along the boards. 

As far as Garland goes, yeah, point-wise, he's not contributing, but the guy's a buzz saw, he's always creating opportunity, stealing pucks, and basically causing havoc. Could we do better? Sure. But he's definitely not a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Are you stoned out of your fucking mind? Wow! 

He's top 25 in the league in points, +8,  and he had numerous chances tonight. 

He actually muscles guys off of pucks along the boards. 

As far as Garland goes, yeah, point-wise, he's not contributing, but the guy's a buzz saw, he's always creating opportunity, stealing pucks, and basically causing havoc. Could we do better? Sure. But he's definitely not a problem. 

well, English is not my native language, but i guess it was pure sarcasm with "doing nothing but being a 22 points scorer" 😉 

and i don't even agree with that, he benefits a lot from Miller play's and PP time for the apples.

but i like the way this stats lure a lot of guys, it means we can trade him for a tremendous return. 

Edited by DexM94