[PGT] Canucks at Kraken, Battle of the I-5, Nov. 24th, 2023

Roger Neilsons Towel

2 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

well, English is not my native language, but i guess it was pure sarcasm with "doing nothing but being a 22 points scorer" 😉 

and i don't even agree with that, he benefits a lot from Miller play's and PP time for the apples.

but i like the way this stats lure a lot of guys, it means we can trade him for a tremendous return. 

Huh?

I'm not even talking to you. You're replying to something I said to someone else? Awesome. Hater. 

You're obviously a Boeser hater, so go hate somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Huh?

I'm not even talking to you. You're replying to something I said to someone else? Awesome. Hater. 

You're obviously a Boeser hater, so go hate somewhere else. 

Lol... dude, he's allowed to chime in on a conversation and quote your previous comment for reference. Lots of different opinions here. No hating seen until just now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Are you stoned out of your fucking mind? Wow! 

He's top 25 in the league in points, +8,  and he had numerous chances tonight. 

He actually muscles guys off of pucks along the boards. 

As far as Garland goes, yeah, point-wise, he's not contributing, but the guy's a buzz saw, he's always creating opportunity, stealing pucks, and basically causing havoc. Could we do better? Sure. But he's definitely not a problem. 

I think you are the one that may be smoking something, as you misread my post.  I said Boeser does nothing other than having 22 points.  I was being sarcastic to the other poster who said Garland should be replacing him in the top 6.  Capiche?

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

Lol... dude, he's allowed to chime in on a conversation and quote your previous comment for reference. Lots of different opinions here. No hating seen until just now

Obviously people are "entitled" to their opinions, and it is an open discussion. 

But... when someone "chimes in" and I have to look up "why" or "how" they're even part of the conversation, and then find out, they're only looking for an opportunity to "slight" a particular player, then I call BS. And yeah, re-read his quote. He clearly doesn't like Boeser. 

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think you are the one that may be smoking something, as you misread my post.  I said Boeser does nothing other than having 22 points.  I was being sarcastic to the other poster who said Garland should be replacing him in the top 6.  Capiche?

You're the one smoking something, or dipping into Alf's secret stash. 

If you're trying to be sarcastic, then make it a little more clear. Capiche? 

Obviously people are "entitled" to their opinions, and it is an open discussion. 

But... when someone "chimes in" and I have to look up "why" or "how" they're even part of the conversation, and then find out, they're only looking for an opportunity to "slight" a particular player, then I call BS. And yeah, re-read his quote. He clearly doesn't like Boeser. 

look, i'm not a Boeser fan nor hater. i'm a CANUCKS fan since the 94 cup run. 
i want the best for the team i support since so many years. 
i do like Boeser a lot, he seems to be a really good guy, and i was glad he performed so well 15 games in, good for the team, great for him and his confidence. But his flaws seem to be back, and i need to make an effort to be hard on him to switch toward the benefit of the team instead.
i see what his does wrong, and i want to trade him now he still has really good stats to maximise the return that can put us over the top.

You're the one smoking something, or dipping into Alf's secret stash. 

If you're trying to be sarcastic, then make it a little more clear. Capiche? 

I don't really need to make things more clear for you.  I wasn't even quoting you.  Maybe there is a barn you can go burn down to let off some steam...

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Stop making shit up to try and back track on the fact that you can't even figure out when a person is being sarcastic...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Stop making shit up to try and back track on the fact that you can't even figure out when a person is being sarcastic...

You're full of shit. Go make up some more of your "brilliant" trade proposals. Beat it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Points on the board are better than games in hand....

Half cup empty mentality. 

Who knows? 

You've got to play it out. Only time will tell. 

That's why I think more positive. You usually waste negative energy over not much at all. 

What's the point? Unnecessary stress? 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

4. As for the D, the guy I would focus on is Juulsen. He had his best game of the year and, maybe for the first time this season, shows up really well in the underlying stats. He played over 17 minutes and just kept making good plays -- smart clean passes, good defensive coverage, etc. That allowed Toc to keep Hronek and Hughes down to 23 and 22 minutes, which helps a lot with a back-to-back coming up.

Great review James as usual.

One thing I thought we should bring up here because I don't see a thread of it's own (and I never make them myself so will mention it here). Juulsen played pretty ok this game, but he's still someone we need an upgrade on.

