[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks, Nov 25, 7PM PST, SAP Center - Da Smash-em, Bash-em and Rack Up Da Points Game

Rocket-68

Surprises from the Canucks this Year  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the most unlikely / likely outcome / surprise from our beloved Canucks (Multiple Choice Allowed)

• Demko / DeSmith win the Jennings!
    • Petey drops to below 50 points on the year.
    • Are you on crack with #2, Petey will top 130 points and win the Hart!
    • Tyler Myers breaks 40 points while quietly earning trust / respect of the coaches. As a bonus, resigned for 3 years at $1.5M per year in the off season
    • JT wins the Selke
    • Huggy will win the Norris just barely beating out Makar
    • .... you missed one dear author, see my [poster] comment below

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Not necessarily.

They could still send him down. All depends how long Suter is gonna be out.

I doubt they wanna carry 14 forwards with our D situation.

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I hope there's a trade in the works then

We have too many forwards and no cap space. 

There is always uncertainty, but I think it is very unlikely that the Canucks send Aman down before waivers kick in (and it may be too late already). And there is no way the Canucks will expose Aman to waivers. 

So far this season the Canucks have only had 7 healthy D-men on the roster most of the time anyway. I see no problem with continuing that as Abby is so close. 

As for a trade, the Canucks have been trying for a while. The obvious candidate would be Beauvillier and that would free up enough cap space to sign Bear (even assuming some retention on Beauvillier). But I would not hold my breath.

With Soucy on LTIR there is no immediate concern about cap space and, even when he comes back, a 22-man roster can fit under the cap. 

10 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Do you really think Tocchet gives a (insert four-letter expletive of your choice here) what Drance thinks? Because to care about what Drance thinks means that the team values his opinion and advice on how to build a winning hockey team. Yeah, no. Tocchet has his own mentors; he doesn't need or want Drance to be one of them.

What I like about Tocchet is that when asked a stupid question from media or a leading question intended to get headline quote, he politely directs it and tell it from his perspective, without being snarky or avoidant.   That's different from TG, who gets visibily annoyed.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Huggy Bear 1

Posting gifs of finless sharks… is that the joke? Make me feel mighty sick and I have to go to the hospital. Is that the joke? That while the I’m on the operating table, a man is rushed in 'cause he was in a car accident and he has a metal bolt through his head? But he bleeds out in the waiting room cuz the doctors are too busy trying to shove two meatballs in my scrotum and cake batter back in my penis? Is that the joke? On the man's widow? You got her OP, you reeeeally got her.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Humourous listening the HNIC going on about the blossoming star Sheldon Knues and his (now) 6 goals playing Mathews and marner....... Meanwhile Hogz has 7 playing 4th line mins with Lafferty

Looking forward to when the Rangers or the Bruins knock em out in the first round.

• Cheers 1

To me, this game is a measuring stick for the Canucks. Back to back is never easy no matter who you are playing. I hate using this phrase

but it's "imperative", these games are won. WE have looked a little nonchalant at times playing lesser teams. Let's go on the assumption the Boys 

are aware. One thing for sure; Rick will remind them.....

16 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Do you really think Tocchet gives a (insert four-letter expletive of your choice here) what Drance thinks? Because to care about what Drance thinks means that the team values his opinion and advice on how to build a winning hockey team. Yeah, no. Tocchet has his own mentors; he doesn't need or want Drance to be one of them.

Drance stated in the post game interview that it was an “ugly” win and those who witnessed it noticed that Tocchet bristled at the statement. 

And to comment on someone is not necessarily to validate their opinions but to call them out. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What I like about Tocchet is that when asked a stupid question from media or a leading question intended to get headline quote, he politely directs it and tell it from his perspective, without being snarky or avoidant.   That's different from TG, who gets visibily annoyed.  

Or could do the Petey death stare. 

image.png.5495f88d3c3fc57b3762ce4c24f31665.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Posting gifs of finless sharks… is that the joke? Make me feel mighty sick and I have to go to the hospital. Is that the joke? That while the I’m on the operating table, a man is rushed in 'cause he was in a car accident and he has a metal bolt through his head? But he bleeds out in the waiting room cuz the doctors are too busy trying to shove two meatballs in my scrotum and cake batter back in my penis? Is that the joke? On the man's widow? You got her OP, you reeeeally got her.

360-lid-open.gif

5 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

How many disclaimers should I have put in?  "Not PC" "comedy is not pretty" etc.

If anything, it high-lighted the issue.

Sure a good way to flush out the overly-sensitive though; jeez, get over yourselves.

Don't worry; the terminally-offended needed to hit their quota for the day. 

• Haha 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

This is the strangest GDT i've read in while.

Therefore I predict a weird game.

Petey gets in a fight, Myers with a hat trick, and Hogs scores a lacrosse goal. 

I was just hoping Pizza Phil would break his scoring slump. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Tocchet gets frustrated and laces em back up, winning it in OT. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

I will admit wanting the powers that be jettison the Chaos Giraffe for a bag of used pucks earlier this year. However, the stats below have changed my mind, a little bit at least. While 40 points is certainly within striking distance for The Big Easy, over 30 points on the year combined with a plus/minus over 10 and keeping Tocchet's trust I would almost say, he is worth resigning around $1.5M for 3 years. 

image.thumb.png.779aa64b04c626141e82507885062bb3.png

These are the Salad Days of Tyler Myers.

Enjoy them. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If Myers gets a hatter I’ll run down Robson Street naked wearing only my ugs 

Edited by Ladyluck
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Tocchet gets frustrated and laces em back up, winning it in OT. 

Anyone see the clip that Squire Barnes had on the Global News last night? Tocchet was part of the '89 Summit series, and with all the star power on the roster, Mike Keenan threw his line out on the ice as Canada was trailing 2-0. Tocchet scored it turned out, after he said "you f'in kidding Mike". Then Mario and Gretzky teamed up for what I call one of the all time great goals in hockey history.

Edited by Johngould21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Sounds like a strong game plan. Come out hot, finish the 2nd 6-0 then mail it in and kinda sleep through the 3rd.

Yes!

Spend the 3rd with the rest of the team trying to duplicate Hogs' lacrosse goal, annoying the Sharks for our amusement. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1