[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

11 minutes ago, Falcons said:

Ya catching sharks removing their fins for soup and throwing them back into the ocean to die is fucking hilarious 

How many disclaimers should I have put in?  "Not PC" "comedy is not pretty" etc.

If anything, it high-lighted the issue.

Sure a good way to flush out the overly-sensitive though; jeez, get over yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

How many disclaimers should I have put in?  "Not PC" "comedy is not pretty" etc.

Sure a good way to flush out the overly-sensitive thought; jeez, get over yourselves.

Yah, because we don’t take delight in cruelty to animals, wanton waste of resources and disregard for fishing ethics it’s our fault. 

Give your head a shake and own your mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Did anyone in this thread do that? It's a joke. A dark sense of humor is the best sense of humor.

And, according to Kim, North Korea is Best Korea; he wasn't joking, but it was funny as hell, which is more like North Korea anyway.

Louis CK (?) was really funny and I could not believe the stuff he said and did.

But that was the kicker, he did stuff that was hurtful, i.e. he actually did bad stuff.

So he got his pee-pee whacked, and not in a good way.

I will admit wanting the powers that be jettison the Chaos Giraffe for a bag of used pucks earlier this year. However, the stats below have changed my mind, a little bit at least. While 40 points is certainly within striking distance for The Big Easy, over 30 points on the year combined with a plus/minus over 10 and keeping Tocchet's trust I would almost say, he is worth resigning around $1.5M for 3 years. 

image.thumb.png.779aa64b04c626141e82507885062bb3.png

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Yah, because we don’t take delight in cruelty to animals, wanton waste of resources and disregard for fishing ethics it’s our fault. 

It wasn't a mistake; I prefaced it with disclaimers; and it was funny.

If you knew how I stand on the issue, and all other related issues, you would not take this erroneous and judgmental stance.

Shake your own head, Bud, and have a laugh. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Not showing support of shark finning as I am not up on the scientific data of it. I believe it is being over done and in turn causing population and ecosystem concerns in which case I would object to it - but again, I am not very current on this matter.

However,… it is important to consider all perspectives and realize that population management is an important tool in overall conservation for multiple species. Not everyone will agree with tactics such as culls but we need to realize there is more than one way to look at a matter.

I for one support the scientific approach to conservation even when that can be ugly such as culls of deer in over populated areas. Look at the fallow deer impacts on ecosystems in some areas of our west coast for instance. 

also, if it is NOT hateful we shouldn’t judge other people’s sense of humour. If we don’t like it we can scroll on (assuming there is no hate speech)

cheers

go Canucks go

Edited by canucklehead53
Missed a word…whoops
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Sure a good way to flush out the overly-sensitive though; jeez, get over yourselves.

Again not funny just disturbing .

Humans destroying our planet will never get a laugh . Now the oilers that’s funny 

• Like 1