Florida Panthers just put Mike Reilly on waivers yesterday and he's a perfect waiver pick up for our team while Soucy is out. Veteran left handed D. We need that right now. And he's done his expensive 3 year contract. He is just signed for this year at 1 Mil...kinda perfect...I think we put a claim on him to stabilize things while Soucy is out. This will help balance our D pairing again. I bet we do put a claim on him, just unsure if he makes it to us. 

https://floridahockeynow.com/florida-panthers-place-mike-reilly-on-waivers/

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Hoglander is really starting to come into his own.  That hot on Tanev really set the tone and I think was a big reason why we were able to have the big 3rd period we did.  You could tell Seattle threw everything they could at us in the first 2 periods, but being down 2 forwards for the 3rd period they did not have the legs to compete with us while we were rolling the lines.  I think that Borgstrand or whatever his name is was also out for the 3rd.  That forces them to be double shifting multiple players = game over.  Then Hoggie scores a beauty of a goal to erase all doubt.  #1 star for me tonight!

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

I listened to the game on Seattle radio. I'm working tonight. Does anybody know why I can't get games broadcast on 650 on my Tune-In app? I can listen to 650 all day long, but at game time nada. Does the NHL embargo out-of-market radio broadcasts like they do TV broadcasts? I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the Nucks were playing so I thought I'd listen. No joy. Tried Tune-In, the Sportsnet app won't work in the US, I couldn't even get it off the 650 website. WTF? I know they have blackout restrictions for out of market TV when playing the home team, when the Nucks and Kracken play, I have to watch the Seattle broadcast even though I pay Xfinity for the entire Canucks season. But what the hell is up with radio, especially when they are NOT playing the home team?

Its the same for me in colorado.. i believe the radio games have gone to a subscription rate that is rather pricey..  games are blacked out but postgame and live listening are still available

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm really impressed with Aman, what he brings to the bottom 6. A strong north south game defensively.  And his wide body ties up the guts of the ice. He doesn't really hit per se, but I like the way he smothers opponents and gets them off their game. 2 points doesn't hurt either. Being a young guy he's easy to overlook for his contributions. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm really impressed with Aman, what he brings to the bottom 6. A strong north south game defensively.  And his wide body ties up the guts of the ice. He doesn't really hit per se, but I like the way he smothers opponents and gets them off their game. 2 points doesn't hurt either. Being a young guy he's easy to overlook for his contributions. 

Depth scoring.  You love to see it.

image.png.e863a6529938086af81f84174756f3c0.png

Man Åman did Åman have Åman of a game - whew

• Cheers 1

Petey and Miller held off the scoreboard and we score 5 goals, that's pretty impressive. Great scoring finally from our depth guys, Aman was huge in Abby and just had a monster game. Obviously there's no explaining why our best forward right now, Hoglander, sits on 10 minutes a night, but maybe it's because Tocc wants to keep the identity of our lines and keep our bottom-6 as grinders. Again, good to see Demko get his groove back after giving up a goal on the first shot, he stopped like 20 shots in a row or something and really kept us in it in the first period.

Got to find different ways to win games and this was a great road win with scoring from our bottom-6, some good defending and great goaltending.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

I said they were a solid playoff team, likely a wild card.  I also said the Avs game was the best game they'd played since Dallas and that they were going to need to beat teams below them to be a playoff team.  So, I'm not entirely sure what your point is

It feels like a sad attempt at baiting to me.  You used to be better than that.    

Aren’t fourth or fifth in the league? Lots of teams below us, no? 
Our guys are a 105 point team. If we play well then we have a good chance of beating any team. We have elite players at key positions and Demko. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, viking mama said:

The fact that LA has played 3 fewer games, at this stage,…may mean that the demands made upon them by their schedule may not be all 

that daunting, as of yet.

Plus we get to play LA 4 times, and haven't and won't for awhile.   Those 8 points should make it awfully important as to home ice advantage ... quite possibly playing LA in the first round too.   Either them, Vegas  or COL.    No easy first round opponent.  Unlikely anyways, home ice for sure would be great. 

All later in he season, circle Feb 29, Mar 5, 25 and April 6th  dates on the calendar. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1