[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Guy plays great going on a month and the second one thing happens, the usual.susoecys are on him, relentlessly 

It's not one thing though. And "the things" he's doing put our team in danger. High sticking one of your own? Dogpiling Petey?

His lack of self awareness, at times, is very detrimental to our team. Also, he does NOT use his size to his advantage a good deal of the time. Slashing a guy who's getting around him is hardly playing great. I like him and want to be in his corner, but that's on him. He seems a step behind at times and has to be more "alert". Think ahead of the game. Kind of like driving defensively and always leaving yourself an out.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

It will be just historic that's all.  Like Cowboys, Wagoners, Chiefs

Oops, watch out for the PC Whiners, we already lost the Edmonton Eskimos.

This is not for you @Jaimito, it is just me continuing to rant against this modern age where everybody assumes they know everything and feel they need to tell everybody else what they should be doing.  Don't should on everybody, as the man said.  (We used to have something called "The Man" back in my day.  "Won't you listen to what The Man said?" - Paul McCartney with Wings written in jail in Japan.   

(And, "once we live in a post carbon age"?  Yikes; scientifically, without carbon, we are not - live, or otherwise; but I know what you mean and we are not getting off carbon-based energy for a very long time, perhaps ever.  Electric everything is a fad, not a solution, e.g. where is all this electricity coming from?  That's right: burning coal, burning natural gas, nuclear power plants; next time you plug something in, research where that electricity comes from, unless you want to keep the blinders on, and keep spouting stuff you do not fully understand.)

Again, not for you @Jaimito; just old fart, farting.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I thought you were making fun of hoagie sandwiches and I got super triggered offended, almost lost my mind ... and then I realized you spelled it hogey and stopped crying.

Carry on. Yes, go Hogey! 

😉

I heard PA call him Hoag-Land-Ah and have called him Hogey ever since.

Everybody else seems to have gone with the NA pronunciation of hog.

Which is ok, as it goes very nicely with Podz & Hogz for example, and with a fine Ozzy Chard too I might add.

Cheers Doc!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, LionofJudah said:

Came in to find the game day thread but must have took a wrong left turn somewhere. I seem to be lost.

Go Canucks?

Just a slight detour, but the Canucks are being discussed and hopefully with great enthusiasm shortly. 

GO CANUCKS GO and for heavens sake DON'T SWAP HOGZ for KUZI!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This has been a pattern with Petey. Not just this season. Seems prone to stretches of inconsistently. Most stars have the same issues , but seem seem to have that special ability to pull themselves out of it sooner. Not sure Pettersson has that special ability like some of the other superstars do.

30 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's not one thing though. And "the things" he's doing put our team in danger. High sticking one of your own? Dogpiling Petey?

His lack of self awareness, at times, is very detrimental to our team. Also, he does NOT use his size to his advantage a good deal of the time. Slashing a guy who's getting around him is hardly playing great. I like him and want to be in his corner, but that's on him. He seems a step behind at times and has to be more "alert".

I completely agree. 

He was an absolute disaster to begin the season. So bad... that announcers on Sportsnet, TSN, and the "Honey Badger" were "discussing" Myer's "brain-farts." 

It wasn't until around 10 to 12 games ago, that he finally settled down. 

I want him to succeed too. He is on our team. But his "IQ" isn't that bright. He needs to keep his game at the simplest level possible. 

There's a real good reason why people call him the "Chaos Giraffe." 

Yet, some people are either major fanboys, completely out to lunch, or just trying to stir the pot. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Came in to find the game day thread but must have took a wrong left turn somewhere. I seem to be lost.

Go Canucks?

Apologies man; and to everybody; I need a thicker skin; I got flamed and responded, sorry.

GO CANUCKS (indeed)!

A win today and we are riding with the king:

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People said ... let's see where they are at 20 games or US Thanksgiving.

Well ...

Just behind Vegas in our division. Most goals in the league. Outstanding goal differential.

Screenshot_20231125-124053.png.90068a9cb3c3d637212103d350f77e22.png

"yeah....but........"

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People said ... let's see where they are at 20 games or US Thanksgiving.

Well ...

Just behind Vegas in our division. Most goals in the league. Outstanding goal differential.

Screenshot_20231125-124053.png.90068a9cb3c3d637212103d350f77e22.png

Only 2 pts away from NHL lead now.  

Vegas will probably win tonight and retake that lead.  

Pretty good team, the Nux are. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2