(PGT) Canucks at Sharks

PhillipBlunt

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Seems like they've lost their urgency after getting off to this start.

Its one good game, one bad game, one good period, one bad period.

They gotta get back on a run of good play. Maybe this is the wake-up call they need.

This reminds me of the old Canucks. One bad game every third game... 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

It's actually very similar to the streak they went on when BB took over.  Lots of things went right, but they really leaned hard on spectacular goaltending for a large chunk of those wins, so it looked better on paper than it did on the ice.

I don't know. I think they've had their moments in the game where they've actually looked good. Take the game against Seattle, not a great 2nd but they overcame alot in the 1st & dominated the 3rd.

In Colorado they played quite well it was just some key mistakes against a team that didn't make any.

They have moments but are having trouble sustaining it. Also its an 82 game season, no one is going to be 110% every time but they need to be playing well more often than they have lately.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't know. I think they've had their moments in the game where they've actually looked good. Take the game against Seattle, not a great 2nd but they overcame alot in the 1st & dominated the 3rd.

In Colorado they played quite well it was just some key mistakes against a team that didn't make any.

They have moments but are having trouble sustaining it. Also its an 82 game season, no one is going to be 110% every time but they need to be playing well more often than they have lately.

Of course, they're not playing poorly 100% of the time, but I don't think they've looked for dangerous, on the whole, for most of November.

November's a brutal schedule, their third 3 games in 4 nights in the last 15 days.  Sucks they lose to the damn guppies, but I can imagine they're more than a bit tired. 

Hell, their only 3 game home stand was also 3 games in 4 nights, albeit back in October.

No back to back games for 3 weeks now, so that should help, along with a proper home stand.

Hopefully that's their biggest issue, but it would sure be nice to see Petey back to his old self.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Anyone who thinks the Canucks are going from a non-playoff team to a top team in a straight linear path is not being realistic. There are and will be steps backward. The ability to re-focus on what works for them is the key. The coaching staff needs to be tough on this group. Not always fun, but hard work is the way forward. They have to block out the noise and prove things to themselves, scoreboard results are kind of secondary in the process. 

I suspect the team will be okay. They've played 13/22 games on the road and the recent schedule has been hectic. No excuses, but no reason to freak out either.  

Playoffs will do,go from there

• Cheers 2

not gonna lie, we can't keep using excuses like "tired team" or let it go just because we played another back-to-back. 

as a team you will literally be mentally and physically tired if you make it into the playoffs. 

we have a lot of good things and improvements since last year, but this is another lesson we need to learn.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Seems like they've lost their urgency after getting off to this start.

Its one good game, one bad game, one good period, one bad period.

They gotta get back on a run of good play. Maybe this is the wake-up call they need.

Basically we're back to .500 hockey. Win one lose one. At that pace other teams will catch us in the standings 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HuggyCareBear said:

not gonna lie, we can't keep using excuses like "tired team" or let it go just because we played another back-to-back. 

as a team you will literally be mentally and physically tired if you make it into the playoffs. 

we have a lot of good things and improvements since last year, but this is another lesson we need to learn.

3rd 3 games in 4 night stretch in 16 days tired team is valid here. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Anyone who thinks the Canucks are going from a non-playoff team to a top team in a straight linear path is not being realistic. There are and will be steps backward. The ability to re-focus on what works for them is the key. The coaching staff needs to be tough on this group. Not always fun, but hard work is the way forward. They have to block out the noise and prove things to themselves, scoreboard results are kind of secondary in the process. 

I suspect the team will be okay. They've played 13/22 games on the road and the recent schedule has been hectic. No excuses, but no reason to freak out either.  

Do they need the who are we to think we are anybody speech again? 

As horrible as that loss is to eat, the team may have just realized again what they need to do to win. They absolutely dominated the last 15 minutes. The sharks had 3 whole clean exits in 15 minutes and they weren't shelling up.

This may be the kick in the ass the team needed. Petey finally showed up.

We just needed Myers not to be Myers that night and he went full Myers. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Basically we're back to .500 hockey. Win one lose one. At that pace other teams will catch us in the standings 

On the plus side if our big slump is playing .500 hockey... maybe we'll be alright.

Difficult stretch lately, gotta come ready for Anaheim & Vegas. Not much more to say than that. 

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

As horrible as that loss is to eat, the team may have just realized again what they need to do to win. They absolutely dominated the last 15 minutes. The sharks had 3 whole clean exits in 15 minutes and they weren't shelling up.

It was vintage Tyler Myers tonight... as I count down the months till his contract expires.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Kragar said:

November's a brutal schedule, their third 3 games in 4 nights in the last 15 days.  Sucks they lose to the damn guppies, but I can imagine they're more than a bit tired. 

Hell, their only 3 game home stand was also 3 games in 4 nights, albeit back in October.

No back to back games for 3 weeks now, so that should help, along with a proper home stand.

Hopefully that's their biggest issue, but it would sure be nice to see Petey back to his old self.

Inspire Just Do It GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

On the plus side if our big slump is playing .500 hockey... maybe we'll be alright.

Difficult stretch lately, gotta come ready for Anaheim & Vegas. Not much more to say than that.

Agreed, as long as it's a slump.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

How many times have we heard that in the last two weeks?  Tocchet says it after every loss (and some wins) and they keep coming up with the same effort.  

Now we'll see how good of a coach RT really is.  

34 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Play the bottom 6 more if Pettersson and Miller are playing like shit. 

How so? Miller got 3 points out of it and Petey with 1… If only the defenders didn’t leave DeSmith hanging dry most of the time. 

• Upvote 1