[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I believe if Aman plays one more game he’s waiver eligible.

Might not be up to the coaching staff.

Interesting. So Aman would immediately have to clear waivers after that next game? i.e. There's no waiver exempt period for a demotion after the most recent recall (which would apply to an already player who has already cleared waivers previously)?

18 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Interesting. So Aman would immediately have to clear waivers after that next game? i.e. There's no waiver exempt period for a demotion after the most recent recall (which would apply to an already player who has already cleared waivers previously)?

Call ups get 10 games or 30 days to be returned back without waivers I think.  I'm not sure how it applies in this case

51 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Thanks man; I needed that.

WARNING: The following has nothing, or very little, to do with being a Canucks Fan:

And, you are correct: I am a hypocrite.

It is difficult to not be a hypocrite when all your life you have been supported by forestry, fishing, and mining and then learn that your entitlement and continued behaviour is killing the planet.  My life if full of hypocrisy.

On the Canucks; I don't like it when people trash on Canucks, but I do it myself.

I complain about destruction of the forests and oceans, yet had sockeye salmon for dinner last night by the fir-firewood fire.

I don't know the way out of these things, but I try.

I own my house; but it is on native land, stolen native land, and built with stolen lumber, by people who thought they were doing the right things.

I could pay for it because I had great education and other great opportunities, to get "a leg up" which I learned is this White Entitlement stuff, a very real thing.

e.g. I phoned the local office of the band (do we still call them 'bands', I don't know, but I'm trying to learn) that 'my land' sits on.  I told the man on the phone that I owned a house I was pretty sure was on their land.  He said, "What are you going to do about it?" and hung up.  We both have a ways to go.

I LOVE THE CANUCKS AND THE WAY THEY ARE SUCCEEDING THIS SEASON!  GO CANUCKS GO!

Wow, did somebody hit a nerve or something?:classic_wacko:

43 minutes ago, stawns said:

If they killed and ate the sharks, ok.  Catching them, cutting off their fins while they're alive and dumping them into the ocean to drown is horrific

I can't believe how many people are ok with someone posting that gif.  

Tbh I didn't even see the gif. I was just being cheeky.

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Aman never had to clear waivers when he was sent down (which was a big reason why he was)

Once he plays one more game he will require waivers to be sent down. 

They’re doing a very careful dance with cap space and roster spots right now so I’m not sure they wanna take away that flexibility.

Aman will be with the big club but it might not be till we move someone.

Abby just scored against - down 2 - 1 with under 2 mins left

Edit: 3 - 1 down with Wranglers empty netter

2nd edit:  3 -1 Final.  Abby falls to 10 -5 -1 and  Calgary goes to 13 - 3 - 1

Edited by Googlie
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Aman never had to clear waivers when he was sent down (which was a big reason why he was)

They’re doing a very careful dance with cap space and roster spots right now so I’m not sure they wanna take away that flexibility.

Makes sense. Once Aman loses waiver exemption, other GMs will try to take advantage of us knowing we need to offload someone. 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes, the decision to call up Aman was essentially a decision play him on the big team for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, JamesB said:

Yes, the decision to call up Aman was essentially a decision play him on the big team for the rest of the season.

Not necessarily.

They could still send him down. All depends how long Suter is gonna be out.

I doubt they wanna carry 14 forwards with our D situation.

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not necessarily.

They could still send him down. All depends how long Suter is gonna be out.

I doubt they wanna carry 14 forwards with our D situation.

When does an emergency call up (not count against waivers) apply? I seem to recall the Canucks did that earlier this year but not clear on circumstances surrounding it.

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Damn it, first game I'll miss this year. 

Going on a date to a fancy restaurant, doubt they'll have the game on TV. 

Probably best they don’t if you want date to go well. 
Unless it’s Deb then they better have the game on. 

• Haha 3

just looking at the old cap friendly, Allvin is developing quite a decent bargain bottom 6. Assuming we can get Blueger and Suter back on similar deals:

Blueger - 1.9

Suter - 1.6

Hogs - 1.1

Lafferty 1.1

Aman 883k

PDG 775k

and maybe 

Podz around 1 mil if he's ready. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

These games against the lower teams are always scary. The team knows they have Vegas in 2 games. The next two are SJS and ANA. I worry that they will overlook one or both of these teams. So far, Rick seems to have them ready and not looking ahead. I hope they come out on fire. 

I think Tocchet is applying some of this liberally so no overlooking will be going on.

foghorn-leghorn-looney-tunes.gif

• Haha 2