(PGT) Canucks at Sharks

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

How so? Miller got 3 points out of it and Petey with 1… If only the defenders didn’t leave DeSmith hanging dry most of the time. 

Points or not, that was the worst game of the year for JT......that said, he's set a high bar this season

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Blown opportunity

Piss me off.  Going to bed.  

Win the next game at home. 

Can we get some perspective with all the negativity when we lose?? I mean if you were to see these standings prior to the start of the season you'd either not believe it or be jumping for joy. 

We are not a top tier team, but we are almost there. Considering how fast that happened it should be celebrated. We are somewhere between a top 7-10 team in the standings. Last year we were a bottom 7-10 team. Lets cheers to the success were having, and don't wig out when the losses happen. Realistically it was projected to take another two  seasons to get to this level. Next year we'll be a threat for a top 5 team. Personally I am beyond ecstatic we are here, and keeping my expectations at the slightly lower top tier level. You should to.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

On the plus side if our big slump is playing .500 hockey... maybe we'll be alright.

Difficult stretch lately, gotta come ready for Anaheim & Vegas. Not much more to say than that. 

It’s been a rough November and I’m impressed how they managed it. Especially when they did 2 odd back to back travel games (East Coast to Van and back out to Calgary, and this recent one).

If this was the same team from last season, we would be on some 5 or 6 games losing streak. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Inspire Just Do It GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

They aren't superhuman, and shit happens.  Sometimes teams can push through rough schedules, but that's rare, even with the best teams.  No team has played more games than them, and only one other is tied, and they (Kraken) are below .500.

This is an awful schedule, and they finally get a break now. If they don't take advantage of it, and continue to play poorly, that's a clear sign that there's something serious that needs addressing

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They shouldn't be on here if they don't want spoilers. 

Dudley Do Right says,

We should extend the courtesy not to spoil the game for anyone, however, as I do for all things important to me, I take extra care not to see or here anything that gives anything away before I've watched the game.  Obviously I do not come on here once the puck is about to drop, and not until I have watched the entire game.  You have to take these important matters in to your own hands.

11 minutes ago, Darius said:

They hadn’t lost to these guys since 2019. It’s the nhl, the other team is trying to win too.

i don’t know how realistic it is to expect this team to go from poor team to consistently dominant in one season. Overall they are doing great considering all  these road games and the thinned out D.   They need to shed a couple unfavourable contracts, bolster the defence, and add a little more size on the wing. Prob another 1-2 yr process. 

Need to concentrate on the positives here. It’s not like they need to fill the most difficult positions (1c,1d, great goalie) . The foundation is in. They are closer than they have been in at least 10 yrs and can still be one of the better teams in the west. 

Yeah, Ive been thinking the same thing i.e it’s a process.  Some encouraging signs at least.  

I wont be getting comfortable though (post season appearance) until the end of the regular season. 

• Cheers 1

People are expecting the Canucks should be performing like a President Trophy team during the regular season… 

Look what happened to us when we won 2012 PT, get knocked out in 1st round. And same goes to Boston from last season. 
We don’t want that cursed Trophy…

Staying in the top and somewhat in the 2nd to 3rd spots in the West should be something need to focus on to get into the playoffs 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

We lost,who cares...

21 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

This is one of many reasons why the league kinda look bush.  Don't the 3 stars mean anything anymore? 

Screenshot_20231125-225814.png

A Canuck having more points then any of them should get some consideration. Who picks these? Who cares? Guaranteed the players don't.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

For everyone ragging on Petey, he has more points in his last 7 games than Auston Matthews:

Total points last 7 games:

Elias Pettersson - 4

Auston Matthews - 3

Wonder if the Leafs fans are hanging Matthews out to dry, as much as way to many Canuck fans are with Petey? 

• ThereItIs 1

Couple, maybe 3 things:

De Smith could have stopped a few more; we could have pulled him after the 2nd goal and saved the game.  He's played well enough previously to have earned a Mulligan, but we could have saved the point(s).

Miller stunk up the joint tonight (old expression; he wasn't that bad); couple 3 outright terrible passes which turned the play against us big time and stalled momentum.  I know he got 3 assists, but the tying goal he missed and the bad passes he's got to get under control.  And take a page out of Kesler's book, and go take it out on the opposition not the ice, or the boards, or the net, or your goalie (jk, JT); but channel that rage man, Make Them Pay.

