[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Agreed, it's beyond cruel 

Everyone should watch Gordon Ramsay's documentary Shark Bait. Each year a 100 million a year (not a typo), get this treatment world wide. 

Sorry this is not Canucks related, but it's humanity related and thought I would share.

• Cheers 3

Maybe it's a good thing these teams -- Rangers, Kings, even Winnipeg -- are all around us now. Yes, the schedule and travel tired us out but I have wondered lately if, given how their fast start left us almost alone with Vegas, we (the team) had subconsiously become tired from winning. 

It happens. When the hunger to win is satisfied a kind of loss of direction can set in. It's uncharted territory for this team after all, and staying at the top requires another kind of adjustment (and more effort). 

Tocchet is up to the task, i'm sure. We (the fans) just have get used to having more competition while we try find that other gear. 

When we do, we can call ourselves elite. 

Edited by Inkidu

4 minutes ago, Inkidu said:

Maybe it's a good thing these teams -- Rangers, Kings, even Winnipeg -- are all around us now. Yes, the schedule and travel tired us out but I have wondered lately if, given how their fast start left us almost alone with Vegas, we (the team) had subconsiously become tired from winning. 

It happens. When the hunger to win is satisfied a kind of loss of direction can set in. It's uncharted territory for this team after all, and staying at the top requires another kind of adjustment (and more effort). 

Tocchet is up to the task, i'm sure. We (the fans) just have get used to having more competition while we try find that other gear. 

When we do, we can call ourselves elite. 

It's easier to get to the top, then it is to stay at the top.

• Like 1

As a conscientious vegetarian I appreciate the important topic shark fin harvesting. Dont support cruel or wasteful actions towards the beings we share this planet with!

Now, as a Canucks fan I would like our pretend Orcas to pretend devour those pretend Sharks by any means necessary.

Go Nucks 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

As a conscientious vegetarian I appreciate the important topic shark fin harvesting. Dont support cruel or wasteful actions towards the beings we share this planet with!

Now, as a Canucks fan I would like our pretend Orcas to pretend devour those pretend Sharks by any means necessary.

Go Nucks 

It is very rare to see, and rarely happens, but the little video footage out there has the Orca quite easily winning all the battles against the Great White. I feel this will also be the outcome tonight.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CaptainQuin said:

I only have one thing to say …

if aquaman drops the S word tonight, we should get a thread going to ban him for trolling lol 

Who?

The owner? is he gonna tweet again?

Just now, Vancan said:

It is very rare to see, and rarely happens, but the little video footage out there has the Orca quite easily winning all the battles against the Great White. I feel this will also be the outcome tonight.

I live water front on a bay with many Sealions.

We get Orcas in a few times a year....I'm always like ...'wow, look at those big black cool fins...apex predators of the entire ocean, meters away'....then they turn and start heading toward the log booms where the awesome Sealions hang out and then my thoughts go to..." get the F' out of here Orcas! locals only Mother F*ckers!'

I know I am a hypocrite as I often see the sealions munching down on  poor salmon. 

Stupid nature.

Hopefully no let down after yesterdays solid victory - really not much more to say about new strategies or game plans as this is already their 3rd meeting this season.  My take is if the SJ goalie stands on his head like last time, Canucks will need to drive to the net more often and get those screens,  greasy rebounds and goals. Most of the Pacific division teams are built with heavy gritty rosters - so the Canucks might as well get used to playing against this style with future games against Anaheim, Vegas, LA - teams they will need to beat  to stay in the playoff bar.

The Canucks are favoured tonight but really does not mean anything as ANY NHL team can beat another on a given night particularly if one team is not ready - so please play a full 60 m, outwork the Sharks, stay out the box -  hope we get the positive results tonight.

Just Win.jpg

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Go Nucks 

Mother nature is indifferent 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

That franchise hadThornton, Boyle, Couture, Clowe, Desjardins, dirtbag Murray among many others. Fuck them, show no mercy. 

Paveski, Marleau, Burns, Karlsson should be mentioned, assuming they played for SJ during this win streak. Not that I care about the Sharks, just to pump the Canucks tires up more.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Some feel he was directing that statement against Drancer. 

Do you really think Tocchet gives a (insert four-letter expletive of your choice here) what Drance thinks? Because to care about what Drance thinks means that the team values his opinion and advice on how to build a winning hockey team. Yeah, no. Tocchet has his own mentors; he doesn't need or want Drance to be one of them.