This whole season seems to beg the Question, What has Tocchet done for this team? Second, did Tocchet make his biggest mistake so far?

Tocchet.A.Hockey.God

Tocchet  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tocchet the right coach for this team

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

OK so 82 GA last year at this time vs 56 this year seems like a pretty drastic improvement, no?  So if ‘coaches coach defense’  3.73 GA/GM down to 2.55/GM must mean Tocc/Footie/Gonch deserve some credit. 

did you expect them to be worse? There has been many personnel changes. Could that have something to do with it? lets talk structure not stats. Because right now they are trending in the wrong direction and those stats are getting worse and that's due to the structural break downs defensively 

45 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

did you expect them to be worse? There has been many personnel changes. Could that have something to do with it? lets talk structure not stats. Because right now they are trending in the wrong direction and those stats are getting worse and that's due to the structural break downs defensively 

The Canucks have had a ton of games in a short period of time, leading to fewer practices.  Practices where you teach structure, so yes, break downs will happen.

• Vintage 1

Kuzmenko has been mediocre for most of the season, not really his biggest mistake.

50 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Because right now they are trending in the wrong direction and those stats are getting worse and that's due to the structural break downs defensively 

Going from a non-playoff team to a playoff team takes time, stretches like this are going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Are we 14-7-1 because of Tocchet. Or the offensive abilities of our stars. Coaches coach defense stars make offence.

Without RT we could be 22-0🙄

Ultimately it is the players who play, the coach creates a role and style he wants to play, based on the players he is given to maximise their skills

I like RT's approach (and the better choice over anyone of us) 😉

All of our present coaches were hard working skilled dedicated players, and doubtful that what they say, is not respected by the players and seeing better results

If The Canucks won the cup, and you asked if they won in spite of the coach ?

My answer would be the same as now ,

Who cares, we won and I am enjoying it

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I would ask is he. Where's the prove on the ice. 

I could have taken this post in multiple ways.

Here is one, Why is Miller having to tell the players where to stand prior to the faceoffs anyone else notice that. That is a lot of talking being over heard by the opposition, They are literally telling the opposition their plays a head of time. That is not a team well prepared. 

Honestly I think that's just something Miller likes to do. He's done it ever since he's been a Canuck and even does it when he's not the center or the one taking the draw.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I don't think you understood the post it is the accumulation of Tocchet's inexperience that lead him to that decision.

As a former Hockey player that played BCHL and then US collage Hockey I can tell you from experience of being benched, a player is banging his stick to get back in there to show he belongs.

Nobody, should care what Amen did like I mention in the post he isn't a regular this season Kuz is a first line winger. Just because Amen had two assists doesn't mean he is going to do the same next game. And I guarantee that Kuz is in the line up next game.

Man I know they take it easy on student on student athletes down there but I didn't know it was THAT bad 😂😂😂

Pretty convenient/predictable threads like these come out after a rut everyone and their dog knew was coming but not when Tocchet and his staff got us off to literally our best start ever. If you're really asking what Tocchet has done that just screams to me you don't actually pay attention or have watched games at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, 4petesake said:

OK so 82 GA last year at this time vs 56 this year seems like a pretty drastic improvement, no?  So if ‘coaches coach defense’  3.73 GA/GM down to 2.55/GM must mean Tocc/Footie/Gonch deserve some credit. 

not really.. i think all the credit goes to Demko and Desmith.. as they were out of this world in the first 15 games or so with their high danger chance saves.. demko at one point was at .980 when the rest of the league was around .870 avg..

we given up just as much high danger chance as last season at the same point.. and our penalty kill is still bad at 75% it's better than last season for sure but really it's not much better.. considering demko is saving everything on high danger chance this year.. and he's giving up everything last year on high danger chances. 

things tends to balance out over the year and we are seeing the canucks starting to come back to earth.. we had the 3rd easiest schedule so far this season and the remaining schedule is only going to get tougher.. although i'm pretty optimistic we'll finish 3rd even if we fall off the map the rest of the way just because seattle calgary and edmonton have been awful and unless edmonton get themselves a goalie.. they'll be a WC team at best.

i'm not complaining about the record but i would like to see we somehow cut down on these high danger chance against.. i don't care how good the goalies are.. it's not a recipe for success.. high danger chance are usually defined usually as a shot in the slot area and a rebound chance.. aka we ain't getting to the rebound and clearing it.. we still lacking a dman that can clear the crease imo

9 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I would ask is he. Where's the prove on the ice. 

I could have taken this post in multiple ways.

Here is one, Why is Miller having to tell the players where to stand prior to the faceoffs anyone else notice that. That is a lot of talking being over heard by the opposition, They are literally telling the opposition their plays a head of time. That is not a team well prepared. 

Are you sure you're a hockey player?

How can you even ask such a question? They have various plays lined up for face offs. Miller saying which play he is hope to generate should he win the face off. 
ITS CALLED LEADERSHIP....

The team is far more structured than it has been in a long time. Accountability is being held high, and benching Kuz shows it goes for everyone, not just the foot soldiers....

Its what fans has been crying out for, for ages... scoring is higher than expected, and defense has improved. 

Aren't you the one, who vanished from the board, when the team kept winning btw?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1