[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

21 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People said ... let's see where they are at 20 games or US Thanksgiving.

Well ...

Just behind Vegas in our division. Most goals in the league. Outstanding goal differential.

Screenshot_20231125-124053.png.90068a9cb3c3d637212103d350f77e22.png

nearly everyone would be considering us a lock for the playoffs at this point if our record wasn’t so poor the last few years…errr decade 😞 

46 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

NHL top 4 at the moment

Bruins 31 pts GP 19

Vegas 30 GP 20

Rangers 29 GP 18

Nux 29 GP 21

Rangers leading Bruins 5-3 after two now, and can take NHL lead today with least amount of games played. 

Potentially a three way tie at 31pts. 

Vegas and Kings likey win at home tonight. Race is tight. 

Pretty crazy. 

I feel like  we can run with the best of them. 

We took rangers to OT and got screwed by refs in OT. 

We carried the play for the first 2 periods against Avs. 

Our lack of depth on D is really the only issue with this team. Aman showed well and we have Podz still waiting while we have a extra forward roatingin the bottom 6 and all looking strong. 

I really hope PA adds another D. 

Once we lost Soucy, we looked like we were in over our heads but Juulsen and Friedman have stepped up and D looks more stable now. If we add another D and Soucy comes back, we'll look pretty formidable going into the playoffs. Especially if Wolanin is healthy for additional depth. 

Is Bear a good enough upgrade or do we need more? 

Hughes Hronek 

Bear Cole 

Soucy Myers 

Friedman

Juulsen

4 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Shark's Fin Soup tonight folks; not PC but yummy.

(Remember Kiddies: Comedy is not pretty.)

San Jose be doin' the Juolevi Bag Skate Dance.

C'mon everybody!  Let's roll with the fishes:

DJhCmeq.gif

So you get on your high horse and give me some cuck boy response because I said Juulsen ‘stinks’, which he does, but you make jokes like this.  

You need to reassess your personality, because you’re a major hypocrite. 
Your true colours have shown and they stink worse than Juulsen’s game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

..... Especially if Wolanin is healthy for additional depth. 

Is Bear a good enough upgrade or do we need more? 

Hughes Hronek 

Bear Cole 

Soucy Myers 

Friedman

Juulsen

Unless a deal came out of the woodwork that blows the collective pants off of JR and PA, I would love to see Bear in a Canucks uniform. That would require waiving (at the very least) some players that probably would get picked up - i.e. Juulsen, Friedman. 

What would be a pants blown off type of move, well, the Chaos Giraffe packaged with Garland for draft picks and a RHD coming back. Who would be the RHD as we would be giving up some chemistry Garland is finally having with Joshua and Blueger? Perhaps someone like Peeke. 

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Unless a deal came out of the woodwork that blows the collective pants off of JR and PA, I would love to see Bear in a Canucks uniform. That would require waiving (at the very least) some players that probably would get picked up - i.e. Juulsen, Friedman. 

What would be a pants blown off type of move, well, the Chaos Giraffe packaged with Garland for draft picks and a RHD coming back. Who would be the RHD as we would be giving up some chemistry Garland is finally having with Joshua and Blueger? Perhaps someone like Peeke. 

Yes you have to give up something to get something but I love how all 4 lines are contributing. This is the strongest bottom 6 I can ever recall in all my time watching the Canucks. It would be tough to lose this chemistry and the ability to roll 4 lines. 

Garland and Joshua have seemed to. Form a really good connection. They look good with both Suter as well as Bleuger. If they are able to elevate each others play, keeping Garland might be worthwhile.  

It would suck if our 3rd line loses that bite and ability to score once Garland is traded. If Joshua regressed back to Joshua of the past without Garland, it would be a huge loss. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

So you get on your high horse and give me some cuck boy response because I said Juulsen ‘stinks’, which he does, but you make jokes like this.  

You need to reassess your personality, because you’re a major hypocrite. 
Your true colours have shown and they stink worse than Juulsen’s game. 

Thanks man; I needed that.

WARNING: The following has nothing, or very little, to do with being a Canucks Fan:

And, you are correct: I am a hypocrite.

It is difficult to not be a hypocrite when all your life you have been supported by forestry, fishing, and mining and then learn that your entitlement and continued behaviour is killing the planet.  My life if full of hypocrisy.

On the Canucks; I don't like it when people trash on Canucks, but I do it myself.

I complain about destruction of the forests and oceans, yet had sockeye salmon for dinner last night by the fir-firewood fire.

I don't know the way out of these things, but I try.

I own my house; but it is on native land, stolen native land, and built with stolen lumber, by people who thought they were doing the right things.

I could pay for it because I had great education and other great opportunities, to get "a leg up" which I learned is this White Entitlement stuff, a very real thing.

e.g. I phoned the local office of the band (do we still call them 'bands', I don't know, but I'm trying to learn) that 'my land' sits on.  I told the man on the phone that I owned a house I was pretty sure was on their land.  He said, "What are you going to do about it?" and hung up.  We both have a ways to go.

I LOVE THE CANUCKS AND THE WAY THEY ARE SUCCEEDING THIS SEASON!  GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I'll skip the shark fin soup and have some Prime Rib instead..While watching the Orca kill the sharks.

403677324_10163459076984768_7600214626060524813_n.jpg.0f2b04fde0ae738d49d91db6cec74a68.jpg

Hy's amazing. 

Cheese bread

French onion soup

Caesar salad 

I always go have dinner there when I visit Whistler.  

I'm hungry now.  

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

What the.... That's outstanding 

I want Hy's now

LOL, that's what happened back then too.

That place was jumpin' (50's expression), or the place was rockin', not really that either, but there was a loud Canucks fandom goin' on, for sure.

And the Coliseum was a lot more user-friendly than the new barn, walk up, buy a scalped 'standing room only' ticket and wait for a seat left open in the Suits Section.

Big Beer Bar Party downstairs with all the drunken fool amenities, like tables to stand on and yell your fool head off, washrooms like open sewers, everything! 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

If they killed and ate the sharks, ok.  Catching them, cutting off their fins while they're alive and dumping them into the ocean to drown is horrific

I can't believe how many people are ok with someone posting that gif.  

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just eat the whole animal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1