(PGT) Canucks at Sharks

PhillipBlunt

8 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't want to hear from Boeser, who had a decent game. I want to hear from Petey or Miller on why they can't score when they need to. 

Hey everybody! Look at Brock! He did something good! 

Canucks lost to the worst team in the league after trying their best. Losers of 4 of their last 6 and a tough schedule coming up. Playoffs? 🤣 

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

Are you really saying this team is no better than the team under BB?

No, but a lot of the same patterns and bad habits are there.  Which makes sense because most of the same core is still there

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Not unlike a few games this season...except the goaltending didn't save them tonight.....that being said , I haven't seen anything as bad as the Granlund goal. That's a low point for me, especially considering we had the top defensive pair on the ice at the time....

....but the most concerning thing to me is that the Canucks couldn't muster a 5 on 5 goal against the worst team in the league. Credit to the Sharks for blocking a lot of shots, but the even strength scoring is starting to be a concern.

I expect Kuzmenko to be back in the lineup against the Ducks.

The lack of 5v5 scoring has been an issue for a significant stretch now and might be a serious issue going fwd.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kragar said:

Just to add a little meat on the bone regarding schedule...

Division leaders:

Boston has had 2 back to backs this season, most recently yesterday and today, lost both games.

Rangers have had only one back to back so far, also these past 2 days, and played 3 games less than the Canucks.  They have won both games.

Avs have also only had one back to back, and they too won both of the games.

Vegas has had 3 back to backs, losing 4 of 6, including both of the most recent one.

Canucks have had 4 back to backs already. 

(Fyi all back to backs mentioned were part of 3 in 4 nights, fwiw)

Schedule is part of the game, and it's not the same for everyone at the same time.  When it's rough, you do the best you can and hope it works out. We've gotten through some rough patches here, fingers crossed it will return to the good times we had in the first 15 games.

To be clear, I dont think the team is making excuses, just people here 

56 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I don't want to hear from Boeser, who had a decent game. I want to hear from Petey or Miller on why they can't score when they need to. 

Hey everybody! Look at Brock! He did something good! 

Canucks lost to the worst team in the league after trying their best. Losers of 4 of their last 6 and a tough schedule coming up. Playoffs? 🤣 

Honestly, I think it's more like when your name comes up unless it's something earth shattering. I also think in most cases they know before the game 

even starts who is going to be interviewed. I'd rather have it the way you suggest ...

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

No, but a lot of the same patterns and bad habits are there.  Which makes sense because most of the same core is still there

True... but it is still miles better...

At least we don't feel like we are being scored on at every attack, and the Myers down the middle pizzas seems to have been eradicated...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, spook007 said:

True... but it is still miles better...

At least we don't feel like we are being scored on at every attack, and the Myers down the middle pizzas seems to have been eradicated...

No argument here, they are a deeper, better team.  However, they need to figure out how solve these same issues that have plagued them going on 2.5 years now.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Vegas lost to the Coyotes last night. That’s a team they should beat. Guess the Knights aren’t a very good team either?

People need to stop desperately trying to draw conclusions after every game it’s ridiculous. 😂

You play the games for a reason. I'll take a road back to back split every time.

The guys have 3rd in the Pacific locked down at the moment, if Allvin can shore up the depth this team will be fine.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Vegas lost to the Coyotes last night. That’s a team they should beat. Guess the Knights aren’t a very good team either?

People need to stop desperately trying to draw conclusions after every game it’s ridiculous. 😂

Difference is we know who the Golden Knights are. We know how good they are. Heck they just won the cup. 

Vancouver we aren't sure yet so when losing to a bottom feeding team it raises more questions than if Vegas lost to Arizona. Also Arizona is at least a bubble team as of this writing.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The knights have some history that brings some credibility to their game, no?  Theyve proven that they know how to win when the chips are down.  All the Canucks have shown over the last 2.5 years is that they know how linger in mediocrity.

Now, I think this is a playoff team, but they have some serious issues to address here and until they do, it's going to be a season of inconsistent play 

Edited by stawns

1 minute ago, stawns said:

The knights have some history that brings some credibility to their game, no?  Theyve proven that they know how to win when the chips are down.  All the Canucks have shown over the last 2.5 years is that they know how linger in mediocrity.

Now, I think this is a playoff team, but they have some serious issues to address here and until they do, it's going to be a season of inconsistent play 

All this shows is that you’re defaulting to doubt and negativity because of what past teams have done.

This isn’t the same team as the last 2.5 years. There’s been lots of roster turnover. New coaches and a new captain. So drawing conclusions based on what’s happened in the past is pointless.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Holy Batman an overreaction to a defeat (narrow)...

What are folks expected from back to back games with travel in between?

This is the 4th back to back in the first 22 games, and they have at 2 points in each of these games (3points in the only back to back without travelling).

Are folks actually expecting us to go through the season unbeaten? Yes its Sharks and they suck just now, get over it...

This team is in general miles better that what we have seen recently... 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Difference is we know who the Golden Knights are. We know how good they are. Heck they just won the cup. 

Vancouver we aren't sure yet so when losing to a bottom feeding team it raises more questions than if Vegas lost to Arizona. Also Arizona is at least a bubble team as of this writing.

Such a bad argument.

So because we don’t know who the Canucks are yet that means any time they lose to a team below them in the standings it means they’re suddenly not as good of a team?

Good teams lose to bad teams all season. It’s like some people don’t watch any other games but the Canucks…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Coach Rick has to take some of the heat for this loss.  I think he feels that way too if you read between the lines of his post game.  This should have

been basically a short shift line game for the Canucks. No exceptions other then special teams, but is wasn't. 

When you're on the road and tired from the previous game, the lines have to make they're changes and quickly. 

Petterson almost beat the tar out of someone. That was great. Bet we'll see more of that. He's surprisingly strong. Petey the goon.  What a concept! 

Plus he had a rested top line player that he could have used 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All this shows is that you’re defaulting to doubt and negativity because of what past teams have done.

This isn’t the same team as the last 2.5 years. There’s been lots of roster turnover. New coaches and a new captain. So drawing conclusions based on what’s happened in the past is pointless.

I'm one of the few posters who has remained pretty positive throughout.  You're confusing objectivity with negativity.........and you trashed this team relentlessly all last season, while I remained steadfast that a new coach would make a huge difference 

Drawing conclusions based on their history is, especially very recent history (last 10 games) is good when the same trends are there that have plagued them for multiple seasons 

You, and others, have let a small taste of success cloud your objectivity and are actually so insecure about this team that you can't even listen to other perspectives.

• Vintage 2