[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Game was lost in the first two mins of third 

Uncharacteristic.  Usually they get a better third.  

Lick their wounds and start a new win streak..

Lot of div games that really matter coming up. Dux, Vegas, flames.   

Maybe this loss is the one that makes them realize they can lose

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Anyone else think they should scratch Pettersson and Miller? I think they’re badly injured. 

Petey, yes. But I don't think he's injured. I just think he stinks right now. 2 days off and we play 7 of our next 8 at home. Maybe he can play through it now that we don't travel much for the next 3 weeks. I'd scratch him just to send a message though. But not at home. Lol. Fans won't like that.

• Thanks 1

Extremely embarrassing loss but I'm of two minds.

One is that they honestly had a ton of chances, more high danger chances than SJ for, and were very unlucky not to score on more than a few of them. A couple bounces & its an entirely different game. 

The downside is SJ clearly wanted it more than we did from start to finish, and our luls allowed them to take it. Then of course just that we lost to one of the worst teams in NHL history.

I dunno, credit to SJ. Maybe we need this wake-up call. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Petey, yes. But I don't think he's injured. I just think he stinks right now. 2 days off and we play 7 of our next 8 at home. Maybe he can play through it now that we don't travel much for the next 3 weeks. I'd scratch him just to send a message though. But not at home. Lol. Fans won't like that.

I bet they also think that they might drive Petey out of vancouver if they scratch him 

6 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Anyone else think they should scratch Pettersson and Miller? I think they’re badly injured. 

Petey isn't his normal self and has not been for some time now. Not sure about Miller.

Team is going nowhere without their top 2 centermen, though. That's guaranteed.

Edited by 1-d

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

3 lucky assists his play was dogshit for the most part. If it wasn’t he would have tied it with that prime chance at the end. 

Bud he is 4th in league scoring. He had a off night and still got 3 "lucky" points. All the good he has done this year, and your going with dogshit comments with a game???. Its bedtime son. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Are you really going to compare probably the best team ever assembled to the Canucks?

The topic was good teams don't play .500 hockey. The 85 Oilers were a great team that played .500 for a month. Things can be brought up while not being a direct comparison. 

Are the Canucks as good as the 2010 Hawks? No, but they had a stretch of 10 straight losses that year.  So good teams do have poor stretches while not being a direct comparison… 

• Cheers 1