[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Avs recently lost to the Preds, Sabres, Blues, Knights ... got beaten bad in some of those. It happens. We have to be able to get back into the win column asap and keep getting better.

Y. Avs lost 7-0 to Vegas.

Let in two goals in the final min and lost to preds. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Bud he is 4th in league scoring. He had a off night and still got 3 "lucky" points. All the good he has done this year, and your going with dogshit comments with a game???. Its bedtime son. 

Good players can have a dogshit game, I’ve praised Miller all year. 

Just now, Canuck You said:

I have been saying this, Teams have figured us out..to beat us, Just block lanes..those one-time slappers are gone by Pete and anything we get off get's blocked..not early n the season anymore..Back to the drawing board.

Gonna be a tough row to hoe if they can't score 5v5

3 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Lol. They aren't trading him, star players always get their money 

people keep talking Petey as a mcdavid or a matthews but I would rather keep Boeser and Millar. If Petey wants to win a cup he needs to sign a reasonable deal.

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

But why were we even in that position? Tied at 2 after 2? If they played the way they did in the final 8 minutes, it wouldnt even be close

Ya they just had to play a simple road game and wait for mistakes if they were tired. They sort of gave up in the first two min of the third. If they had played the

way they did the last ten

min of the third, they would have won. Disappointing.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Caught only the last 8 minutes. Compete canucks domination. How did we lose this? 

I hate to singularly blame any player, especially Myers because he has been an easy target. However, Myers had a dreadful game and took two penalties while adding nothing good to the game. He is THE chaos giraffe that you add to your team for joke reasons.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Caught only the last 8 minutes. Compete canucks domination. How did we lose this? 

Came out flat in the first minute of the 3rd. Made Mikael Grandlund looked like Connor McDavid when he scored.

That would've been fine, but at the drop of the puck after the goal in center ice, Myers decides to highstick the guy and then that leads to a 4 on 3 powerplay and they scored again.

It really was just a bad 1 minute and half of the 3rd that cost us.

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

But why were we even in that position? Tied at 2 after 2? If they played the way they did in the final 8 minutes, it wouldnt even be close

Some days you don't have it.

Some days the bounce doesn't go your way (called off Laffy goal).

Even with a poor second, they had entire third to salvage a pt.  Instead, they gave up 2 freebies.  

How often you see a forward go coast to coast on Nux and score, esp through QH and Hornek?  A forward who hasn't scored this season yet? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

people keep talking Petey as a mcdavid or a matthews but I would rather keep Boeser and Millar. If Petey wants to win a cup he needs to sign a reasonable deal.

Boeser has been dog shit for 4 years.  A great start to the season with an unsustainable shooting percentage and you're ready to keep him over Pettersson? That's a take 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

blah blah blah. It was lazy. Who else you going to call fake fans my lord? King Canuck 73_3 is declaring who’s fake and who’s not. His word is gospel. 

Notice no one else negative is getting called out but you and RU Serious by most.  I call it like I see it this has been your schtick for years and it is tired. 

Just now, PureQuickness said:

I hate to singularly blame any player, especially Myers because he has been an easy target. However, Myers had a dreadful game and took two penalties while adding nothing good to the game. He is THE chaos giraffe that you add to your team for joke reasons.

His game has gone downhill since years ago,he used to be quite the tower back in his junior days

Petterson had a worse game than Myers.

And the Miller/Beau/Boeser line had Cole and Juuleson most of the time... Boeser still got 2 goals eh?

• Cheers 1

Just now, bertuzzi44fan said:

His game has gone downhill since years ago,he used to be quite the tower back in his junior days

I think he just needs a new change of scenery at this point. It's not getting any better, despite him showing flashes of brilliance for some games. His name chaos giraffe is so aptly appropriate and I've NEVER been a Myers hater.

I think he just needs a new change of scenery at this point. It's not getting any better, despite him showing flashes of brilliance for some games. His name chaos giraffe is so aptly appropriate and I've NEVER been a Myers hater.

Deserves the Alex Manoah special,lol