Is Garland the Real Huggy Bear?  I checked The NHL Rule Book, and the refs were right: There is nothing in there against dry-humping your opponent.  We could have had 3 minors out of that bull.  It's got to be at least Unsportsmanlike Behaviour, or Interference, or even Holding (and Cuddling).  Its gonna ruin the game, I tell ya; if we have 4 or 5 pairs of players all humped up all over the ice.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

For everyone ragging on Petey, he has more points in his last 7 games than Auston Matthews:

Elias Pettersson - 4

Auston Matthews - 3

We need Petey to turn it up a notch 

Edited by Cromeslab

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Inspire Just Do It GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

Just to add a little meat on the bone regarding schedule...

Division leaders:

Boston has had 2 back to backs this season, most recently yesterday and today, lost both games.

Rangers have had only one back to back so far, also these past 2 days, and played 3 games less than the Canucks.  They have won both games.

Avs have also only had one back to back, and they too won both of the games.

Vegas has had 3 back to backs, losing 4 of 6, including both of the most recent one.

Canucks have had 4 back to backs already. 

(Fyi all back to backs mentioned were part of 3 in 4 nights, fwiw)

Schedule is part of the game, and it's not the same for everyone at the same time.  When it's rough, you do the best you can and hope it works out. We've gotten through some rough patches here, fingers crossed it will return to the good times we had in the first 15 games.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Not unlike a few games this season...except the goaltending didn't save them tonight.....that being said , I haven't seen anything as bad as the Granlund goal. That's a low point for me, especially considering we had the top defensive pair on the ice at the time....

....but the most concerning thing to me is that the Canucks couldn't muster a 5 on 5 goal against the worst team in the league. Credit to the Sharks for blocking a lot of shots, but the even strength scoring is starting to be a concern.

I expect Kuzmenko to be back in the lineup against the Ducks.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Division leaders:

Boston has had 2 back to backs this season, most recently yesterday and today, lost both games.

Rangers have had only one back to back so far, also these past 2 days, and played 3 games less than the Canucks.  They have won both games.

Vegas has had 3 back to backs, losing 4 of 6, including both of the most recent one.

Schedule is part of the game, and it's not the same for everyone at the same time.  When it's rough, you do the best you can and hope it works out. We've gotten through some rough patches here, fingers crossed it will return to the good times we had in the first 15 games.

Got through it and still have a comfy position. See what the other teams do during there's, as we get points with a easier schedule. 

• Cheers 1

I appreciate we went 2 for 4 but optically over the past few games I think we would benefit from some more crash the net/create chaos type jam on the PP when we aren't playing our best. When teams do a good job of taking away the shooting lanes and cross seam passes we look a bit static on the half wall looking for the perfect pass (Petey not being one hundred clearly doesn't help this). Can't solely rely on Hughes/Hronek to generate all the movement from the blue line. GCG

20 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Division leaders:

Yes, and after we reach playoff the schedule is not a problem.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Elias Pettersson - 4

Auston Matthews - 3

The failure of another team's player has absolutely no bearing on our team.  Your mother wouldn't be happy with your D- report card just because some other kid got an F.

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

Can we get some perspective with all the negativity when we lose?? I mean if you were to see these standings prior to the start of the season you'd either not believe it or be jumping for joy. 

We are not a top tier team, but we are almost there. Considering how fast that happened it should be celebrated. We are somewhere between a top 7-10 team in the standings. Last year we were a bottom 7-10 team. Lets cheers to the success were having, and don't wig out when the losses happen. Realistically it was projected to take another two  seasons to get to this level. Next year we'll be a threat for a top 5 team. Personally I am beyond ecstatic we are here, and keeping my expectations at the slightly lower top tier level. You should to.

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Got through it and still have a comfy position. See what the other teams do during there's, as we get points with a easier schedule. 

Nothing wrong with being pissed off about getting outplayed by the league's worst team.  There is a time to celebrate the success of our team and there is a time to be upset over the failures.  This wasn't a loss to Colorado or New York.  This was a lost to the 23-24 San Jose Sharks.  That is a failure.  That should never happen for any team this season.

• Cheers 1